What's new

Breakthrough THANK YOU, NRS!

Honestly, I don't know what is better right now. Losing the debuff or shorter cool down. It lets us be in Venom WAY more often than not even when going lvl 3.

I'm excited to test it. I'm scared his forward dash is going to be awesome lol

No one should downplay the reduced cool down in my opinion. I never saw that coming as a buff. I think it's a good way to preserve the uniqueness of the character while also making him more viable.

Its a really nice buff! Possibly ridiculous IMO. I think the movement buff was great.. though the cooldown buff is welcome.. not sure if it was really necessary.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
i'm not gonna celebrate until i see just how much faster the forward dash is. i don't the see the Venom cooldown decreasing being a huge help, it's never been the duration that's the problem, it's the intensity of the debuff that makes it almost suicide.

if the forward dash is like, doomsday fast, then i'll be optimistic.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
i'm not gonna celebrate until i see just how much faster the forward dash is. i don't the see the Venom cooldown decreasing being a huge help, it's never been the duration that's the problem, it's the intensity of the debuff that makes it almost suicide.

C'mon man, Bane probably just escaped D tier and escaped into B tier.

Celebrate.

Well, we are going to have 3 less seconds of debuff at lvl 3. That means lvl 3 debuff will be the same as the old lvl 2 debuff, duration wise. You can combo through it completely. A MB command grab is getting you a lot of the way through.

The name of the game is killing 6 seconds now.

haketh

Noob

Celebrate.
I don't see anything that raises him to far.

Still has issues with punishing
Unless it's really significant buff to dash will still have a problem with mediocre zoning
Still gets punished harshly for venom
Still has a shitty jump arc

jfunkey

Noob
I wonder if there will be hidden fixes in this patch, like how Bane's combo on some characters would put them behind him if they reversal'd

Thisssssssss. I guess the advantage to less cooldown is that if you level 3 you won't get full combo'd for insane damage if you get caught during cooldown, but rather half a combo of insane damage or something.

Either way, very curious to see if his buffs are enough.

RYX

BIG PUSHER

But it is a big thing. Now we can probably find ways to easily from Level 3 venom combos and eat up the time and Venom before it's over,

MB command grabs just got a new level of dirt.

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter

Celebrate.
bold statement considering none of us have actually played with the patched Bane yet.

also, they nerfed Harley, i guess it could be worse for us.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Thisssssssss. I guess the advantage to less cooldown is that if you level 3 you won't get full combo'd for insane damage if you get caught during cooldown, but rather half a combo of insane damage or something.

Either way, very curious to see if his buffs are enough.
It has level 2's old cool down. You can combo through the whole thing.

But it is a big thing. Now we can probably find ways to easily from Level 3 venom combos and eat up the time and Venom before it's over,

MB command grabs just got a new level of dirt.

Yes, this right here.

We are getting 18 seconds of venom for 6 seconds of debuff. I'm excited.

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
i think you guys misunderstand, it's all well and good mentioning we can kill time when we land attacks now we have less debuff, but you actually have to LAND the attack in order to kill time, we are still going to be as on our own if we are at jump distance where all our shit can be whiff punished and we have no armour, or fullscreen against zoners chipping the living fuck out of us.

jfunkey

Noob
The dash change is the name of the game in terms of how much better the matchups have gotten for us. Hopefully it's good

i think you guys misunderstand, it's all well and good mentioning we can kill time when we land attacks now we have less debuff, but you actually have to LAND the attack in order to kill time, we are still going to be as on our own if we are at jump distance where all our shit can be whiff punished and we have no armour, or fullscreen against zoners chipping the living fuck out of us.
Again, this.

Though I suppose some of the DS/Harley nerfs might help out as far as the chip damage goes, but I can't imagine by much.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Frame traps and tick throws are a beautiful thing.

If it bothers you then don't use level 3 still. I can imagine it being infinitely more useful now. We just need some tweaks here and there to the rest of Bane but this is undeniably a good start,

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
I think I largely fall with Mustard and haketh on this.

Really wanted to see some work on his normals in this patch.

EDIT: Which is not to sound displeased. I'm glad that NRS is aware he has problems, at least.

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
Frame traps and tick throws are a beautiful thing.

If it bothers you then don't use level 3 still. I can imagine it being infinitely more useful now. We just need some tweaks here and there to the rest of Bane but this is undeniably a good start,
how will you get your attacks in range of even being blocked if they're waiting for them to whiff punish you? especially when your opponent can blatantly see that you are on venom cooldown and hasn't got any armour to fear.