What's new

The Beef Thread

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
What is this pacifist BS? As others have said, too much shit was thrown around by all parties.

Besides, beef without some high stakes has no flavour. My two cents.
The main thing I feel like this thread and the callouts are supposed to accomplish is ultimately to get people playing the game. But also to settle a beef. And people think that means whoever wins the set wins the beef or argument. If you fight someone IRL to squash a beef, it doesn’t matter who “wins”, it’s the fact that you’re fighting in the first place to get it all out of your system. I see these beef sets the same way, when they are legitimate beefs anyway. Some of the beef sets are just silly just to get some fun matches going.

Anyway, personally I find it to be odd stakes. But I’m not the one involved so I guess it doesn’t matter what I think. If y’all want to record, it’d be nice having more match videos of these beef sets. Not to clown on anyone or anything like that, mainly for entertainment but also for educational purposes.

rifraf

Dojo Trainee
personally I find it to be odd stakes
You forgot the part where too much shit was thrown. Not only by me. But judging from your stance, you felt it was justified. The part that was thrown at me that is.

I feel this is too 1 sided. So it’s ok to clown someone, but then all of a sudden hold the moral high ground in the stakes of a beef set?

That’s hypocritical.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
You forgot the part where too much shit was thrown. Not only by me. But judging from your stance, you felt it was justified. The part that was thrown at me that is.

I feel this is too 1 sided. So it’s ok to clown someone, but then all of a sudden hold the moral high ground in the stakes of a beef set?

That’s hypocritical.
When everyone around you thinks you're the one at fault, without exception, it might be time to look in the mirror.

Last edited:

rifraf

Dojo Trainee
When everyone around you thinks you're the one at fault
Even if I’m at fault. Does that give you right to bully and harass me?

No, it doesn’t.

And, another thing. You think by bullying and harassing someone you think is at fault is a good and effective way for them to see they’re at the wrong?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust

No, it doesn’t.

And, another thing. You think by bullying and harassing someone you think is at fault is a good and effective way for them to see they’re at the wrong?
I didn't Bully you. No one did. I even, quite literally, quoted the history of your own conversation, and even underlined exactly where you made it more than "heated debate" and turned it into "I'm calling your inferior skills into question". Instead of "seeing that you were wrong" as you just mentioned, you continued to argue that you were actually the one right. You have shown zero self awareness or abilities to reflect. "Bullying" is not continuing to point out what you yourself said and did by referring to it and quoting your own posts when you are replying to the same conversation about it.

At the most basic, simplistic understanding, I, you, anyone can call anyone an uneducated buffoon who has 2 brain cells and has no clue what they're talking about, and the other person would argue back, but the INSTANT that turns to "you're an idiot in what you're saying because you're terrible at the game", guess what happens? That person if they have any semblance of skill or pride will respond with "oh am I? Well hop online and prove it". If you make that type of statement and don't, no one will look at that exchange and say "oh yes the guy who called him an uninformed scrub only making statements because he's so bad at the game, but also refuses to play him, is actually the correct person here". None of that is bullying, it's pointing out the obvious.

wsj515

No, it doesn’t.

"Bullying and harassing" - so melodramatic. Clearly people tried to discuss things properly with you, and that didn't work (you just called them bad lol). Then they tried to challenge you to a set as a way set things straight, and you ducked. You are now being held accountable.

You've clearly dug in your heels and have resorted to a victim complex in order avoid self reflection and to protect your ego.

rifraf

Dojo Trainee
Bullying" is not continuing to point out what you yourself said and did by referring to it and quoting your own posts when you are replying to the same conversation about it.
By posting my quotes alone obviously is not bullying. It’s the way you go about it, added by the fact you’re not the only person doing it.

You are now being held accountable.
Thats the part where you feel entitled to bully and harass someone in your view I suppose. Because I guess in your mind you hold the moral high ground or whatever.

At the very least @ImpostorOak is consistent. He actually agreed that he wanted to shame me. Which is a form of harassment.

rifraf

Dojo Trainee
Something important you guys need to learn is by doing what you did and keep doing, does not create what you have in mind as good sportsmanship or whatever.

When you go overboard, like you did, you just create a hostile situation. Which, fair enough when you don’t like someone I guess.

Vulgar

Dojo Trainee
Something important you guys need to learn is by doing what you did and keep doing, does not create what you have in mind as good sportsmanship or whatever.

When you go overboard, like you did, you just create a hostile situation. Which, fair enough when you don’t like someone I guess.
No one harassed or bullied you. Grow thicker skin.

wsj515

By posting my quotes alone obviously is not bullying. It’s the way you go about it, added by the fact you’re not the only person doing it.

