What's new

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 General Discussion

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
What characters have the best mids in the game? Heihachi obviously but who else?

In terms variety of mids, range, damage, hit confirmability into follow-ups, start-up frames, recovery on block (unsafe/safe/"pressure/sidewalk" mids that are + or 0 to -5 on block), frame advantage on hit or knockdown, wallsplat mids, close to OTG and true OTG mids, counter hit properties and tracking?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
What characters have the best mids in the game? Heihachi obviously but who else?

In terms variety of mids, range, damage, hit confirmability into follow-ups, start-up frames, recovery on block (unsafe/safe/"pressure/sidewalk" mids that are + or 0 to -5 on block), frame advantage on hit or knockdown, wallsplat mids, close to OTG and true OTG mids, counter hit properties and tracking?
Kuni's B2, safe on block with push back, anti-side step, wall splat, mid, tracking, knockdown

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
The move would be good if it really was safe or if it was a counter hit launcher. I am in training mode right now with Kuni and it is definitely jab punishable.
it is?
i don't have my tekken with me at the moment, but she has one of the best pokes in the game, i guess her df1, very long reaching as well

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
it is?
i don't have my tekken with me at the moment, but she has one of the best pokes in the game, i guess her df1, very long reaching as well
The forward range is great, 13 frames, -1 on block, 16 pts of dmg, but it doesn't track to her left at all, it has slight tracking to her right and the 3 high hitting launch extension doesn't become natural when the df1 counter hit's. I think it's great that all characters have a 13 frame safe mid that gives their poking/offensive game different properties/setups, but I am mad salty that Kazuya's 13 frame poke (df4) has such bad recovery on block, but then again his df1 at 15 frames is really good. Giving Kazuya a 13 frame mid that's -1 on block would perhaps make him a bit overpowered, considering how good his punishing, movement and ranged tools are. Bruce's standing 3 is great for keep-away and complements his other moves. Lee's df1 crushes highs, Miguel/Heihachi have different extensions of their df1, Bryan's df2 is an elbow etc...

I went through Jaycee's movelist yesterday and was surprised to find out how punishable she was. Might as well go through Kuni's moves now that I already started... oh man does this game consume time if one decides to really go balls deep lol.

SZSR

Noob
Can someone help me? I'm confused with this combo i'm doing with Marshall Law/Eddy.

The input is [Law] df+4, 3; WS+4;b+2, 2 TA! [Eddy] 3, 4 [Law] ff+3

Now i've been doing this like ten times in practice mode and the damage is all over the place, sometimes it's higher 70's but then it is at 100's. Can someone please help me i'm confused....

Pikachu

I Pikachu while you shower.
Can someone help me? I'm confused with this combo i'm doing with Marshall Law/Eddy.

The input is [Law] df+4, 3; WS+4;b+2, 2 TA! [Eddy] 3, 4 [Law] ff+3

Now i've been doing this like ten times in practice mode and the damage is all over the place, sometimes it's higher 70's but then it is at 100's. Can someone please help me i'm confused....
'i'm going to guess clean hit. Last hit has to be meaty for that clean hit.

Well since Tekken Tag 2 is at Evo this year, I'm interested to see how the US/UK does against Korea and Japan. Last time T6 was on the main stage, Nin wasn't there, so it was mostly Americans. I'm pretty sure this year is going to have a lot of competition internationally. I also wonder how solo mode will come into play, considering it may have been allowed in different countries.

I have to say Bryan's risk/reward is considerably higher than most of the cast. I don't think his dmg or anything needs to get nerfed, but sometimes I just have to laugh just like Bryan does when I steal a match with a CH launch or crushing a low on a read/reaction with orbital heel or stuff like that.
I heard they nerfed his jet upper though, which reduced the tracking on it from Tekken 6. He's a very good character at a high level though. So far the balance in this game is pretty good, the lower tier could use some tweaks here and there, but other than that, they are pretty viable via tournament fundamentally.