What's new

The Last Son of Krypton -- Superman General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Character Biography -- Rocketed to Earth from dying planet Krypton, baby Kal-El was found by a farming couple who named the boy Clark Kent and raised him as their own. Discovering his enormous powers, they instilled in him strong moral values--and inspired him to become a hero. Read More >

This is a general discussion thread -- So please, discuss, theorize, hypothesize here!

Invincibeast

Stay Free
Top 5 beginning of game, drop to probably around 11 at 6 months in, then back up to around 8 for the final Tier List. My guess (not based on anything at all lol)
Even though Supes is the "classic" hero type and a lot of people find him boring, I feel like he'll be pretty fun to play as

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
I'm gonna exclusively use the Red Son skin unless he gets a classic look. Gonna use him for MKDC feels. Dat Rage. Lulz.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Anyone else get the feeling that Superman works better as a zoner than a rushdown/footsie character?

Invincibeast

Stay Free
Anyone else get the feeling that Superman works better as a zoner than a rushdown/footsie character?
The only really range we've seen from him though is his lasers. I think he may be more of a counter/whiff punish character since his normals don't look fast enough to start offense right away

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
The only really range we've seen from him though is his lasers. I think he may be more of a counter/whiff punish character since his normals don't look fast enough to start offense right away

His normals don't seem to have the range for that but we'll see later today.

First post ever. Been lurking here since I found about about this game. As far as Superman goes, I think he'll be a high damage character with slower moves but easy combos, a beginner character maybe. I can see him as someone that may or may not be tournament viable, but good if you want to pick up a character day 1. Makes sense considering he's the standard image of a superhero and probably the first character most people will play anyway. I will say though, his super is devastating. It hit 53% against Flash, where others only hit 25 to 30% that I've seen. Either his super is ridiculously powerful, or Flash is a glass cannon.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
I'm concerned about Superman in this game. He looks slow and has a huge hitbox :/
Yeah I like Supes, but I dunno... he looks kinda boring. His punches look really weird and sluggish, and I'm not sure if I've even seen him throw out one kick so far.

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
I really like Superman.He's just so...classic.Another of my subs unless I find him boring.
True story:I told Alex Valle to pick Superman under the assumption he is the game's Ryu lol.

Death

Noob
Not sure if anyone realized this but it looks like Superman has a low and an overhead in the middle of his strings?

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
Not sure if anyone realized this but it looks like Superman has a low and an overhead in the middle of his strings?
Huh?That sounds interesting.Will blockstun even allow you to block something like that on reaction?

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
From the video it didnt look like combo starters. more like in the middle of strings. it will probably be fuzzy guard able.

Quan level confirmed.

Seriously though there's potential for mind games if his low laser is a low, you can go use his overhead string and cancel into laser.

Death

Noob
What footage?

The overhead is at 1:24 (has pretty good speed to it too)

The low is at 2:22

The super is at 1:40 (his super looks ridiculous though, does over 50% and has armor that absorbed the projectile and looks fast too. Probably mid hitting as well. Similar to Raidens ex superman)

The overhead and low dont look like combo starters. They look like their in the middle of the strings which looks like it can be fuzzied. I also noticed after his air throw he can do the ground laser. Possibly an OTG

Status
Not open for further replies.