What's new

The Beef Thread

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Bro, it may be the same way now, but the top players were just a big gatekeeping club back then. I had either @Pig Of The Hut or someone pretending to be him ig, message me on PSN and here at one point about linking me up with the YOMI guys, I thought it was legit cause @GamerBlake90 was in my inbox about it as well, but they ended up ghosting me with no explanation. I saw those guys in person after a couple times, but had some bad blood about it, so I didn't speak.

If I'm honest, I was immature to hold those grudges and not try harder to network and get deeper in the scene if thats what i wanted, but I was young and busy chasing girls and working. Such is life.
Feels like the injustice games didn't have this as much, maybe because it attracted additional players outside the usual scene - but the YOMI era was practically defined by gatekeeping.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Bro, it may be the same way now, but the top players were just a big gatekeeping club back then. I had either @Pig Of The Hut or someone pretending to be him ig, message me on PSN and here at one point about linking me up with the YOMI guys, I thought it was legit cause @GamerBlake90 was in my inbox about it as well, but they ended up ghosting me with no explanation. I saw those guys in person after a couple times, but had some bad blood about it, so I didn't speak.

If I'm honest, I was immature to hold those grudges and not try harder to network and get deeper in the scene if thats what i wanted, but I was young and busy chasing girls and working. Such is life.
Brought back the memories with YOMI that crew used to grind lol. I definitely get it, and sometimes experiences can wildly vary per person. Like GamerBlake was a GOAT to me lol. That gatekeep feel hits hard when you get it though. Back when I used to play Tekken 5 DR like 6 hours a day I was probably at my all time best at FGs. Beat a lot of high level players in the arcade when we had the cards to track your progress. Instead of trying to get games and include me in the obviously secret password click of high level players, SOME (not all) tried to trash me and wouldn't acknowledge I was good and would go on Zaibatsu saying how "any young kids these days can just mash like a noob and compete". As if that makes any sense. At one of the regionals the organizer literally rigged the tournament so I would have to play Jin Master in the first round and would have to play Spero if I had the nerve to win after losing because they wanted to make sure I didn't upset any of the names they wanted to go far. I could write a book about how I feel about this topic lol, lots of stuff goes under the radar that you don't catch unless it can happen to you.

rifraf

Dojo Trainee
I told him I was free last night, I'm free tonight, he said maybe this weekend or next.
Just so we're on the same page here. Do you agree on the rules below? You never answered.

@ImpostorOak I didn’t know that. So the rules need to be changed.

New rule. The loser gets to surrender their account to the winner. Full ownership with email change and everything.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
No. I like the ImpostorOak account name.
Remember in DBZ during the Cell saga, when everyone thought the ultimate fight was going to be SSJ Goku vs Perfect Cell, only for Goku to drop out the fight and Gohan fought and dominated Cell. Don't do it Oak. I have a bad feeling about this LOL!

ImpostorOak

Kombatant
@rifraf Shit bro, I'm not even the one you started the beef with and I don't care about your account. I don't even have actual beef with you, I just think you've been a whiny insufferable child.

Literally I accept whatever you want the stakes to be. I do not care. My suggestion was ignored, if I win you have to play @Evantabes

That set should be recorded and posted here, too.

Evantabes

Dojo Trainee
@rifraf Shit bro, I'm not even the one you started the beef with and I don't care about your account. I don't even have actual beef with you, I just think you've been a whiny insufferable child.

Literally I accept whatever you want the stakes to be. I do not care. My suggestion was ignored, if I win you have to play @Evantabes

That set should be recorded and posted here, too.
thank you for looking out for us beefers who are being ignored in these trying times

ImpostorOak

Kombatant
Remember in DBZ during the Cell saga, when everyone thought the ultimate fight was going to be SSJ Goku vs Perfect Cell, only for Goku to drop out the fight and Gohan fought and dominated Cell. Don't do it Oak. I have a bad feeling about this LOL!
I'm actually thinking like, this guy has a lag switch or something? Lol. No way he'd be randomly coming at ME like this if there wasn't something up.

rifraf

Dojo Trainee
I appreciate the compliment but

I hate the way that you walk, the way that you talk, I hate the way that you dress
Likewise.

I have a beef with you. The rules are set and are crystal clear. You agreed initially so what’s up? You ducking or what?

ImpostorOak

Kombatant
Likewise.

I have a beef with you. The rules are set and are crystal clear. You agreed initially so what’s up? You ducking or what?
At this point, I think you just can't read. I have agreed probably 7 times in the last three pages of this thread.

Ya know what? If I win, I want you to live stream you reading out loud.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Likewise.

I apologize brother, I meant no harm by my previous comments. I assure you no ill will was intended, and I do not want any beef with you and bend the knee to my superior Lord Rifraf.

rifraf

Dojo Trainee
At this point, I think you just can't read. I have agreed probably 7 times in the last three pages of this thread.

Ya know what? If I win, I want you to live stream you reading out loud.
So, why did you offer money?

Anyway, since account deletion is not possible, the loser surrenders their account to the winner. Full ownership with email change and everything.

Yes or No.

ImpostorOak

Kombatant
So, why did you offer money?

Anyway, since account deletion is not possible, the loser surrenders their account to the winner. Full ownership with email change and everything.

Yes or No.
Because the account thing is uninteresting to me.

I am willing to play you. This is the last time I'll get into this back and forth. Yes for the 10th time. I am free Saturday.