What's new

The Need Help Choosing Main/Secondary Character Discussion Thread

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
Feel my pain. I played zod. Zoning is thrown out the window and the closest I can get to a zod ball is my force ball which is the reason why I play reptile for the most part

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
no one, go back to injustice :)
I would gladly go back had Microsoft/Netherrealm ported over Injustice to Xbox One :).. But alas, it was never to be... Maybe when I get a PS4 I could pick up a copy in a bargain bin somewhere... :REO

Last edited:

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
I also played mained Batman in Injustice. I don't know who is similar in a sense. But, I can tell you that I play Jax because I like the pressure I get off of a plus projectile similarly in the way that I got pressure of ex rang.
I also put time into Kung lao because I played him in MK9. And he similarly gets pressure off ex projectiles as well as mixups.
I seen a bunch of HazeJupiter vids with Jax... Pressure is relentless ... Especially his corner game lol

iMileena

"I will cut a hole in you"
Imo noone plays like batman , but a good mix up character is sonya , & that damn summoner quan cheese like... :DOGE

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Batman was a character that played on his versatility and jack of all trades playstyle with a strong emphasis on whiff punishing imo. The closest I would put to his playstyle is Stunt Double Johnny Cage. Good tools for a lot of situations.

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
There were a lot of different ways to play batman. What do you want, zoning, pressure, having no mix ups, braindead jumping?
Batman was a character that played on his versatility and jack of all trades playstyle with a strong emphasis on whiff punishing imo. The closest I would put to his playstyle is Stunt Double Johnny Cage. Good tools for a lot of situations.
I think RM Truth hit my sentiment perfectly. Batman had a good zone/pressure/mix-up/cross-up game in general... The only character that seemed like an uphill battle (for me personally) was a very skilled Superman (as expected) lol....

Will test out SD Johnny Cage as well. Thanks!

Last edited:
Hey guys,

At the title states, looking for a character with similar play style to Injustice's Batman as he was my main.

Any suggestions?

Currently playing as Takeda (Shirai Ryu) but his mixup game is no where near what Batman's was...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**Feedback Update:** Seems these are the characters I should try:

Ermac (Master of Souls)
Sonya Blade (???)
Johnny Cage (Stunt Double)
If your looking for a jack of all trades with good pressure and gets in easily, I say dragons fire liu is your best bet. He can zone well and has a bit of mixup, but his pressure is better.

You might also like buzzsaw lao as he is similarly versatile. If you want to jump a lot like batman play kung Jin, he has great mixups.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Just play Bojutsu Kung Jin. Bruce Wayne was essentially heartless after his parents were killed in front of him and you have to have no feelings to play Bojutsu Kung Jin.

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
If your looking for a jack of all trades with good pressure and gets in easily, I say dragons fire liu is your best bet. He can zone well and has a bit of mixup, but his pressure is better.

You might also like buzzsaw lao as he is similarly versatile. If you want to jump a lot like batman play kung Jin, he has great mixups.
Thanks for your feedback! I did play mostly Lui Kang in MK9 as well.. :D.. although admittedly I did not play MK9 as much as Injustice...

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
Just play Bojutsu Kung Jin. Bruce Wayne was essentially heartless after his parents were killed in front of him and you have to have no feelings to play Bojutsu Kung Jin.
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

they way that you play batman, what do you view his strengths and weaknesses as?
There are many traits about Batman I enjoyed. His AA/Zoning game for the most part was great (except vs Superman) and his rushdown game was above average because of his mixup ability (overhead/low combos were tricky unless the opponent completely knew the matchup, at that point it was whoever can outsmart the other player)... Because of his strong mixups/rushdown, I was also able to cross up with little effort..

Regarding weaknesses, the only matchup where I found was an uphill battle was Superman because of his superior zoning skills especially at full screen distance. Very hard to rush down on him once he got you full screen distance with his laser cheese (standing laser/jump lazer/ rinse and repeat). Not saying it was impossible, but was very aggravating to say the least. lol

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
I'm surprised that nobody has suggested Special Forces Sonya yet. I would imagine that it's like Batman with a little less advantage on block and a lot more mix-ups :p

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
I'm surprised that nobody has suggested Special Forces Sonya yet. I would imagine that it's like Batman with a little less advantage on block and a lot more mix-ups :p
Actually a few people mentioned Sonya (but they did not specify a variation).. Thanks for the feedback!!! :cool:

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
I'm currently on the lookout for the character that best fits my playstyle. In most fighting games I gravitate to the characters that have a generally better poking range. For anyone familiar with Street Fighter, I enjoy the Gens, the Vegas, the Chun Lis. So who in MKX is most like Chun Li? When I say this, I mean quick long range pokes, that have the trade off of being punishable. Takeda feels too slow and clunky. Kung Jin... Id rather not touch him until we know if hes going to be intact after the inevitable nerfs. Using Kano atm, but curious if there is greener grass out there, so to speak. So any thoughts?