What's new

The Last Son of Krypton -- Superman General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
Superman is really working out well for me. He's quickly became on of my favorite characters in the game.

Omgzilla

Built Amazon tough
Hi there!

I tried to watch the video but when I clicked on the link, it didn't get me to the desired page. Can you confirm me the correct link?

I had the same problem, but you can find the tourny video pretty easily. Just go to their archive videos -> its called TTT - Injustice tournament #1, or something very similar. There will be two videos, watch the one with the 3 hour length. Raynex beats some serious ass in his fights, plus there are other pretty good matches in there as well.

Reactions: Dan

Raynex

Intelligence + Speed + Power
Hi there!

I tried to watch the video but when I clicked on the link, it didn't get me to the desired page. Can you confirm me the correct link?
Not sure what's going on but the video from the last event is down. There is an older one tourny on there still, but its day 1 stuff.

Glad to hear you're liking him AA25Mamba

Dan

KomboMaker
I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!! You picked Aquaderp?! LOL. Lamest character ever, almost tied with Derpstroke and Yoloslide Frost.

MashBot

You're over matched.
Check the all star superman guide I'm sure it's some stuff there. But the way to combo off IAGS is to cross them up or corner. But I been trying to find most damaging combo myself. ill post it here. But I been doing a few diff setup depen on who I'm fighting against.
I do IAGS,3, trait 3 MB breath, zap, low scoop,3 breath(or a flying punch reset)

Raynex

All videos get transferred to youtube so they'll be up in a few days, no worries!

3~trait frametraps are actually so goooood.

Dan

KomboMaker
Can't wait to watch more Superman shenanigans. I just saw KDZ winning GUTS with him. He had a very solid execution by the way.

What is the best way to punish this?

At the min im jumping him as he charges, air dash backwards and then land a OH on way down from air dash into combo

Is this the best way or can I punish after I block the charge?

MashBot

You're over matched.
Really f23 works? I neutral jump back dash j2 f23 full combo. And you avoid the chip. If you read the charge and he has venom pumped. zap the armor nj back dash j2 f23. Or whatever you want no way he should be hitting you with charges.
Plus this question belongs in the MU thread.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
What is the best way to punish this?

At the min im jumping him as he charges, air dash backwards and then land a OH on way down from air dash into combo

Is this the best way or can I punish after I block the charge?
F23 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

i got a pretty stupid problem with yet another corner combo. 223, 3~trait, 3~mb breath, heat zap, 11, 111~scoop, 3~breath. can't consistently hit 111 after 11. is there any visual or timing clue?

update: nvm, i think now i understand what the problem is. you have to hit first 11 as high as possible after heat zap, and after that make a slight pause, then input 111~scoop. if anyone has the same problem hope it helps :b

Raynex

i got a pretty stupid problem with yet another corner combo. 223, 3~trait, 3~mb breath, heat zap, 11, 111~scoop, 3~breath. can't consistently hit 111 after 11. is there any visual or timing clue?

update: nvm, i think now i understand what the problem is. you have to hit first 11 as high as possible after heat zap, and after that make a slight pause, then input 111~scoop. if anyone has the same problem hope it helps :b
In situations where I really need it to hit, I omit the first 11, pause a bit after the heat zap, and perform the 111 only. The damage sacrifice is 1 or 2% at most. It's much more consistent. 11 isn't exactly giving you like 10+ more percent, so no big deal if you leave it out sometimes. If you're an optimal damage junkie ignore this post completely :D

well, i try to go for optimal most of the time, but in tournaments, when i feel pressure, i will go for the easier combos of course. don't want to drop everything and lose because of 1-2% :b

chronos411

Last Kyptonian of VA
I dont think it really matters. It gives chars another frame to try and stuff the next f2 if i decide to do it but the f23xxbreath then wait and see what your opponent does will still be amazing imo. We will see though if its a bigger deal than I think it will be

Raynex

Just like when Breath was +1, the "attack or not attack" scenario is tilted in our favour because we get huge payoff if we make a read and experience no real setbacks if we flop a read. The only true difference is that with breath being 0 on block, more players will be inclined to try to interrupt which means we have more opportunities to punish button pressers / D1s and open them up for a combo. Previously, they would choose a defensive option and just clam up knowing they wouldn't beat the frame trap. Now we can actually use F23~breath strings and get openings more consistently. So this "nerf" gives a character with very unsafe 50/50s a more dangerous game to play around with:

- If they try to stop your pressure, you whiff punish w/ F23 or MB B3 and they get blown up
- If they don't do anything you resume pressure and push them to the corner, or you grab, B3 for + frames, whatever!

Also Superman will still be top tier. It's a negligible nerf. F2 is still an 8f, safe, mid-hitting, combo starter and that hasn't been touched at all; 8 frames is more than fast enough to do shit after inducing 0 on block scenarios with F23~breath.

If all else fails we still have a 6f D1 of our own which will trade with other D1s and beat out anything slower. I don't see any downsides to this change at all really. Everyone kept blocking my +1 nonsense but now they'll block less? Hell yeah SIGN ME UP

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
Pffft 0 on block means diddly, I've been playing as though it were 0 or neg anyway bc I had a feeling they would nerfz dat shitz. And his super being less dmg is wtv. Raynex is absolutely right. This actually makes superman more dangerous in the neutral game and if ignorant people wanna play as though he were still +1, works for me. Win-win

Sent from my iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.