What's new

Tech The NEW Black Adam Combo Thread

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
anyway, im using it vs chars with shit wakeups, id rather lose 7% guaranteed damage and possibly get 55% more

and this is coming from a subzero main who has a stick up his ass when people mention setups that may work at the price of guaranteed damage

Celerity

Lab Monster
anyway, im using it vs chars with shit wakeups, id rather lose 7% guaranteed damage and possibly get 55% more

and this is coming from a subzero main who has a stick up his ass when people mention setups that may work at the price of guaranteed damage
Again I'll ask, why is the 1 3 ender better than Boot Stomp ender for crossup oki?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Again I'll ask, why is the 1 3 ender better than Boot Stomp ender for crossup oki?
what boot stomp ender?

and 13 is an untechable knockdown that is difficult to predict which side adams gonna land on even if you glue your eyes looking at adams feet

Celerity

Lab Monster
what boot stomp ender?

and 13 is an untechable knockdown that is difficult to predict which side adams gonna land on even if you glue your eyes looking at adams feet
Boot Stomp ender should be superior to 1 3 even with the untechable knockdown, it does more damage and you get the exact same crossup options even if they roll. The only time you can abuse an untechable knockdown is if they're in the corner so you can go for a double crossup.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Boot Stomp ender should be superior to 1 3 even with the untechable knockdown, it does more damage and you get the exact same crossup options even if they roll. The only time you can abuse an untechable knockdown is if they're in the corner so you can go for a double crossup.
What boot stomp ender...? boot stomp is the name of his divekick

no you don't get the same crossup options

you can abuse an untechable knockdown everywhere

Celerity

Lab Monster
What boot stomp ender...? boot stomp is the name of his divekick

no you don't get the same crossup options

you can abuse an untechable knockdown everywhere
I'm sorry but did you even read the OP?

All of the combos that end in Boot Stomp give you a crossup setup just like if you end the combo in 1 3. The fact that they can roll doesn't matter, because you have so much time. You simply walk forward a step or two if necessary and do a JI2/Close Boot Stomp mixup. Admittedly this does not work at all ranges, but it works at most.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I'm sorry but did you even read the OP?

All of the combos that end in Boot Stomp give you a crossup setup just like if you end the combo in 1 3. The fact that they can roll doesn't matter, because you have so much time. You simply walk forward a step or two if necessary and do a JI2/Close Boot Stomp mixup. Admittedly this does not work at all ranges, but it works at most.
I did read the first post about the "vortex" part. I didn't understand anything, you say do b23 u1 then boot stomp? Or b23 u1 without ending it into a crossup? It's really not clear at all.

Celerity

Lab Monster
I did read the first post about the "vortex" part. I didn't understand anything, you say do b23 u1 then boot stomp? Or b23 u1 without ending it into a crossup? It's really not clear at all.
No. There are many midscreen combos listed which end in Far Boot Stomp, not U1+3. These are his oki setups. I even labeled them as such, so I'm not sure how I can make it clearer.

In any case, after ending in Boot Stomp, you hold forward and see if they roll (they always should if they're smart), and then jump forward with J2/Close Boot Stomp mixup, or Far Boot Stomp to make their AA whiff, or land and sweep, or whatever. If they don't roll, you can jump forward and have a Close/Far Boot Stomp mixup, or jump straight up and cross up with J2 at some ranges, you have to experiment. This part I maybe should add to the OP because it seems like people aren't sure what to do after a knockdown, but Vulcan Hades already has a good thread on this subject.

As far as the usefulness of the untechable knockdown, you need to realize that in this game, rolls are a fixed distance and a fixed time, and they are reactable. Letting the opponent roll is fine as long as you have options to cover the roll.

nvm, the combo i posted before was already posted
Yes, it's one of the first combos listed in the OP, which is why I asked if you read it. :p

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
No. There are many midscreen combos listed which end in Far Boot Stomp, not U1+3. These are his oki setups. I even labeled them as such, so I'm not sure how I can make it clearer.

In any case, after ending in Boot Stomp, you hold forward and see if they roll (they always should if they're smart), and then jump forward with J2/Close Boot Stomp mixup, or Far Boot Stomp to make their AA whiff, or land and sweep, or whatever. If they don't roll, you can jump forward and have a Close/Far Boot Stomp mixup, or jump straight up and cross up with J2 at some ranges, you have to experiment. This part I maybe should add to the OP because it seems like people aren't sure what to do after a knockdown, but Vulcan Hades already has a good thread on this subject.

As far as the usefulness of the untechable knockdown, you need to realize that in this game, rolls are a fixed distance and a fixed time, and they are reactable. Letting the opponent roll is fine as long as you have options to cover the roll.

Yes, it's one of the first combos listed in the OP, which is why I asked if you read it. :p
My bad, i tend to skip combo sections when i know the best bnbs

this whole thing is too situational depending on observing what they do compared to a simple braindead jump that not only gives you the same free 50/50 with no guessing game but can also be used to punish invincible or not wakeups of most of the cast on reaction with ex divekick or by waiting not more than half a sec before jumping if the wakeup has a big hitbox.

atm the 13 setup punishes flashs flying uppercut and sinestros arachnid

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Qwark28 He is saying there are combos you can end with dive kick to add extra damage and be at good jump spacing. However, Celerity I will gladly sacrifice that damage for an untechable knockdown. Depending on the advantage, which on 13 is a good bit, I get safe setups.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Qwark28 He is saying there are combos you can end with dive kick to add extra damage and be at good jump spacing. However, Celerity I will gladly sacrifice that damage for an untechable knockdown. Depending on the advantage, which on 13 is a good bit, I get safe setups.
i know what hes saying, im saying id rather sacrifice damage i can get from simple chip to attempt a 55% and mentally strain my op/force mistakes.

i dont want to be caught a scorpion on steroids with double damage and a safe B2/f4 spear

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
i know what hes saying, im saying id rather sacrifice damage i can get from simple chip to attempt a 55% and mentally strain my op/force mistakes.

i dont want to be caught a scorpion on steroids with double damage and a safe B2/f4 spear
Exactly, if I can sacrifice a little bit of damage, which still results in a 40-50% combo depending btw, for another setup that could produce another 50% show me the way oh shepard.

