What's new

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 General Discussion

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
I heard they nerfed his jet upper though, which reduced the tracking on it from Tekken 6. He's a very good character at a high level though. So far the balance in this game is pretty good, the lower tier could use some tweaks here and there, but other than that, they are pretty viable via tournament fundamentally.
What I gather from T6 players they nerfed his main pokes and his taunt doesn't track. The tracking to his right side is poor, but I can live with that, since he is not really designed for keeping up infinite poke pressure, but rather a keep-out style whiff and block punishing and counter hit fishing. Forward dash cancelled into JU will catch obvious sidewalk setups since the dash realigns him (for example, pushback lows that are slightly negative on hit into sidewalk). Knees, elbows and unseeable lows give Bruce/Bryan a consistent poking game without having to worry about parries/reversals it's just that while playing them I have to be mindful off my opponents sidewalk setups and refrain from pressing buttons, where as characters like Miguel or Bob don't have to give a damn and not even use their homing moves, the exception of course being situations where they want to get in on someone who is at a range and sidewalking as they have near 180 degree tracking to either side with their pokes.

I haven't been able to play, mainly because I'm back in school (school comes first more than anything). I should be available this Friday or Saturday, if anyone wants to play.

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
My Lili's been benched to team 2 with Leo.
Currently rocking Ogre/Roger and really confusing people doing so.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
The more I play Heihachi/Kazuya and Bryan/Bruce the less I am interested in playing anyone else. I can't imagine myself playing characters with bad punishers and poor counter hit tools + I generally dislike all the gimmick/stance characters that crush mids and lay on the ground/spin/roll more than they backdash cancel.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
The more I play Heihachi/Kazuya and Bryan/Bruce the less I am interested in playing anyone else. I can't imagine myself playing characters with bad punishers and poor counter hit tools + I generally dislike all the gimmick/stance characters that crush mids and lay on the ground/spin/roll more than they backdash cancel.
All characters can utilise backdashing, moves that lead into stances have completely different purposes than setting up whiffs/getting out of close quarters.

Regarding Kazuya, EWGF EWGF~5 into any of my characters BNB does more damage and red life than any of my main team-mate's launchers, so i now feel like my characters are underwhelming when im not using Kaz as a red life/damage battery :(

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
All characters can utilise backdashing, moves that lead into stances have completely different purposes than setting up whiffs/getting out of close quarters.

Regarding Kazuya, EWGF EWGF~5 into any of my characters BNB does more damage and red life than any of my main team-mate's launchers, so i now feel like my characters are underwhelming when im not using Kaz as a red life/damage battery :(
Characters like Xiauoupieceofshit/Miharu seem to be perfectly designed TO PISS ME OFF AND LOSE MY FAITH IN HUMANITY. I wish I had played Tekken longer so I would know how to punish all the bullshit for max damage every time.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Characters like Xiauoupieceofshit/Miharu seem to be perfectly designed TO PISS ME OFF AND LOSE MY FAITH IN HUMANITY. I wish I had played Tekken longer so I would know how to punish all the bullshit for max damage every time.
My one time sparring partner uses Ling.... and she is a GREAT whiff punisher into quick tech traps.

Is it simply the stances that get you? Lets talk it out, cuz I have a HUGE problem of attacking when she turns her back.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Until you really start learning matchups (which i havent at all tbh) just focus on your whiff punishes and movement, if you can fight with fundamental spacing/poking to set up your own pressure then knowing all the punishes and frame data is the icing and free damage.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
My one time sparring partner uses Ling.... and she is a GREAT whiff punisher into quick tech traps.

Is it simply the stances that get you? Lets talk it out, cuz I have a HUGE problem of attacking when she turns her back.
It's the mid crushing that pisses me off, I lost a match when Bryan's fF3 mid went over her rolling and then I got launched and lost. I made the roll whiff by sidewalking and tried to punish with Bryan's fF2 and got launched with Back turned 4. I honestly would rather fight Bob/Lars.

Their character design forces me to play an incredibly lame game. Heihachi: fF2,f3 Kazuya: f3 Bruce: b2, cd3. Just find that one mid that hits low to the ground and abuse it until they die :D

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Their character design forces me to play an incredibly lame game. Heihachi: fF2,f3 Kazuya: f3 Bruce: b2, cd3. Just find that one mid that hits low to the ground and abuse it until they die :D
Spacing, laming and using more d1 will do you wonders against ling, if you can poke her our of your face you get to stuff her stances and also get + frames for your own pressure.

Back turned 4 is launch punishable on block, dont let it bother you :D

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
It's the mid crushing that pisses me off, I lost a match when Bryan's fF3 mid went over her rolling and then I got launched and lost. I made the roll whiff by sidewalking and tried to punish with Bryan's fF2 and got launched with Back turned 4. I honestly would rather fight Bob/Lars.

I always felt like she has horrible frames on whiff. If she misses a move I tend to get huge punishes on her.
Granted I'm using King and AK, and they have good quick punishes and throws that can destroy dreams.
I wish we could play cross platform. Seems like the people that woudl actually help me level up are all on the ps3 :(

I just need that extensive MU experience.

