What's new

The Last Son of Krypton -- Superman General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Obviously he's not going to shoot anybody, but for sure that comment is way out of line. They were taking pictures and shaking hands w/everybody and being model citizens, maybe they got chewed out

Is there a notation shortcut for IAD? I just do up, forward, forward. but usually there's a short cut. I just started using him and so I'm not sure what it'd be.

KDZ

It's amore, BABY.
I never, ever, ever use 22 anything. The character just doesn't need to use it.

Raynex

Intelligence + Speed + Power
Some people actually can't block it. You should use it based on the skill level of your opponent. It's free combos all over the place if you have them scared. Better yet, you can can 22 pause grab once they get used to expecting a 3rd hit. Gotta use all his tools man!

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
Some people actually can't block it. You should use it based on the skill level of your opponent. It's free combos all over the place if you have them scared. Better yet, you can can 22 pause grab once they get used to expecting a 3rd hit. Gotta use all his tools man!
I like to do 2,2 Low Scoop on my friends sometime too

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
Starting to pick up Superman as I'm getting real excited for Man of Steel. I've read through the entire Superman guides. Those are some awesome reference tools. I've got his combos down and I'm going through strategies to use Clark. However, I'm used to playing characters like Bane that have to really work to get in on opponents.

My question regarding Superman, how do you guys close distance on opponents? Is it as simple as using his air dash? And how do you use the J2 from the air dash as a crossup? I can only seem to get it to come out if I hold down as Superman drops from the air.

Raynex

Walking is best to close the distance. Jumping for no reason gets you anti-aired and generally doesn't do you much good. There's no rush, just float into F23 range (or airdash cross-up j.2 -> string if you really want to) and apply pressure. To get a turnaround j.2 consistently simply wait for Supes to begin falling after the airdash, then hit 2. If you do it too early he'll j.2 in the other direction as I'm sure you've experienced. DF+3 is also pretty good. You can also Heat zap and dash in after it, especially if they stand block it (it's +19).

Also, I just came back from winning a Toronto Injustice event, vids to come soon! All the stuff we talked about / the things I learned here are helping immensely. Ahh so hype

Reptile Orion

A Fire Will Rise.
Also, I just came back from winning a Toronto Injustice event, vids to come soon! All the stuff we talked about / the things I learned here are helping immensely. Ahh so hype
Congrats on the win. Was Supes your main for the majority of the tournament? Did you use any other characters?

Reptile Orion

A Fire Will Rise.
Thanks, and nope no other characters. Been playing him since Day 1 and I won't stop even if they make his Breath -200000 on block.
Cool. I've been putting in some serious practice time in with Supes lately and finally used the character online with some success. The wealth of knowledge from the forum definitely helped to speed up my learning curve. How do you approach a matchup?

Gurimmjaw

Earthrealm
Thanks, and nope no other characters. Been playing him since Day 1 and I won't stop even if they make his Breath -200000 on block.

Congrats!! And good to know you showing off that Superman stuff. Good thing you don't abandon Superman like some people. Some I know did for Scorpion :(

very impressive superman, i like how you use every tool of him, like throw after f2 on nightwing, f2d13 combo enders for oki and combos with interactibles. that motivates me to prepare for a coming major in my country even more. are you going to evo? would like to see you against the top players

Reptile Orion

A Fire Will Rise.
From my city's most recent Injustice event, which I took for the Supes army. :)

http://www.twitch.tv/torontotoptiers/b/414780640

Winner's Semis (vs. Deathstroke / Aquaman) - 3:50:00
Winner's Finals (vs. Nightwing) - 4:09:00
Grand Finals (vs. Deathstroke / Aquaman) - 4:55:00
Great play Raynex! I just starting working seriously with Supes a few weeks ago and will definitely be breaking down the footage. Thanks for sharing.

Raynex

I appreciate all the respect guys. Would have been a scrubby mcscrub if I didn't post on here and talk things through with everyone. Any win I experience is courtesy of the TYM Supes forum, as we've all been putting in work to innovate the character together. Lets keep showing people there's more to this character than F23~breath!

Hey guys just wanted to throw a little knowledge out there.

I figured out standing 3~trait has awesome block advantage. Enough for a Ground Smash to beat out Lex's 6 frame reversal Corp Charge.

So F2 is an absolutely guaranteed follow up, along with anything around 15ish frames.

TH3DISTURBED1

"Never say 'never'
From my city's most recent Injustice event, which I took for the Supes army. :)

http://www.twitch.tv/torontotoptiers/b/414780640

Winner's Semis (vs. Deathstroke / Aquaman) - 3:50:00
Winner's Finals (vs. Nightwing) - 4:09:00
Grand Finals (vs. Deathstroke / Aquaman) - 4:55:00
My favorite part is at 5:07:50 when you do the b1 MBbreath into j2,11 interactable. I can't believe you pulled that off in GRAND FINALS!

Status
Not open for further replies.