What's new

The Ed Boon Twitter Watch Thread

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
I don't want any more DLC in this game. A balance patch is enough, let it die and never be revived after this patch. Such an unbalanced game. They already put us through hell with two broken ass Kombat Packs, we don't need a third. Lets just make sure Injustice 2 and MK11 is not as broken by design and if it turns out to be an amazing competitive game, then ask for your precious KP3. I don't understand why people want more DLC for this Guess simulator X

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
I don't want any more DLC in this game. A balance patch is enough, let it die and never be revived after this patch. Such an unbalanced game. They already put us through hell with two broken ass Kombat Packs, we don't need a third. Lets just make sure Injustice 2 and MK11 is not as broken by design and if it turns out to be an amazing competitive game, then ask for your precious KP3. I don't understand why people want more DLC for this Guess simulator X
I'm pretty sure they said they are set to break roster size records with IGAU2, so I wouldn't keep my hopes high if I were of such opinion :p

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
The guys who decide when and what is officially revealed are not the people that tweet and troll our forums. Why you guys think Ed Boon is just the unquestioned lord and master of the mortal kombat franchise is beyond me.
probably because if not for him and the other 5 founders, MK1 wouldn't even exist, he and the other 5 made the game from the ground up. and He has a huge say in what happends with the game he created. thats probably why everyone expects his word to be final (with obvious knowledge that he trolls) but us who have been here since day one, knows its his funny and unique way he keeps in touch with his fan base. Instead of pure silence he makes it interesting and turns a normal boring thing into a fun and tricky way to decipher whats to come. All though there is a point where certain things do need to be made clear and Patch Notes is one of them.

What i find even more funny is that plain fact you make this statement on the "Ed Boon Twitter Watch Thread" It's almost as if you did not realize Ed boon is an original founder of the game with your comment.

trufenix

bye felicia
I'd be real surprised if there weren't some very well paid people who's jobs are to decide what information goes public, and when, and how. I'd imagine there is someone that could answer all of the "why couldn't you" questions but decided that answering them is a bad idea even if the internet thinks it's a great one.

Ed probably gets to say whatever he wants, but he probably has someone tell him what is OK to be teasing.
well, ed's twitter (however much we treat it that way) does not belong to WB or even him, so they can't actually police what he says nor can they claim it to be an "official" news source. I'm not saying there aren't people out there who don't shop or ghost write their twitters but there is just not enough value in twitter for a triple a publishing company to lay any eggs on bad puns and song lyrics. All they do is hold him to the many many many NDAs he's signed because someone else has already paid them a lot of money for the right to reveal the next big whatever they're releasing.

IMO they should release Fujin as single, last DLC char and one balance patch after him as official end of development cycle.

Seriously, Fujin was requested since release, game feel incomplete without him. Factions are big theme of this game, everyone got a buddy but not Raiden.

trufenix

bye felicia
probably because if not for him and the other 5 founders, MK1 wouldn't even exist, he and the other 5 made the game from the ground up. and He has a huge say in what happends with the game he created. thats probably why everyone expects his word to be final (with obvious knowledge that he trolls) but us who have been here since day one, knows its his funny and unique way he keeps in touch with his fan base. Instead of pure silence he makes it interesting and turns a normal boring thing into a fun and tricky way to decipher whats to come. All though there is a point where certain things do need to be made clear and Patch Notes is one of them.

What i find even more funny is that plain fact you make this statement on the "Ed Boon Twitter Watch Thread" It's almost as if you did not realize Ed boon is an original founder of the game with your comment.
I know full well what ed boon's job is. But just having creative control over a product (which he does not have 100% of either) does not give you control over distribution, marketing, licensing, and a whole host of other things between them writing code and you putting the disc in your system.

Remember when he said the PC port would be good? Do you think that's because he spent half his day at HVS studio double checking their work, or because someone at WB sent him a memo saying don't worry, it's going to be awesome?

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
I know full well what ed boon's job is. But just having creative control over a product (which he does not have 100% of either) does not give you control over distribution, marketing, licensing, and a whole host of other things between them writing code and you putting the disc in your system.

Remember when he said the PC port would be good? Do you think that's because he spent half his day at HVS studio double checking their work, or because someone at WB sent him a memo saying don't worry, it's going to be awesome?
probably the latter, but im sure he oversees some things he is the boss.

Do you think that's because he spent half his day at HVS studio double checking their work, or because someone at WB sent him a memo saying don't worry, it's going to be awesome?

Well, if he back then said "WB gave me memo that port will be awesome", everything would be different.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Seriously, Fujin was requested since release, game feel incomplete without him. Factions are big theme of this game, everyone got a buddy but not Raiden.
Well, Light!Liu and other Shaolin buds kind of count. Not canon in terms of story mode, but neither faction war is.

Boon told you the PC version was gonna be just as good as the console versions, he just didn't say when
Touché.

Blonde_Huntress

Edenian Witch <3
I imagine Ed has quite a bit of pull on the content aspect, just maybe not so much in development necessarily.

It makes me think of work flow. You have the top executive(WB) and a vendor(NRS). The vendor lends their product for finance, which in this case is WB. WB foots most of the finance aspect.

This means that the "front line" and supervisors are typically the people doing the hands on work (character creation, story mode flow, working with VAs, testing play, etc). I imagine it's a mixture of WB and NRS staff.

Ultimately, I think Ed is the face for MK, but he's probably not that involved in the nitty gritty so to speak. He probably just goes by what he's told by his people.

trufenix

bye felicia
probably the latter, but im sure he oversees some things he is the boss.
Don't get me wrong. There's tons of stuff ed boon is in charge of and directly responsible for. Every cast decision meeting. Every fatality and move design meeting. Every cut of a new trailer about to drop. Every time somebody wants to buy into their DLC plans. There's stuff he goes on the rack for that we never even hear about because nobody on this side of the controller gives a shit. But he's not the end of everything MK. If he had to personally proof every single element of the game he'd go mad. Remember when Ono almost dropped dead cause Capcom said if SF4:AE flops you're fired? Thankfully not a lot of (western) dev houses treat their leads like that.

trufenix

bye felicia
Well, if he back then said "WB gave me memo that port will be awesome", everything would be different.
I really don't know how you think he (or anyone other than the engineers at HVS) knew PC was going to miss the mark that far in advance. Shitty online aside, MKX on PC did work just fine for a lot of people at launch. How was Ed supposed to know they only optimized the shit to run on like 15% of consumer pcs? Was he really supposed to tell Joe, hey man I just don't know, good luck. Next question?

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I'm seriously hoping that he'll follow through and this game will have an extraordinarily long lifespan for its genre but the track record of nrs keeps me cautious.