What's new

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 General Discussion

tempted to pick up ttt2 again

kinda lost all hope after i attended a tournament and got ran to the ground, i only used spinning demon once and he parried it on the first hit, ducked or parried ALL my ewgfs and im like wtf how am i supposed to win
Damn lol. Most players in tekken (tourney scene) know the majority of the cast's strings, and can know when to duck, sidestep, interrupt, or prarry strings that have limited options for max damage. EWGF is also high so it can be ducked punished if someone makes a read for a full combo.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
f,f,d/f~2 its not too hard, just buffer EWGF out of a quick dash.

Try landing his ws2 (+12/13 on hit) into perfect 12/13 frame EWGF high launch.
pewgf is 13f, never 12

f f d f? you mean its not f n d f d f 2?

if thats the case thats what i use already to whiff punish

ws2 as in while standing 2?

what i mostly use to punish jabs is WR 1 2 df 1 2 hellsweep

was about to give up on ttt2 but a pep talk with hidan renewed my interest after he told me about kazuyas dirt

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
pewgf is 13f, never 12

f f d f? you mean its not f n d f d f 2?

if thats the case thats what i use already to whiff punish

ws2 as in while standing 2?

what i mostly use to punish jabs is WR 1 2 df 1 2 hellsweep

was about to give up on ttt2 but a pep talk with hidan renewed my interest after he told me about kazuyas dirt
Kazuyas perfect EWGF has no down input, just f,n,d/f:2 wasnt sure if its 12 or 13 but yeah its 13.

Edit- WS2 is while standing yeah, i think im using the wrong move though as its also his CH D/f+2 which has +13 frames to EWGF them standing, or the juggle flops

You just dash forward with the input for EWGF, ff,n,d/f:2. Same for wavedash, you use the last d/f input of you previous wavedash to initiate the f,n,d/f of the electric.

With kazuya you pretty much just have to work on conditioning your opponent to be fearing you wavedash, once people start to crouch or sidestep your EWGF/Hellsweeps, you can get crouchdash into WS1,2 (twin pistons) or into WS3 which tracks pretty well, otherwise just keep blasting people with mixups, laying on pressure with your close strings, and just EWGF everything else.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Kazuyas perfect EWGF has no down input, just f,n,d/f:2 wasnt sure if its 12 or 13 but yeah its 13.

Edit- WS2 is while standing yeah, i think im using the wrong move though as its also his CH D/f+2 which has +13 frames to EWGF them standing, or the juggle flops

You just dash forward with the input for EWGF, ff,n,d/f:2. Same for wavedash, you use the last d/f input of you previous wavedash to initiate the f,n,d/f of the electric.

With kazuya you pretty much just have to work on conditioning your opponent to be fearing you wavedash, once people start to crouch or sidestep your EWGF/Hellsweeps, you can get crouchdash into WS1,2 (twin pistons) or into WS3 which tracks pretty well, otherwise just keep blasting people with mixups, laying on pressure with your close strings, and just EWGF everything else.
there is nothing to fear from wavedash if you block low, hellsweeps -26 and ewgf is ducked, played a law player offline in a tournament and i got raped a month ago

what do you mean in the wavedash section?

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
there is nothing to fear from wavedash if you block low, hellsweeps -26 and ewgf is ducked, played a law player offline in a tournament and i got raped a month ago

what do you mean in the wavedash section?
You need to practice executing his WS moves out of his wavedashing so people cant just duck or step, you can sidewalk his hellsweeps and EWGF, or duck block like you said, but his hellsweep is kinda a mixup on block anyway with his low and mid followups. WS 1,2 is a mid launcher out of wavedash, and WS+3 is a good homing move to catch sidestep out of wavedash, you can also do a DEWGF to re-align yourself, but good sidestepping can get hard to EWGF.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
You need to practice executing his WS moves out of his wavedashing so people cant just duck or step, you can sidewalk his hellsweeps and EWGF, or duck block like you said, but his hellsweep is kinda a mixup on block anyway with his low and mid followups. WS 1,2 is a mid launcher out of wavedash, and WS+3 is a good homing move to catch sidestep out of wavedash, you can also do a DEWGF to re-align yourself, but good sidestepping can get hard to EWGF.
ewgf tracks kazs left side so it depends on where they sidestep to

his hellsweep aint no mixup unless on whiff, block the first hit and hes launch punishable

i need to learn to ewgf out of a wavedash

as in wave dash and ewgf just as the wavedash animation is about to finish

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
ewgf tracks kazs left side so it depends on where they sidestep to

his hellsweep aint no mixup unless on whiff, block the first hit and hes launch punishable

i need to learn to ewgf out of a wavedash

as in wave dash and ewgf just as the wavedash animation is about to finish
Wavedashing is when you do his f,n,d/f dash multiple times in succession to push really fast towards your opponent, doing EWGF out of this is just about hitting d/f+2 on the same frame, its no biggie.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Wavedashing is when you do his f,n,d/f dash multiple times in succession to push really fast towards your opponent, doing EWGF out of this is just about hitting d/f+2 on the same frame, its no biggie.
i know, i need to practice doing it, i cant do it as fast as sfxt because in sfxt you can just d and f after one dash and you can do it

so a wavedash ewgf is f n d f then during the wavedash f n d f 2 for the ewgf?

