What's new

Tech The NEW Black Adam Combo Thread

No annotations for now. Whatever, you guys know the buttons lol (or you should). Also sorry for no game sound... I can't record it for some reason.

Only focusing on BnBs, far boot stomp and close boot stomp combos. Considering damage, corner carry, meter gain and knockdown properties. I'm pretty sure I forgot about some. But I didn't want to make the video too long either. Just wanted to show some alternative combo routes and the new combos I found.

I used Catwoman as dummy because she has the smallest hurtbox. So if a combo works on her it should on everyone.

FYI gents, when Black Adam is standing very close to a grounded opponent he can iaNJ1~mb Boot Stomp to start a combo. Can work in a combo after, say, B2~Black Magic, etc.

Haven't tested it--past the initial discovery--so I don't know if there will ever be a reason to use it. Nevertheless, it's possible.

Error

DF2+R2
Another F3 Meterless corner combo:

F3 NJ3xxClose Bootstomp 22B1 13xxLightning Storm 40%

Input 13 fast so that you're under your opponent and the lightning storm shouldn't whiff, If you Trait after 22b1 you get 45%

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Found a way to make the 48% divekick starter much easier, surprised it didnt come to me earlier since ive been practicing ewgf the same way

instead of doing df for the iad to D+F together, saves tme

T4T|Nevan

"Burn baby! Burn!"
What's the inputs you guys are doing to do iabs? I use "SF" controls and I'm trying like you would do Cammy's Insta Dive-Kick.

Nah you can't really "tiger knee" it. You have to jump first then do qcf3. I also use alternate controls.

Make sure the MB dive kick hits low enough to maximize your frame advantage. If you hit them low enough it doesn't even need to be a perfect instant air. Just do it as soon as you see Black Adam leave the ground, not before.

Celerity

Lab Monster
New best combos (BnBs):

(J1/J2), (Starter xx T), 2 2 B1, JI2, Far Boot Stomp, B2 3, D2 xx Black Magic, Lightning Strike or Far Boot Stomp - 38% [~49% w/Trait] use lightning strike if you want to zone and far boot stomp if you want to pursue pressure.

Question: do you think D2 xx Black Magic is consistent enough to be practical? I found them dropping out of Black Magic about half of the time, so I'm not sure exactly how tight the link is. It might just be that I'm too used to the 1 1 timing.

Question: do you think D2 xx Black Magic is consistent enough to be practical? I found them dropping out of Black Magic about half of the time, so I'm not sure exactly how tight the link is. It might just be that I'm too used to the 1 1 timing.
If they're dropping out chances are you're doing d2 too late or special cancelling too late. I don't find the timing that strict personally.

Man I didn't really notice this before but some of the double Dive Kick combos build back like half a bar of meter or more. It's crazy! 48% whiff punish for 0.4 meter loss.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I found out why I keep messing up iaBS... There is a slight height restriction on the dive kick and when I wait for a bit, I get it much more reliably.

Also on ending combos with 13... this is entirely possible on most combos, however with combos using Black Magic before the b23, use just 3 instead. The gravity is too much in the combo and the 3 in 13 will whiff so use just 3 in those. It is also a hard knockdown, but there is more recovery. Just something to think about. Is it possible to do a crossup BS after standing 3 hits? I know you can after 13 hits.

iDeeejay

Low MeterBurn Lightning
I found it very hard to land 13 after bnbs for some reason, and when i did get it out, I couldn't crossup 2 in time.. I was jumping as they got up and just hitting them in front. If someone could make a video with these 13 setups that would be appreciated

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I found it very hard to land 13 after bnbs for some reason, and when i did get it out, I couldn't crossup 2 in time.. I was jumping as they got up and just hitting them in front. If someone could make a video with these 13 setups that would be appreciated
The crossup setup is not J2... it's a far boot stomp timed correctly.

The crossup setup is not J2... it's a far boot stomp timed correctly.
You can still cross-up with MB FBS after JI2 is blocked though. JI2 xx FBS will hit front then cross-up, JI2 xx MB CBS will hit front twice so it's a decent mixup.

Though I can't remember if it was 13 or 223 I was testing this with but they're both similar KDs. edit: yup definitely works after 13.

I just tested again and I can't do it anymore lol. I was pulling it off like it was nothing yesterday and now it seems like a 1 frame link. STEALTH NERF.

Yeah I think it's better to play it safe and end with Ra Power/Ka Servant or 13 instead. Too bad I really liked the corner carry on it.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I just tested again and I can't do it anymore lol. I was pulling it off like it was nothing yesterday and now it seems like a 1 frame link. STEALTH NERF.

Yeah I think it's better to play it safe and end with Ra Power/Ka Servant or 13 instead. Too bad I really liked the corner carry on it.
I thought so too lol ... but the timing found me again.

Celerity

Lab Monster

If you want corner carry, you could always end in 1 1 xx Lightning Storm[MB].

Celerity

Lab Monster
New best combos (BnBs):

(J1/J2), (Starter xx T), 2 2 B1, JI2, Far Boot Stomp, B2 3, D2 xx Black Magic, Lightning Strike or Far Boot Stomp - 38% [~49% w/Trait] use lightning strike if you want to zone and far boot stomp if you want to pursue pressure.

(J1/J2), (Starter xx T), 2 2/B1 xx Black Magic, NJ2/JI2 or dash twice, 2 2 B1, JI2, Far Boot Stomp, B2 3, D2 xx Lightning Storm - 36% [~47% w/Trait] black magic allows max corner carry or switching sides.