Celerity

Lab Monster
My bad, i tend to skip combo sections when i know the best bnbs
Except you don't, because what you posted is inferior to what's listed. :)

this whole thing is too situational depending on observing what they do compared to a simple braindead jump that not only gives you the same free 50/50 with no guessing game but can also be used to punish invincible or not wakeups of most of the cast on reaction with ex divekick or by waiting not more than half a sec before jumping if the wakeup has a big hitbox.

atm the 13 setup punishes flashs flying uppercut and sinestros arachnid
If "observing what the opponent does" is situational for you, then you probably shouldn't be playing fighting games. The roll is incredibly easy to react to. You're absolutely right about the untechable knockdown mattering against certain characters, but this is something that's going to take a lot of experimentation to figure out the absolute best oki setup against each character.

Joker8417 I guess what I'm trying to say is that the 1 3 ender is not significantly safer against most of the cast. The big difference is that you get to be further behind them, which matters if they have an invincible wakeup with a high forward hitbox. If they do, that's fine, use 1 3 or B2 3, U1+3. But Boot Stomp is superior in most cases.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM

If "observing what the opponent does" is situational for you, then you probably shouldn't be playing fighting games. The roll is incredibly easy to react to. You're absolutely right about the untechable knockdown mattering against certain characters, but this is something that's going to take a lot of experimentation to figure out the absolute best oki setup against each character.

Joker8417 I guess what I'm trying to say is that the 1 3 ender is not significantly safer against most of the cast. The big difference is that you get to be further behind them, which matters if they have an invincible wakeup with a high forward hitbox. If they do, that's fine, use 1 3 or B2 3, U1+3. But Boot Stomp is superior in most cases.
It's not just good in terms of jump in though is my point. Off of untechable knockdowns you can just do a raw instant air ex dive kick and if done correctly it crosses up for combo. If it's blocked you get free pressure anyway. That will only work off of 13 or sweep too, I'm pretty sure off of anything else wake ups beat it. I do agree though ending combos with dive kick is still very good too.

Stop arguing over silly things lol. All knockdowns can be good and in the end it's a matter of preference.

I like both untechable knockdowns but also ending with dive kicks sometimes.

Celerity

Lab Monster
Stop arguing over silly things lol. All knockdowns can be good and in the end it's a matter of preference.

btw if they roll the dive kick you lose a 50/50 but can still 50/50 with j2 (front) xx MB far Dive Kick (behind) or close Dive Kick (front).
Yeah. No point in arguing this, I just don't like when people say things are bad despite never having tried them or understanding the purpose behind them.

Walking forward before jumping after the dive kick ender should make J2 crossup 90% of the time. It's somewhat distance and character specific though.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM

btw if they roll the dive kick you lose a 50/50 but can still 50/50 with j2 (front) xx MB far Dive Kick (behind) or close Dive Kick (front).
Celerity Oh this is just good positive discussion on my end bro' lol. I agree though and I also use a little bit of everything. I'm not trying to start anything.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room

when youre playing in an important match you want what is easier even if you have to sacrifice a little damage, consistency above everything. its easier and more reliable to dial in a jump or slightly delayed jump to get your safe-depending-on-the-matchup mixup than risk fucking it up, thats my point.

plus, its unpunishable by a good amount of the cast, even if you guess wrong on whether theyll wakeup youll be completely safe

Celerity said:
F2, 1 1 xx Black Magic[MB],(T), JI2, B2 3, U1+3 - 34% 1 bar
I found better F2 punishes that cost no meter:

-F2, D2 xx T, B2, B23,u1+3 (31%)
-F2, D2 xx T, B2 xx Black Magic, dash, B23,u1+3 (32%)

Can be 36%+ if you meter burn Black Magic. But using a meter for 5% additional damage is a questionable use of meter imo.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Yeah. No point in arguing this, I just don't like when people say things are bad despite never having tried them or understanding the purpose behind them.

Walking forward before jumping after the dive kick ender should make J2 crossup 90% of the time. It's somewhat distance and character specific though.
i didnt say anything is bad, i said I prefer the 13 setup

Celerity

Lab Monster
I found better F2 punishes that cost no meter:

-F2, D2 xx T, B2, B23,u1+3 (31%)
-F2, D2 xx T, B2, 22b1 xx Black Magic, Lightning Strike (30%)

Can be 35%+ if you meter burn Black Magic. But using a meter for 5% additional damage is a questionable use of meter imo.
F2, 1 1 xx T, B2 3, U1+3 - 36% listed right above that one. Looks like I forgot to show the trait damage in the metered version though, which brings it up to 41%.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
6F punisher - D1 trait 11 lightning cage MB B3 J2 B23 U13 53%

Does this work on everyone? I could be just doing it wrong but i tried it for a min on KF and the first hit of the 11 whiffs from the the hit stun of the d1. I really want this to work since I tend to mash d1 more then i should.