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
i know, i need to practice doing it, i cant do it as fast as sfxt because in sfxt you can just d and f after one dash and you can do it

so a wavedash ewgf is f n d f then during the wavedash f n d f 2 for the ewgf?
Yep!
Hows your EWGF from neutral like, if you can consistently do doubles or triples, doing it from wavedash shouldnt be hard to learn, but if it takes 5 goes to see electricity, you need to brush up before you get too deep!

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Yep!
Hows your EWGF from neutral like, if you can consistently do doubles or triples, doing it from wavedash shouldnt be hard to learn, but if it takes 5 goes to see electricity, you need to brush up before you get too deep!
after i picked the game up again a few days ago its 10/10, i never miss it but i cant do a perfect without putting my thumb very awkwardly

right now im practicing the dash ewgf and 3 bar ewgf

btw the use of wavedash ewgf isnt punishing right? seeing as ff ewgf is better and faster

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
after i picked the game up again a few days ago its 10/10, i never miss it but i cant do a perfect without putting my thumb very awkwardly

right now im practicing the dash ewgf and 3 bar ewgf

btw the use of wavedash ewgf isnt punishing right? seeing as ff ewgf is better and faster
Nah but being able to do EWGF from wavedash is for pressure, if you can consistently do EWGF and Twin Pistons out of wavedash youre set.

if someone freezes up against your wavedashing, they cant crouch because WS+1,2 will launch them, they cant stand up because hellsweep/ewgf. Needs to be poked or stepped, so it opens up a huge pressure/mindgames for you just being able to do these moves.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Nah but being able to do EWGF from wavedash is for pressure, if you can consistently do EWGF and Twin Pistons out of wavedash youre set.

if someone freezes up against your wavedashing, they cant crouch because WS+1,2 will launch them, they cant stand up because hellsweep/ewgf. Needs to be poked or stepped, so it opens up a huge pressure/mindgames for you just being able to do these moves.
now i understand, hes a scorpion ala D4/dash +12 on block/hit with a safe on block retractable 13f spear on whiff

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Need to start playing more, I try to avoid going on TZ though because for the most part I can't stand that place. Forums are mostly dead and the amount of downplaying there is in every character forum makes Death's Sonya downplaying look like child's play *looks at Jun forum*

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Need to start playing more, I try to avoid going on TZ though because for the most part I can't stand that place. Forums are mostly dead and the amount of downplaying there is in every character forum makes Death's Sonya downplaying look like child's play *looks at Jun forum*
Jun and Asuka have the BEST whiff punisher in the entire game.... there is no debate. 50% black life drain. Its silly.

But yeah... I only go on TZ to find combo's and such. Everything else I've basically learned through trial and error and lots of newbies just mashing buttons.

I wish you guys were on sexBox :(

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Jun and Asuka have the BEST whiff punisher in the entire game.... there is no debate. 50% black life drain. Its silly.

But yeah... I only go on TZ to find combo's and such. Everything else I've basically learned through trial and error and lots of newbies just mashing buttons.

I wish you guys were on sexBox :(
electric wookie gang fuck would like to have a word with you

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
lol

electrics are awesome... but they don't cover the ground that F2 does. I mean..... all you have to press is F2 and BAM whiff punished. No execution barrier at all.
electrics are completely safe and leave the mishimas where they wanna be, execution is of no consequence when you learn to do these moves, its only a hindrance before theyre muscle memory

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
its not dewgf i actually wanted

its double wavedash to ewgf, im starting to see consistency, i cant decide how to perform the wavedash tho, i constantly switch between f n slide d f or f n press d f at the same time

i use the slide version when im far and the same time version when i want the electric out

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
im thinking of picking up another mishima, cant go solo kaz for ever not to mention any whiff punishing is impossible in sub 3 bar connections

ppl say TTT2 has so good netcode, you bitches on shrooms? only acceptable con is 3+

anyway, ive mastered naked ewgf, d ewgf, ddewgf, sdewgf and will master wavedash ewgf tomorrow because im taking a 2 day break, playing another game + wrist is sore.

considering picking up as a partner to kaz

King/AK
Ancient Ogre
Devil Jin
Jin
Feng
Bruce

I'd add yoshi but i really cant be fucked learning someone like kaz but with stances, like kaz as in a month of work to play at an acceptable lvl, kaz is already keeping me pretty busy

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Kazuya
Likes (+1):
Dislikes (-1): Raven, Eddy
Hates (-2): Lei, Nina, Jin, Heihachi, Lee, Wang, Devil Jin, Zafina, Leo, Lars, Ogre, Jun
If you pair up with another character that likes you, their Netsu will be activated earlier then if you pair them with someone they dislike. Moreover, if you pair them with someone they hate, the Netsu will never activate.
Dont pick any of the Hates ones or you will only get rage off tag-assault combos!