What's new

Tech The NEW Black Adam Combo Thread

Can someone go to practice with me and help me with some of these combos, I can't get the timing of Black Magic down during the strings.

Celerity

Lab Monster
Can someone go to practice with me and help me with some of these combos, I can't get the timing of Black Magic down during the strings.
Black Magic itself, or the followup? You can cancel into special moves anytime during a string, you don't have to wait. Input the string like 2 2 DB1 with no delay, it will work.

If it's the followup you're having trouble with, you just need to practice and learn the recovery point. It's a little before he puts his hand down, IIRC.

Black Magic itself, or the followup? You can cancel into special moves anytime during a string, you don't have to wait. Input the string like 2 2 DB1 with no delay, it will work.

If it's the followup you're having trouble with, you just need to practice and learn the recovery point. It's a little before he puts his hand down, IIRC.
1 1 2 xx Black Magic, dash, B2 3, U1+3 - 27%

I can't get to the black magic from 1 1 2, I do XXY then Black Magic really fast but nothing happens. It's timing on my part and I don't know how I can correct it.

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
1 1 2 xx Black Magic, dash, B23, U1+3 - 27%

I can't get to the black magic from 1 1 2, I do XXY then Black Magic really fast but nothing happens. It's timing on my part and I don't know how I can correct it.
Hmm. When I input 112 DB1, sometimes the game inputs it as 11 xx DB2. Does that ever happen with you?

Anyhow, I know this seems stupid, but are you sure you're inputting Black Magic right? (DB1)

Hmm. When I input 112 DB1, sometimes the game inputs it as 11 xx DB2. Does that ever happen with you?

Anyhow, I know this seems stupid, but are you sure you're inputting Black Magic right? (DB1)
Yeah I can record it tomorrow and show you guys what I'm doing.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch

Turn off release check in your control setup. Basically this counts you releasing the button as an input as well, so thats why you are getting the problem.

Also Breezeways you have to time the special to cancel the 2 in the 112 string, so use the visual animation for the timing, not the button inputs. Theres a gap between 112 (pause) black magic, its not big but you cant dial it too fast!

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I didn't see this on the OP... braindead 46% no meter Trait combo:

J2~11~4, b23, 11~Black Magic, ff, b23~u, 1+3

And the braindead 55% one bar Trait combo:

J2~11~4, 22~MB Lightning Cage, b3, J3, b23~u, 1+3

EDIT: Also found crossup dive kick setups off of his hard knockdown 13 string... this character is broken.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?

EDIT: Also found crossup dive kick setups off of his hard knockdown 13 string... this character is broken.
Yea those combos have been known for a while idk why they arent in the OP cause i found and have been using them for weeks. What are the knockdown setups off 13? And how much damage do you drop to make is where you can end in 13?

Celerity

Lab Monster

It's true, those combos are easier than the ones listed, but they do 2-3% less damage. I know some people like to use "online combos", but I didn't feel it was worth doubling the size of the OP to include every single variation.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
It's true, those combos are easier than the ones listed, but they do 2-3% less damage. I know some people like to use "online combos", but I didn't feel it was worth doubling the size of the OP to include every single variation.
It's worth noting it for a combo that someone learning Black Adam can do easily 10/10 times once they get a handle on the character.
Yea those combos have been known for a while idk why they arent in the OP cause i found and have been using them for weeks. What are the knockdown setups off 13? And how much damage do you drop to make is where you can end in 13?
You drop 7-9% for a setup ;_; ... jumping straight up after 13 and timing a dive kick at different times to have it either crossup or not.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
It's worth noting it for a combo that someone learning Black Adam can do easily 10/10 times once they get a handle on the character.

You drop 7-9% for a setup ;_; ... jumping straight up after 13 and timing a dive kick at different times to have it either crossup or not.
Yea thats what i thought. It sucks cause he has INSANE oki potential but its really only worth it most of the time once you get close or in the corner. B23 1+3 does too much as an ender to ignore lol. Those are still something to mess around with since for a meter that divekick can turn into a 32% combo or 40% combo if you have trait.

Celerity

Lab Monster
Okay, you're probably right. I'll add a small "easy combo" section with some universal combos.

Boot Stomp ender should be better for oki, though. If they roll, you get the exact same options as 1 3 at most distances. If they don't roll (for whatever reason), you get a double crossup. Preventing the roll isn't really worth sacrificing damage since they can still use wakeup attacks, and against characters like Flash/Deathstroke you're just going to use the U1+3 ender anyway.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
If you use B2 instead of 11 you get 56% lol.

It's actually easier and better since 11 can whiff on crouchers.
But you can't hit confirm b2... I guess if you KNOW that the J2 is going to hit.

EDIT: I'm not trying to argue, you guys are the BA mains. I'm just trying to understand and help where I can.

Celerity

Lab Monster
Konqrr
Nah man, you didn't at all. I just want to level people up so they can understand what this character is capable of. Right now, every time I see him on a stream, they're not doing his best stuff.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Oh you know it's going to hit lol. :)

But you're right. If they block j2 they can interrupt b2 with d1 but no one ever dares to.
LOL! You know it's true...

Not many people know this, but if you link any string that starts with 1, it jails off of a jump-in. So even though your J2 might be -6 or whatever the frame data says, it is a non-factor because J2~11 jails 100%.

I'm not sure why but this combo doesn't seem to be listed in OP. I'm assuming you just forgot about it:

j2, 11 xx T, b23, 11 xx black magic, dash b23, u1+3 (46%)

You only listed 22b1s and 22 xx cage as BnBs.

Celerity said:
(J1/J2), (Starter xx T), 2 2 B1, JI2, Far Boot Stomp, B2 3,U1+3 - 34% [~45% w/Trait] optimal meterless punish combo, use U1 ender instead for spacing or when near the corner.
btw guys this is 47% if you use 11 for starter. And 48% if you use 22 or b2 which is what would be used in the case of a punish.

Very cool combo that's much easier to land than the tight link after b23. I'm definitely going to start using that and every Black Adam player should.

If anyone is having problem with it I suggest using 11 or b2 for starter. And the J2 has to hit early on the way up. It's super easy once you get the timing down.

Celerity

Lab Monster
I'm not sure why but this combo doesn't seem to be listed in OP. I'm assuming you just forgot about it:

j2, 11 xx T, b23, 11 xx black magic, dash b23, u1+3 (46%)

You only listed 22b1 and 22 xx cage as BnBs.
Because it does less damage than J2, B2 xx T, 2 2 B1, J2, Far Boot Stomp, B2 3, U1+3 which is what's listed instead. All of those BnBs can be started from a jump-in, which is why the (J1/J2) is in parenthesis.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM

You found cross up dive kick setups after combos too?! We will have to talk soon. :p I get the exact same stuff off of sweep.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room

you don't need to time a divekick, walking forward even a step after 13 will cause you to crossup while jumping immediately won't cross up