What's new

Breakthrough THANK YOU, NRS!

RYX

BIG PUSHER
colt hecterrific

Thank you guys at NRS so much for buffing Bane. It's amazing that you guys listened to our pleas and cries, all of us Bane mains are forever grateful.

- Bane's backwards throw damage normalized
- Bane's forward dash is faster
- Level 2 Venom recovers 1.5 seconds faster, Level 3 recovering three seconds faster,

Doombawkz
PND_Mustard
iMLGzus
AA25Mamba
LEGI0N47
big_aug
haketh

I think we should all extend our gratitude to NRS for this. Rejoice! :D

haketh

Noob
I still don't think it's enough to get him out fo bottom three. Jump Arc is still garbage, still has ludicrous startup frames on a ton of things, and damage taken penalty still there.

Is this live?

What's the throw DMG thing?

Great start here. The cooldowns are a great place to start. Better to go easy than over buff and fuck us with needs later.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
The dash speed is going to help so much on knockdowns being tech rolled. Also, the decreased cooldown time makes even LVL 3 Venom useful. I'll actually be going to that LVL on occasion. It doesn't take away the extra damage taken, but Bane is much better with this.

Reactions: RYX

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
I'm so happy pressure with him won't slip away because someone tech rolled and Bane's dash won't reach in time. The venom cooldown is a HUGE step toward Bane being a viable character.

zaf

professor
If this all does happen, its not tt bad. Its something i can agree on.

EDIT: yea, didn't see that the patch notes were posted on the injustice game site. So yea it's all true. Like to see bane players messin' people up now.

jfunkey

Noob
I'm kinda sad i wasn't tagged in this :(

But anyway, to the changes. I think these are much needed changes and making his movement on the ground better will help significantly, i still he will suffer quite a bit but these should help a lot.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I can now finally pick up Bane. To you guys that think 1-3 second differences on Venom doesn't make a difference...you will see. That coupled with a faster dash? He is about to wreck shit. He will be a tournaments wreckoning. lol

I didn't think they'd go the route of reducing the cool down. This could be huge. Maybe I'm getting over excited though. In a fighting game, the difference between 9 seconds and 6 seconds is pretty big.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
what was it doing before?
9%

Basically, everyone in the games throw did 11% except sinestro and Bane.

Now the only throw that won't do 11% is banes forward throw.

Edit: Just noticed that sinestros forward throw also is 9%

WHY. What's the point of it? I don't get why a forward throw is so bad that it needs attention for two characters who... don't really need throwing that much.

So if you run that new duration through Doombawkz 's VLE equation, you get .9 for lvl 3 and .445 for lvl 2 vs. .29 for lvl 1. So it works the way you would think post-patch instead of full retard pre-patch.

Unless i fucked up my maths lol

I'm going to be abusing lvl 3 for a while:joker:

JaredL

So if you run that new duration through Doombawkz 's VLE equation, you get .9 for lvl 3 and .445 for lvl 2 vs. .29 for lvl 1. So it works the way you would think post-patch instead of full retard pre-patch.

Unless i fucked up my maths lol

I'm going to be abusing lvl 3 for a while:joker:
Wait, does this mean that level 2 will be most efficient now?

Wait, does this mean that level 2 will be most efficient now?
No, this means lvl 3 will be the most efficient, on paper. Basically, it gets better each level you go up instead of getting worse as it did before the changes.

The real kicker here is that even if you get caught after going lvl 3, if you were able to delay even just a little, you're going to drop the debuff mid combo a lot of the time.

JaredL

No, this means lvl 3 will be the most efficient, on paper. Basically, it gets better each level you go up instead of getting worse as it did before the changes.
Noice.

I wonder too, how big his dash boost will be. If it is big enough, the debuff to his speed might be less impactful, and it might allow him an easier time vs zoners. Things are looking up for Bane.

Well, it's a start. I wish they axed the debuff though. He'll still get blown up by anyone with decent zoning.

Still, at least lvl 3 venom isn't complete suicide now, I guess.