Since you do play Bruce... HOW DO I FIGHT HIM? I always just get blown up when i fight someone who knows how to use him. His strings are wonky and I don't know where to step/duck, where the traps are... etc etc

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
Until you really start learning matchups (which i havent at all tbh) just focus on your whiff punishes and movement, if you can fight with fundamental spacing/poking to set up your own pressure then knowing all the punishes and frame data is the icing and free damage.
It's how I pretty much play the game. I move a lot and look to punish if my opponent is overly aggressive, I'll observe their play and look for CH's. If my opponent is very careful in their offence however I try to stay closer and engage in an "in and out" pokewar and look for sidewalks and such. If my opponent is overly defensive and doesn't press buttons I'll go for throws and quick lows when I see the opening. I don't like to force things and I really like the fact that this game doesn't reward pressing buttons (no meter/chip dmg) but good reads.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
I always felt like she has horrible frames on whiff. If she misses a move I tend to get huge punishes on her.
Granted I'm using King and AK, and they have good quick punishes and throws that can destroy dreams.
I wish we could play cross platform. Seems like the people that woudl actually help me level up are all on the ps3 :(

I just need that extensive MU experience.

Since you do play Bruce... HOW DO I FIGHT HIM? I always just get blown up when i fight someone who knows how to use him. His strings are wonky and I don't know where to step/duck, where the traps are... etc etc
I don't really think there is a clear cut way of fighting him. Outside d4, standing 3 range perhaps and look to sidewalk him.

Do not press buttons when he enters passart stance, the 2 is un-interruptable and launches on CH. Remain standing and look out for the low hitting 4. Basically any move that pushes you back on block, it's just best to look to backdash and remain outside d4,standing 3 range. Bruce's moveset is geared towards keepout/looking to catch people coming in and CH launch with b2 and db4 or 4. B2 is -9 on block so use it to initiate your own offence and perhaps go for a throw attempt, pretty much all his lows are launch punishable. Bruce has a lot of mids that are -10 to -13 on block so punishing these and using the momentum to setup your own offence is vital in beating him. If he goes into his crouchdash after you block a standing 3, hop kick him. Just going through his movelist in training mode and learning what to punish as with all characters helps tremendously. He is just an all around solid character that can be used in a variety of ways.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I don't really think there is a clear cut way of fighting him. Outside d4, standing 3 range perhaps and look to sidewalk him.

Do not press buttons when he enters passart stance, the 2 is un-interruptable and launches on CH. Remain standing and look out for the low hitting 4. Basically any move that pushes you back on block, it's just best to look to backdash and remain outside d4,standing 3 range. Bruce's moveset is geared towards keepout/looking to catch people coming in and CH launch with b2 and db4 or 4. B2 is -9 on block so use it to initiate your own offence and perhaps go for a throw attempt, pretty much all his lows are launch punishable. Bruce has a lot of mids that are -10 to -13 on block so punishing these and using the momentum to setup your own offence is vital in beating him. If he goes into his crouchdash after you block a standing 3, hop kick him. Just going through his movelist in training mode and learning what to punish as with all characters helps tremendously. He is just an all around solid character that can be used in a variety of ways.
See my thought process is normally: "See a hesitation in a string and poke it or sidestep it." Bruce however, they are just to make you think he's done and he blows you up with the CH.
See you just leveled me up in that MU... simply by your knowledge. I know exactly what i'm going to look for and how to crush it... which is a stepping stone.
Much appreciated.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
tempted to pick up ttt2 again

kinda lost all hope after i attended a tournament and got ran to the ground, i only used spinning demon once and he parried it on the first hit, ducked or parried ALL my ewgfs and im like wtf how am i supposed to win

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
tempted to pick up ttt2 again

kinda lost all hope after i attended a tournament and got ran to the ground, i only used spinning demon once and he parried it on the first hit, ducked or parried ALL my ewgfs and im like wtf how am i supposed to win
Tekken; where characters have 200 moves but can only use 3 or 4.

Get at me online if you want to pick it up, im by no means any good at this point, but youre always online playing MK so you could redeem yourself ;)

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Tekken; where characters have 200 moves but can only use 3 or 4.

Get at me online if you want to pick it up, im by no means any good at this point, but youre always online playing MK so you could redeem yourself ;)
wtf retard, i sent you a msg 5 mins ago

What's she at when she goes into back turn? Is she plus? I fought a good Xiaoyu online the other day and I had trouble figuring out when it was okay to counter poke. She would do some sort of string into back turn and I would just try to jab but my jab would get blown up by some sort of back turn thing.

NKZero

Noob
What's she at when she goes into back turn? Is she plus? I fought a good Xiaoyu online the other day and I had trouble figuring out when it was okay to counter poke. She would do some sort of string into back turn and I would just try to jab but my jab would get blown up by some sort of back turn thing.
Normally on block you should be able to interrupt but I'm only speaking based on Feng experience, plus jabs don't have much range so maybe that's why. If they hit and go into back stance they normally have enough advantage generally to make the next move uninterruptible. I would check out her frame data and see what's up.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
It seems like it.
I started backdashing it and punishing any whiffs or launching the kick they typically try to launch you with.

She is almost as hard to hit as the capos.

I remember tekkentim told me best thing to do against a low stance character was to "jump over them". I have no idea what he meant honestly, I haven't been able to try it either. Though my own character hwoarang has a launch with his back turned (neutral 4) due to one of his stances. I'm guessing that's what he meant.