Thats the part where you feel entitled to bully and harass someone in your view I suppose. Because I guess in your mind you hold the moral high ground or whatever.

At the very least @ImpostorOak is consistent. He actually agreed that he wanted to shame me. Which is a form of harassment.
Its fun how you selectively answer both people and things within messages themselves in order to help curate your version of reality.

rifraf

Dojo Trainee
No one harassed or bullied you. Grow thicker skin
I’m not a snowflake. I’m just saying it how it is.

Its fun how you selectively answer both people and things within messages themselves in order to help curate your version of reality.
Look, I quoted the entire thing now. What I said wasn’t limited specifically to the quoted lines, I took the entire thing into consideration.

But whatever, you have your opinion and you have the need to be correct and righteous. The rights justify means kind of way.

ImpostorOak

Kombatant
I’m not a snowflake. I’m just saying it how it is.

Look, I quoted the entire thing now. What I said wasn’t limited specifically to the quoted lines, I took the entire thing into consideration.

But whatever, you have your opinion and you have the need to be correct and righteous. The rights justify means kind of way.

ImpostorOak

Kombatant
I told him I was free last night, I'm free tonight, he said maybe this weekend or next.

@SaltShaker and I are gonna run back our 5 year old tournament final match tn, I think. I'll record and post that later.

ImpostorOak

Kombatant
My only dream is to fight @Tom Brady .
Always has been, always will be.
It's the only thing I want to do.

My first major ever was NEC 12 in 2011, and he came out of the crowd like Shane Douglas in ECW and challenged @Noobe to a First To Five in MK9, Sub VS Cyrax for $100, and he won the set 5-4 with one of the biggest pops of the entire tournament. In that moment, I knew what I had to do. I never wanted to be sponsored. I never wanted to make Top 8, unless it was at NEC like I prophesized I would do many, many years ago. I want to fight Brady in a FT5 for $100. Don't care if it's on the tournament floor or in the men's restroom like that one time in Texas. I'm like a ghost with unfinished business, and that dream refuses to die.

I had a plan in 2015/2016 - a really, REALLY good one, that would have made for a great story. But, life collapsed into itself, drugs happened, and the whole plan got turned inside out. 2017 was a real dark time.

Don't even know if i could put up a decent fight now, I've been out of the loop for so long. But that's the only fight in my 13+ years in this circus that I've ever wanted to have in the center of the three rings.
This is still my favorite callout in the thread. Punching UP is cool af to me, and the only sad thing is that @Tom Brady probably will never respond.

If there's anyone I'd ever want to challenge in that vein, it's 100% Sonic. At the KIT 2015 in my hometown of Memphis, Sonic and I met in pools. I was able to take the very first round off him, I played Kung Jin at the time, they played Cassie. They beat me, obviously, every round after that. I wasn't mad, it's SonicFox, but I wanted to talk after the game. I walked up, said, "Hey dude, I'm a fan, any tips from our game?" Their reply? "You just gotta hit me!" Then they walked away.

I've been pissed ever since

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
This is still my favorite callout in the thread. Punching UP is cool af to me, and the only sad thing is that @Tom Brady probably will never respond.

If there's anyone I'd ever want to challenge in that vein, it's 100% Sonic. At the KIT 2015 in my hometown of Memphis, Sonic and I met in pools. I was able to take the very first round off him, I played Kung Jin at the time, they played Cassie. They beat me, obviously, every round after that. I wasn't mad, it's SonicFox, but I wanted to talk after the game. I walked up, said, "Hey dude, I'm a fan, any tips from our game?" Their reply? "You just gotta hit me!" Then they walked away.

I've been pissed ever since
My experience was very similar with Sonic, right when I was talking directly to a very high level pro player that Sonic knew. I'll just leave it at that.

ImpostorOak

Kombatant
My experience was very similar with Sonic, right when I was talking directly to a very high level pro player that Sonic knew. I'll just leave it at that.
Bro, it may be the same way now, but the top players were just a big gatekeeping club back then. I had either @Pig Of The Hut or someone pretending to be him ig, message me on PSN and here at one point about linking me up with the YOMI guys, I thought it was legit cause @GamerBlake90 was in my inbox about it as well, but they ended up ghosting me with no explanation. I saw those guys in person after a couple times, but had some bad blood about it, so I didn't speak.

If I'm honest, I was immature to hold those grudges and not try harder to network and get deeper in the scene if thats what i wanted, but I was young and busy chasing girls and working. Such is life.