(J1/J2), (Starter xx T), 2 2 xx MB Lightning Cage, B3, early JI3, delayed Far Boot Stomp, 1 1 xx MB Lightning Storm - 49% [~59% w/Trait] 2 bars

(J1/J2), (Starter xx T), 2 2 B1, NJ2, Boot Stomp, 2 2 B1 xx Black Magic, B2 3, U1 - 39% [~50% w/Trait] meterless corner BnB, leads to 50/50 crossup. NJ3 is character specific, NJ2 is universal.
Okay, I tested these for awhile longer.

Combo #1: Fairly sure this is a 1F link, but since it's such a nice improvement I'm definitely going to list it and let people torture themselves if they want to.
Combo #2: This was already listed under B1, but I can't get the 2 2 version to work consistently. NJ2 always leaves them too far away for 2 2 B1 to hit, and JI2 (crossup) only connects if they're far away when the combo begins. Thoughts?
Combo #3: Good.
Combo #4: 2 2 B1 seems to be a good damage improvement over 1 1. What characters does NJ3 not work on? I tested vs Catwoman, Harley, Grundy, and Superman and it works vs all.

Combo #2: This was already listed under B1, but I can't get the 2 2 version to work consistently. NJ2 always leaves them too far away for 2 2 B1 to hit, and JI2 (crossup) only connects if they're far away when the combo begins. Thoughts?
NJ2 has to hit late on the way down. One strange thing I noticed about using B1 xx black magic (ji2, 11 xx T, b1 xx black magic) is that B1 has to be SLIGHTLY delayed to combo properly. If you link B1 too fast after trait then it uncombos on a lot of characters. Cross-up J2 only works if you used B1 xx black magic. If you used 22 xx black magic then you NJ2. Only the first 2 will whiff, the next 2b1 will still combo.

I have no clue how you're able to hit Catwoman with NJ3 in the corner. I'd like to see a video of it lol because it seems impossible for me. She's so tiny!

Celerity

Lab Monster
Update 5/17:

Changed the following midscreen combos. These are the combos which can link 1 3 after B2 3 as an ender. They all previously used U1+3, but 1 3 gives much better oki with ~1% loss of damage:

F2, 1 1 xx T, B2 3, 1 3 - 35%
AA D2, NJ2, Far Boot Stomp, B2 3, 1 3 - 26%
AA D2 xx T, JI2, Far Boot Stomp, B2 3, 1 3 - 34%
F3, J2, Far Boot Stomp, (1 1 xx T), B2 3, 1 3 - 35% [44%]
B3, JI3, Far Boot Stomp, B2 3, 1 3 - 38%
B3, T, JI2, Far Boot Stomp, B2 3, 1 3 - 44%
AA Boot Stomp, B2 3, 1 3 - 28%
Boot Stomp[MB], dash, 1 1 xx T, B2 3, 1 3 - 38% 1 bar
Boot Stomp[MB], Far Boot Stomp, B2 xx T, B2 3, 1 3 - 48% 1 bar
Black Magic, (dash), 2 2 B1 (xx T), JI2, Far Boot Stomp, B2 3, 1 3 - 29% [34%]
Black Magic, T, 2 2 B1, JI2, Far Boot Stomp, B2 3, 1 3 - 37%
Black Magic[MB], (T), (dash), JI3, Far Boot Stomp, B2 3, 1 3 - 32% [39%] 1 bar
Lightning Bomb hits, (T), J3, Far Boot Stomp, B2 3, 1 3 - 37% [46%]

Added the following new midscreen combos:

1 1 xx Black Magic, NJ2, (B2 xx T), 2 2 B1, JI2, Far Boot Stomp, B2 3, 1 3 - 31% [39%]
B1 xx Black Magic, JI2, (2 2 xx T) 2 2 B1, JI2, Far Boot Stomp, B2 3, 1 3 - 33% [40%]
AA Boot Stomp, JI1, Far Boot Stomp, B2 3, 1 3 - 39%
AA Boot Stomp, B2 3, D2 xx Black Magic, Lightning Strike - 31%
AA Boot Stomp, B2 3, D2 xx Black Magic[MB], (T), walk forward, B2 3, U1+3 - 39% [42%] 1 bar
F2, 1 1 xx T, B2 3, D2 xx Black Magic, Lightning Strike - 38%
F2, 1 1 xx T, B2 3, D2 xx Black Magic[MB], dash, B2 3, U1+3 - 44% 1 bar

The D2 link after B2 3 is really exciting. The fact that it launches allows for MB followups which were previously impossible. Also, even though it's 1F slower than 1 1, the fact that it hits low makes it a little easier to land.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Awesome stuff Celerity

Don't you get a free DB2 bomb setup after any MB Black Magic? That makes any B23, D2~MB Black Magic so much better imo

T4T|Nevan

"Burn baby! Burn!"
Update 5/17:

Changed the following midscreen combos. These are the combos which can link 1 3 after B2 3 as an ender. They all previously used U1+3, but 1 3 gives much better oki with ~1% loss of damage
By better oki you are referring to the fact that you can get bomb setups after the 13, aye?

Celerity

Lab Monster
By better oki you are referring to the fact that you can get bomb setups after the 13, aye?
It's a hard knockdown that gives you a lot of time, so the possibilities are basically endless. Against Deathstroke I'd probably cancel into bomb, yeah. You can also just jump forward and go for crossup J2/MB divekicks. I haven't had the chance to play with this new stuff yet, so I don't know exactly what's optimal.

Konqrr They can roll out of Black Magic, but you might be able to find a good setup there, yeah.