What's new

The Need Help Choosing Main/Secondary Character Discussion Thread

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
I wanted to learn liu for a long time. But I can't connect the jp fireball. I can do it , just not with liu. I don't know how to play his neutral, I don't know what footsies are, and I don't have any good bnbs for him. My only thoughts are to zone with him Sadly.
You gotta start learning the neutral somewhere. Same goes for footsies and this character has them. If you need to do simpler combos. Even if it's less dmg it's a start. By doing combos enough your execution will get better and you can optimize your bnbs .

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
To learn footsies and what not and not having much of an idea. Watch high level players play they're are some YouTube channels out their that supply you with a ton of footage. Compare how they open each other up, poking, what they do in every situation... Etc. Anyways I need to go to bed.

Sulfur

Winning feels better when you take a little damage
To learn footsies and what not and not having much of an idea. Watch high level players play they're are some YouTube channels out their that supply you with a ton of footage. Compare how they open each other up, poking, what they do in every situation... Etc. Anyways I need to go to bed.
You're not gonna see any high level players using Liu Kang :DOGE

I literally haven't seen anything special from liu, he feels like a slightly less shit version of johnny cage, but he's still really bad.
Um, dragons fire, strong projectile game, strong pressure output with fireball run cancels and mb flying kick and poking game, get in for free with mb flying kick and be at adv. even has oh low mixup with good range. Plus he can lower his hitbox into the ground with that d3

Dragons fire liu is extremely strong and outclasses flame fist and dualist. Flame fist is good for chucking stuff.

It's certainly a strong char.

What characters are considered viable at the moment?
Strong chars imo:

Marksman
Buzzsaw
Thunder god
Jax in general
Jaqcui full auto, and high tech
Summoner Quan
Bojutsu
Dragons fire
Sonya spec ops and covert
Cassie in general esp. Spec ops
Kano cybernetic
Grandmaster sub
Hellfire scorpion
Dvorah I'm not sure which variation it's called

All these chars have quite a load of dirt and solid enough tools imo. I also think reptile has potential

Not sure how much this relates, but I played Batman, Batgirl, and Deathstroke in injustice (casually), but I liked playing all of their styles...are there are characters that are similar in MKX?
Kung Jin should allow you to be an asshole and jump like dsand batman for free
Quan can let you vortex people abusively like batgirl
And jaqcui will let you shout guns and stuff.

Tbh though jaqcui us more of a pace controlling zoner where as ds was antizoner who slowed game down. Similar but diff.

it's funny seeing you use the word "spam" after you jumped on some other dude for saying that in another thread a couple days ago. you said:

"Spamming is not a thing other than an excuse bad players use to make themselves feel better because they are unable to escape a repetitive sequence.

I never expected to see the word "Spammer" on TYM. Oh well."

sorry, not trying to be a dick. i just had to blow you up for that, because that other dude was just looking for help and a bunch of people jumped all over him for using the word spam.
He's using it in a different context and using exaggeration. Your missing his point, all he's saying is he gets away with b2s all day because people block low all day vs liu because of his low starter. Your way off base here imo

Looking for a tertiary. Currently tinkering with Ermac and Reptile and I like them. Shinnok is also cool.
I am particularly vacillating between Sub-Zero, Takeda, and Kenshi. State the pros and cons of each character, especially how they play. I gave you my list of current characters because I want to present an idea of what kind of characters I like to play, with Reptile being a loyalist character so he's an exception.
Kenshi: pros: badass and blind, going to get buffed, some solid space control tools in balanced and not so bad offense in possessed, kind of a tweeter with actual mixup in kenj., his armor is very good
Cons: weak mixup game, zoning not really strong and fairly negative, ehhh on footsies, it appears his mk9 status made nrs wary when giving him tools, doesn't really have dirt

Sub-zero: pros:vs strong simple mixup game, grandmaster is dominant in neutral due to clone blocking projectiles and clone throw being stupidly safe and ability to trade, devastating /opcorner game in gm. Anti chip in unbreakable and parry. Very viable character.

Cons: going to get nerfed, maybe simple and not so fun, 1 var. outclasses others, could have better damage, b2 might be reactable, pretty strong char atm but boring and for lame-os

Takeda: exc. midrange game, wild factor with great tps, strong air presenxe with njp and air spear and tis, annoying mixup game, downplayed so buffs coming, stylish combos and good damage, unblock abeles, tappin jaqcui Briggs on the side

Cons: shit poke game, slow startup armor (these two make him pressurable), very negative on some moves esp. Lasher, interruptible strings, b2 needs a better anti aerial hitbox

kotal isn't

IMO he's almost entirely based around baiting and punishing. his pressure is pretty lacking and most of his block game will be around trying to open you up or Sun Choke you; it's really easy to notice how lacking he is in blood god, whereas War God is sort of the 'safe pick' variant

but a set-up Blood God who lands even 1 parry can convert to up to 80% damage, and a Sun God can usually go as high as 60%
Just play sun god, TiVo throw, and burn all meter on self healing and god rays. Make ur opponent do 20% instead of 100

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
Hey guys,

At the title states, looking for a character with similar play style to Injustice's Batman as he was my main.

Any suggestions?

Currently playing as Takeda (Shirai Ryu) but his mixup game is no where near what Batman's was...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**Feedback Update:** Seems these are the characters I should try:

Ermac (Master of Souls)
Sonya Blade (???)
Johnny Cage (Stunt Double)

Last edited:

Sea2xu

Noob
I also played mained Batman in Injustice. I don't know who is similar in a sense. But, I can tell you that I play Jax because I like the pressure I get off of a plus projectile similarly in the way that I got pressure of ex rang.
I also put time into Kung lao because I played him in MK9. And he similarly gets pressure off ex projectiles as well as mixups.