What's new

The 3 Things we need for lao in the next patch

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Lotus Fist needs serious reworking IMO. Yes, it makes your strings safe, but I believe with the right decision making you are rarely going to overextend yourself to NEED orbiting hat. The air tele and moving hat up and down seem far more practical.

Orbiting Hat does not eat a projectile, and goes away on hit and block. It has minuscule hit advantage that allows essentially one combo path. Takes away your best strings for an amount of time. Ends your turn, all pressure and staggers are fake using this. Its just unreasonably expensive for these reasons.

Perhaps he needs both variations retooled, or maybe we are overlooking some match up specific functionality? Im not sure. I win far more consistently with Hat Tricks, simply because I rarely dont have meter when I jeed to breakaway.
Like really. When you pick the tempest variation you gimp yourself hard core

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
Honestly. I think he just needs better frames. Orbiting hat could use a little more frames on hit to link f1 easier imo. But overall, his shtick is the high mobility staggers and damage. I think those are reasonable buffs

Immortal

Blind justice....
He needs nothing aside from hitbox fixes. He's fine the way he is aside from that.

No fucking way F21 should be made safe, F1 alone is already safe which is a great advancing 10f mid. Lao should be played the way Foxy was playing him at CB.

He needs nothing aside from hitbox fixes. He's fine the way he is aside from that.

No fucking way F21 should be made safe, F1 alone is already safe which is a great advancing 10f mid. Lao should be played the way Foxy was playing him at CB.
did u see that match? :D teleports didnt work! all games - throw throw throw... cuz other dont work XD

In my opinion 21212 should be mid. and he need betters CB.... S tiers have easily 3-4 KBS in match... KL has only one. CB from dive kick very risky, CB from teleports unreal to do.

xengsu

Nico 91K @ PSN

F1 go,s is not hitconfirm able, and F13 is -19 you only get F12.. that only leads in a knockdown

Immortal

Blind justice....
did u see that match? :D teleports didnt work! all games - throw throw throw... cuz other dont work XD
I did, did you? Throws, whiff punishing, pokes, repeat, no jumping coz lao controls air. Thats his gameplan and it worked just fine.

F1 go,s is not hitconfirm able, and F13 is -19 you only get F12.. that only leads in a knockdown
So you want a 10f advancing safe mid button, to become a 10f advancing mid string thats not only safe on block but also hitconfirmable? Lmao, no. F12 is more then fine, coz F1 is great, so knockdown after F12 is just fine.

Kung Lao is fine, mid tier. He doesn't need to be S tier. NRS should fix hitboxes and will be just fine.

just_2swift

No

just_2swift

I did, did you? Throws, whiff punishing, pokes, repeat, no jumping coz lao controls air. Thats his gameplan and it worked just fine.

So you want a 10f advancing safe mid button, to become a 10f advancing mid string thats not only safe on block but also hitconfirmable? Lmao, no. F12 is more then fine, coz F1 is great, so knockdown after F12 is just fine.

Kung Lao is fine, mid tier. He doesn't need to be S tier. NRS should fix hitboxes and will be just fine.

just_2swift

It's Time to put the crack pipe down if you think Lao is fine. Foxy did well this is true but don't think for a second that he used Lao to get to top 8 because he didn't it was Cassie. The characters issues we're on full display for the world to see and in front of Boon himself. If you don't see the bigger picture then you're Lost. Foxy did this for the future of the character.

It's Time to put the crack pipe down if you think Lao is fine. Foxy did well this is true but don't think for a second that he used Lao to get to top 8 because he didn't it was Cassie. The characters issues we're on full display for the world to see and in front of Boon himself. If you don't see the bigger picture then you're Lost. Foxy did this for the future of the character.
YE! tepelorts dont work - one of the main mechanics dont work.... stupid pokes counter it... ex-teleport dont work to lol... we lost bar and idiot who spam D1 own u.
Crushingblows are kinda stupid... very hard to do... F213 not easly to do cuz nobody do totally unsave moves... so u need to do roll forward while wake up and lost bar to do this KB.... KB from teleport unreal to do... KB from dive kick is stupid too and very risky..
no overhands.. 21212 need mid startup...

If they fix some of this kung lao will be good... but now... all his moves are stupid and dont work as they must work.

Temp

Salmon. Otters. The Bringer.
F13 is safe with Orbital. “But two meters fjbwifjhsksbfksjdhdjjd” holy shit, man. Play the neutral till you get the meter back. You meter extremely quick in this game. You have a safe combo starter with a 10 frame mid and one of the best D3’s in the game. Count your blessings. You could be Kotal players.

just_2swift

F13 is safe with Orbital. “But two meters fjbwifjhsksbfksjdhdjjd” holy shit, man. Play the neutral till you get the meter back. You meter extremely quick in this game. You have a safe combo starter with a 10 frame mid and one of the best D3’s in the game. Count your blessings. You could be Kotal players.

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
Id like to revisit this thread and i still think my suggestions still hold up and are reasonable. But id like suggest a few more buffs
Id like the hitbox on standing 2 to be raised a little higher for easier aa's
And an added KB on a string for combo ending.
Wishlist buffs
F213 to be safe lol with some gaps in it i guess

Carl

Noob
Kinda bummed f21 not safe.
I thought adjustments would be made from the patch other day lol but noooo got shafted.
Sigh

id like to suggest this changes
-d4 -2 on block (perfect spacing to use 21212 and b3 to get in... and not to abuse it.
- f2 startup frames 13
-f1 -3 on block or no pushback on hit
that's it
what do you guys think?

just_2swift

Ya know... Nrs said they were minimizing characters having useless strings and normals etc.... Ummm s4 f13u2 s3 are pretty much dead space.

His spin is 12 frames it should be 7. At least he can punish scorpion's chain spin move with amp spin with this change. Lao can't do anything in that mu vs that move.