What's new

Breakthrough THANK YOU, NRS!

how will you get your attacks in range of even being blocked if they're waiting for them to whiff punish you? especially when your opponent can blatantly see that you are on venom cooldown and hasn't got any armour to fear.
If they aren't attacking you, just hang out for 6 seconds lol

RYX

BIG PUSHER
how will you get your attacks in range of even being blocked if they're waiting for them to whiff punish you? especially when your opponent can blatantly see that you are on venom cooldown and hasn't got any armour to fear.
MB f.3/b.3, the following cancels etc.

Then stay in range. Corner lock down is going to be too epic in this game. If you're throwing moves out at that range where it's an obvious whiff punish then you deserve getting bopped.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
but that's what i'm getting at, we're still going to have to be at constant risk the moment the venom runs out, which in turn, makes you hesitant to use it, which is the fundamental problem with Bane to begin with.

haketh

Noob
What if they're going in? Whatif a zoner establishes space? How are you punishign things that leave them low and recovers faster than 9 frames? Most of his problems really didn't get fixed.

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
MB f.3/b.3, the following cancels etc.

Then stay in range. Corner lock down is going to be too epic in this game. If you're throwing moves out at that range where it's an obvious whiff punish then you deserve getting bopped.
MB f3/b3 can both be whiff punished hard, especially Bane's.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
i think you guys misunderstand, it's all well and good mentioning we can kill time when we land attacks now we have less debuff, but you actually have to LAND the attack in order to kill time, we are still going to be as on our own if we are at jump distance where all our shit can be whiff punished and we have no armour, or fullscreen against zoners chipping the living fuck out of us.
Hey, we all knew life as Bane players would be rough.

I'm excited for these buffs. The duration of active Venom and armor VS duration of the debuff is amazing. I'm excited about the dash speed, I just hope it's on par with his backdash.

but that's what i'm getting at, we're still going to have to be at constant risk the moment the venom runs out, which in turn, makes you hesitant to use it, which is the fundamental problem with Bane to begin with.
I really think you underestimate the difference between 6 seconds and 9 seconds. We'll see though I guess.

Elmo

Noob
A buffs a buff. Was honestly hoping for a little more, but what can ya do? Just going to sit and wait to see how much it helps.

What if they're going in? Whatif a zoner establishes space? How are you punishign things that leave them low and recovers faster than 9 frames? Most of his problems really didn't get fixed.
If you blew lvl 3 venom and did no damage, then yea, that freaking sucks. If you did some solid damage, then you've got the life lead and they've got the space.

Reactions: RYX

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
I really think you underestimate the difference between 6 seconds and 9 seconds. We'll see though I guess.
again, it's never been the time that's the issue, it's how vunerable Bane is as it's cooling down.

i really don't want to seem so pessimistic about these, i am genuinely happy to see Bane get these improvements, and like i said, the forward dash increase could be huge depending on how much faster it now is, i just honestly can't say i see the venom changes being a huge help.

haketh

Noob
If you blew lvl 3 venom and did no damage, then yea, that freaking sucks. If you did some solid damage, then you've got the life lead and they've got the space.
My question is once again, how are you getting in? How are you punishing? How are you getting that damage? These problems are most likely still gonna be there.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
The duration is going to help immensely PND_Mustard . You're a good player, I know you can block and play keep away for 6 seconds. There are times I could do it on the old cooldown.

However, it doesn't solve all of his problems of a method of getting in. We're still going to need to work our tails off. But, this is a great start. I hope this plays out well.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
My question is once again, how are you getting in? How are you punishing? How are you getting that damage? These problems are most likely still gonna be there.
We have 16 seconds of armored moves to advance and get in with a cooldown of 6 seconds. I like the sound of that in the hands of a good Bane player. It won't be easy, but it's a darn good start.

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
The duration is going to help immensely PND_Mustard . You're a good player, I know you can block and play keep away for 6 seconds. There are times I could do it on the old cooldown.

However, it doesn't solve all of his problems of a method of getting in. We're still going to need to work our tails off. But, this is a great start. I hope this plays out well.
Dash speed increase will make getting in easier for sure.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Let's put it into perspective.

Venom as it is, from levels one to three, is about 18 seconds total if you use it perfectly. Now, with the new buff, level 3 is recovered at 6 seconds, this is a 3:1 ratio of bullying people with armor, mix ups and oki. This makes the debuff in itself fair because you can eat through it anyway with a combo or MB grabs.

That's pretty good. Venom isn't the problem and I don't think his debuff is anymore either considering what we've just got, and depending on his dash that could be game changing.

It's just that as of now he's too slow normal wise. Special wise he only needs a faster Charge and maybe a better AA grab. That's about it,

I think we have a potentially solid character for right now.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
With a better dash.

With armored moves to punch them before they can block to begin with.

Tick throws and mix ups, with a little bit of corner domination. Venom isn't a ticket to get in for free, it's a bullying tool with a damage boost,

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
PND_Mustard , any speed increase will help catch rollers or backdashers on knockdowns. If it's on par with Doomsday's dash (which I think is a stretch) he will be amazing.

And RYX , the slow normal are still a problem, but if we can get a knockdown with a faster move that has armor like DP or Fist slam, we'll be doing well.

And let's not forget that we now have armor on F2D and F2 with LVL 3. Going that high is now relevant so we gain two moves with armor and increased damage with much less risk.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Also let's not forget Venom can stop when you want it to. So you don't even have to suffer the consequences of Venom 3 if you're not willing to risk it in that situation. Venom 1 has pretty much no consequence so it can be safely used in succession with a bit of level two thrown in to keep them respecting you for just a bit longer.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
Another note is the wording on the dash comment. His dash is now faster, not slightly faster. This gives us reason to think it's a significant increase.

Also let's not forget Venom can stop when you want it to. So you don't even have to suffer the consequences of Venom 3 if you're not willing to risk it in that situation.
Yea, 4.5 seconds on the lvl 2 cooldown aint to shabby either.

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
my mind is still unchanged. but there's no use in us debating this when the patch isn't even out yet. let's just see how Bane plays out with these alterations, and hopefully i can eat my words.