What's new

General/Other The Deathstroke Anti-Nerf Coalition

jaym7018

Noob
Last night didnt bode well for this coalition. Aris made this game look like a joke using Deathstroke against top players, lol a random tekken player winning with cheese.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Last night didnt bode well for this coalition. Aris made this game look like a joke using Deathstroke against top players, lol a random tekken player winning with cheese.
To be honest Aris is not an average player, he is actually a very good player in every game he has played, but the fact remains, you could see all the salt in the faces of these poor guys. Nonetheless, for me, an important issue that nobody want to talk is why casual deathstroke players need almost no effort to be rewarded while non deathstroke players have to do all the learning and practice just to get close, I call that pure imbalance.
EDIT: For people that dont know: Aris won the WNF tournament, check levelup series on twitch for the archives.

Jy0

Destroyer of Lazy
:coffee: a good player won with a good character. stop the presses. and you want balance why isn't it good that some casuals can learn some basics and compete? seems like it's more of a reason not to nerf. Tyrant dropped some stuff and the others missed some opportunites. and they got greedy and after block dash they tried to do another action... not the way to do it against a competent DS. (sigh) I can't believe this is still going on... if anything it should show the need to use the default random stage first... Aris won more on stage select than character select

Hate to say it but the way things are now, a high chance deathstroke will get nerfed...but nerfing him isn't going to solve anything. People will spam with another character and there are worst characters to face than deathstroke I bet.

Jy0

Destroyer of Lazy
Hate to say it but the way things are now, a high chance deathstroke will get nerfed...but nerfing him isn't going to solve anything. People will spam with another character and there are worst characters to face than deathstroke I bet.
I think NRS know that there is ( cuz there is) so I don't see him getting nerfed. who knows though too early to tell

Cosmic_Castaway

Flying Grayson
-Soul Calibur II World Champion
-consistent top 16s and top 8s in Tekken and MK9 tournaments

And didn't he take Tom out at EVO 2k11 with his Smoke? Aris is really damn good at whatever game he puts a real investment into. A far cry from "random Tekken player."

Sent from the Batcave

Jy0

Destroyer of Lazy
-Soul Calibur II World Champion
-consistent top 16s and top 8s in Tekken and MK9 tournaments

And didn't he take Tom out at EVO 2k11 with his Smoke? Aris is really damn good at whatever game he puts a real investment into. A far cry from "random Tekken player."

Sent from the Batcave
I never followed mk or the other games and even I knew who Aris was... lawlz at 'some random dood"

M2Dave

Zoning Master
They better not touch Ares or i will seriously be pissed. I can see the threads already...nerf resets nerf dmg etc... Deathstroke? Wait till they play ares the allmighty god of war! They wish they didnt have deathstroke nerfed...
The community is too busy whining about Deathstroke at the moment. But once the word spreads about Ares's resets, the community will throw the biggest tantrum in years. It is just a matter of time.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
m2dave How do you feel about Slade's up close/footsies game? It seems he can do a lot when he scores a knockdown(50/50s) and being +9 after f23 is nice.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
It complements his zoning game very well.
Do you think it will become a necessary part of his character very soon or later down the line, depending how fast people level up?

I think he's really good in the corner, but most of the cast seems to be as well.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Do you think it will become a necessary part of his character very soon or later down the line, depending how fast people level up?

I think he's really good in the corner, but most of the cast seems to be as well.
The 50/50 mix ups and f+2,3 will be the core of his game because he cannot keep anyone out for too long. You can block any of his projectiles and do a full forward dash without any consequences. The only full screen mix up is between the regular and the EX low gun fire.

Reactions: RYX

Amadeous

Noob
I had a fighting game player I really respected (my chemistry teacher and gaming club sponsor who said my Deathstroke was "Cheap."

He won a Street Fighter Tournament with M. Bison (Not sure which Street Fighter) , it made me really sad hearing him side with the scrub crowd. He also made a remark about me having a sub saying "Paying another character would take skill."

I know he's wrong but it still stings hearing it from him. Seems like he should know better of all people.

I think they won't let me play with them anymore, he asked me what will you do when that gets patched and I tried explaining why it was fair. Couldn't get it through.

His argument was "There is no way the developers wanted him played that way." Is there any way I could prove that he was created for the purpose of as he put it "Using the same 2 moves in the corner" (he counted air, low, and standing handguns as 1 move.)