What's new

The 3 Things we need for lao in the next patch

Moms4lif3

Bruh.
I don’t play Lao really but from the time I tried him in training mode I felt like basically he has no safe strings or options at all...?! If they were not unsafe on block they had pretty weird gaps. I think they should look into making him safer before anything else! He had the same issue before the last patch in MKX, he was pretty damn good afterwards. I’d like to try him but atm I feel like he is not worth the effort, eventhough his combo game is hella swaggy :DOGE

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
I don’t play Lao really but from the time I tried him in training mode I felt like basically he has no safe strings or options at all...?! If they were not unsafe on block they had pretty weird gaps. I think they should look into making him safer before anything else! He had the same issue before the last patch in MKX, he was pretty damn good afterwards. I’d like to try him but atm I feel like he is not worth the effort, eventhough his combo game is hella swaggy :DOGE
You sure? Patch is the thing that hurt him in MKX taking away the armor in his spin. And he was always safe, the only unsafe move I remember was f4 because you can’t cancel it. The patch improved the buzzsaw, yeah, but it hurt him more than helped him in the other variations.

Moms4lif3

Bruh.
You sure? Patch is the thing that hurt him in MKX taking away the armor in his spin. And he was always safe, the only unsafe move I remember was f4 because you can’t cancel it. The patch improved the buzzsaw, yeah, but it hurt him more than helped him in the other variations.
Well, I am no expert as I was no Lao Main at any point. Of course the patch “hurt” him because of the armor removal, but that applies to every character which had an armored launcher, no? At least they got rid off of his gaps and cleaned him up, he was pretty solid in the late MKX meta I feel. Not top tier for sure but at least solid mid...?

Moms4lif3

Bruh.
Buzz saw was way improved with the patch tho, he basically could not get combos before and let’s be honest: hat trick was never actually viable at any point in time, it was all gimmicks and swag (although heavily entertaining to watch)

DragonofDadashov24

Well, I am no expert as I was no Lao Main at any point. Of course the patch “hurt” him because of the armor removal, but that applies to every character which had an armored launcher, no? At least they got rid off of his gaps and cleaned him up, he was pretty solid in the late MKX meta I feel. Not top tier for sure but at least solid mid...?
Yeah, solid mid. That spin was more of a getaway tool in the corner and when they took it he lost any means of wake up game. Teleport usually whiffed and was overall a shitty wake up move

DragonofDadashov24

Buzz saw was way improved with the patch tho, he basically could not get combos before and let’s be honest: hat trick was never actually viable at any point in time, it was all gimmicks and swag (although heavily entertaining to watch)
Yeah, I said that about Buzzsaw. It was clean 50/50 variation with cool set ups. Foxy actually made Hat-trick work wonders

Moms4lif3

Bruh.
Hah
Yeah, solid mid. That spin was more of a getaway tool in the corner and when they took it he lost any means of wake up game. Teleport usually whiffed and was overall a shitty wake up move
Haha yea I forgot about his shitty wakeup options. I mained Quan Chi so believe me I know the pain of basically non existing wakeups -.-

1) make 21212 hit high only the first hit, rest make mids, keep it plus on block

2) lotus fist, make his orbiting hat meterless

bonus: make f21 and f214 safe, but that might make him a little too good

DragonofDadashov24

Obviously youre just bad if you think kung lao is bad
Really? Now imagine a situation where Kung Lao does his orbit hat and pulls off about 30-40% combo and when an opponent retaliates Kung Lao is left with no breakaway. He is unsafe on everything and as I said, his mobility is for shit with that reactible teleport.

He really needs it. buffs im saying. I wish his hat trick variation would have a safer teleport or at least his "hat swipe" would be alot more usefull. some safer pressure and mix ups would welcome him aswell

Good players duck and punish all the teleports on reaction.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Dude, look at his frame data :D I don’t even play him and know it’s bad. Most strings also have gaps. Clearly you do not understand the issues with the character and never looked at the stuff he has.
Like what i want to see this besides bug fixes

Top K. lao player foxy only used grab button. I guess he thinks its K. lao's best option.

Compared to other characters K. lao is weak honeslty

I'd mainly just like one safe string, 21 being a combo starter and 214 being safe with a hard knockdown sounds fair to me, you would have to hitconfirm to stay safe or go into a combo.

Also take a look at orbiting hat cause right now its a big question mark for me. one of the most expensive moves that does make his strings safe on block, but you can not amplify it on hit or block and same goes for Omega hat. Spending ALL your meter on 2 hats or sligthly more range in neutral to maybe land a hit easier to me is pointless. He basically only gets a single move in that variation and you cant even amplify it.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
I've played KL HT for over two years, and even though the Hatrick development was not complete, I was still able to maintain my grounds, and that was because his core moves were solid.

In world of MK11, he lacks them in both variation.

f1 is useless because you cant confirm of off it - if that would change, we could be able to make use of it.

There has to be a move to condition opponent to block high. The design KL and JC had in MKX was decent and fair.

Even if f12 will be an overhead, decent player will still poke out of 21212 string and wont force them to block high. In that case the b3 and all over high strings, pokes wont be effective.

The string f23 could be around -8 /-10, since -13 is just considering what others have.

The teleport: day one everyone I played in offline game was able to AA me with S1.

The character is fun. Has mobility, sort of anti zoning, but in order to land combo, you need a moron, or realy on whiff punish, or AA.

The way Foxy played T Master, is a good example, how bad his overall move set is.