What's new

General/Other The Deathstroke Anti-Nerf Coalition

M2Dave

Zoning Master
My fellow Deathstroke players,

ever since the game came out last week on Tuesday, Deathstroke and the players who use the character have been under constant attack. TestYourMight, Twitter, and Facebook have been submerged into an ocean full of tears and salt. Online scrubs and some tournament players alike are demanding that Deathstroke's zoning be toned down immediately. We cannot control what NRS decides to do, but what we can do is correct factually incorrect and/or misleading information. So if another deluded fool makes another "Deathstroke is superior to Kabal" or "Deathstroke rules all" thread on this website, do your best to counter and rectify the topic creator's arguments.

Learning a character is always difficult in a new fighting game. You have to learn new normal attacks, strings, combos, set ups, frame data, match ups, etc. A mere hotfix and/or patch can destroy months of practicing, testing, and fighting in a heartbeat. A vocal but misinformed minority can destroy all of your hard work, especially if you are tournament player.

I want all Deathstroke players' reflexes heighten. I want all of you armed and dangerous and ready to protect our favorite Injustice character. Post in this thread to confirm your participation as part of the Deathstroke Anti-Nerf Coalition. We shall not allow that which happened to Kano happen to Deathstroke.

- m2dave, Zoning Master and Protector of Zoning

Also, special thanks to REO and Tom Brady, true knowledgeable and unbiased testers.

Participants of the Deathstroke Anti-Nerf Coalition.

ABACABB
Amadeous
Breaker
CCVengeance
Coddfish
Crathen
DaiHuu
Dislexsik
DreadzTsung
EMP Villain
Ermaculate_Slim
fluxxshredder
FrothyOmen
I$AAC
KidGrave
Khaoz77
karaokelove
Gixxerkid66
Hitoshura
HGTV Ermacio
Killin Natzees
Lt. Box
Limelights
Milkman360
OriginalRazer
PLAYING TO W1N
RYX
Pig Of The Hut
ProudDisciple
Rampage254
RiBBz22
RoGE
Smarrgasm
Srryimwhte
SquirtMcGirt
TotteryManx
Trini_Bwoi
Vagrant
@Zer0 Hundr3d

Stuck

Mid Tier Whore. 1 combo and a dream.
A bad Deathstroke destroys bad "insert character." A bad Deathstroke gets destroyed by a good "insert character." Why would he need to be nerfed. That being said, I am getting my blood pressure checked prior to all the salt of seeing m2dave 's Deathstroke.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
The only problem I see with deathstroke (imo) is that he is boring to play with. They really should patch him to make his zoning more entertaining to play without making him worse or better (adding fast cancel gun moves, or whatever).

If they just nerfs deathstroke, the next on the list will be Cyborg :/

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I am selling my game if that happens.

I am not going to waste my time playing a character for months only for my work to go down the toilet because some ignorant fools refuse to learn how to play the game.
Well, Dave, that's the MK community. Let's face facts here. A character like Smoke, which requires no basis of fundamentals, or any common knowledge of the game winning tournaments while fishing for resets is A-okay. But a character that can actually zone? Nope, he's too OP, and destroys the game. Kenshi was okay though! The telekinetic brick wall was no problem!

This community is ass.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
m2dave Can I embrace you in a non-homosexual manner?

#nohomo

This community though. :v We stuck it to Capcom players but we can't get past an overrated character in the first week, demand nerfs. Good games community.

Ratchet-Fabulous

#TeamTwirl
I feel as if people get so angry because they don't know how to block these attacks correctly. Many characters have specials that will deflect the bullets, but they haven't practiced enough. Because of this, people like to complain, a lot.

I do feel bad for the good Deathstroke players, because their reputation is ruined by the small few who like to use one gun the whole entire match, in the corner of the screen. People need to come and realize that not all Deathstroke players are like that, a lot of the Deathstroke players are as skilled as people who play other characters. I hope he doesn't get nerfed, so that way people will actually learn how to deal with zoners.

This is all coming from someone who doesn't play Deathstroke, because I personally would rather play as Harley Quinn for zoning.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Problem with the character is a majority of its players who will just get into a corner and shoot. Guns, guns, guns all day loooong...

Do not blame others for the fate of DS, blame the kids who just spam gunfire all day long, forsaking all other moves. Sounds to me instead of stretching out the coalition of DS, you need to police up your own scrub players.

TH3DISTURBED1

"Never say 'never'
I don't even consider myself a good player, and I have yet to meet a good DS player. Most people just sit there and spam. After his gun shots, there's time enough for a full dash even online. I don't see why he needs a nerf. I just have to figure out what to do against him when his trait is active and I'll be set. The key is patience.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Problem with the character is a majority of its players who will just get into a corner and shoot. Guns, guns, guns all day loooong...

Do not blame others for the fate of DS, blame the kids who just spam gunfire all day long, forsaking all other moves. Sounds to me instead of stretching out the coalition of DS, you need to police up your own scrub players.
Fighting games 101. If it works, why do they need to change their tactics? A free win is a free win.

I now understand why people despise 09'ers. 2013'ers are even worse. Fucking cry babies. Life isn't fair; nor are FGs.

BTW, the definition of a scrub is someone who loses, and goes on to be a salty little cry baby.

RYX

BIG PUSHER

Maybe they do that because there's no way for them to level up when you aren't willing to. Why should I give you a chance if instead of doing something as simple as walking forward and blocking, or even using the mobility a lot of the cast has, you'd rather complain.

I spam guns, because you can't get past it. Your problem, not mine.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Fighting games 101. If it works, why do they need to change their tactics? A free win is a free win.
Modern games 101: when enough people cry- it gets changed.
I don't have a problem with DS. Hate to see stuff changed 2 weeks in a games life.

RYX

BIG PUSHER

I now understand why people despise 09'ers. 2013'ers are even worse. Fucking cry babies. Life isn't fair; nor are FGs.
I don't understand this but I started with MK9 so am I like in between those levels of despicable? :)

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
DS players: pick up a pocket Sinestro now. That way when DS gets smacked with the NERF bat- you can still play the same game.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
If my character was getting blown up and I feared nerfs I'd start exploring the MU myself and make the case for why it's fine. You could argue you shouldn't have to do that but if you truly fear nerfs that's the path I take.

So far everyone is just screaming to level up and giving vague advice or saying stuff like "just walk forward and block".