What's new

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 General Discussion

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Seriously... how do you make people stop mashing ....
I can hang with people who "play" the game... but someone comes at me with fucking 21 21 21 21 2 1 2 1 1 1 1 and then attack after I them just blow me up.
lol don't worry, i don't plan on mashing once i take tekken for real xD, i was never serious with that game before.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Have any of you watched the Tekken takes Tokyo vid that came with the 'We are Tekken' version yet? Some really cool moments of viewing Japanese arcades, the Namco offices, Harada's favourite places and some odd appearances for Capcoms Ono.

Oh I want one of those Hadoken drinks from the Capcom bar!

NKZero

Noob
So basically what you're saying is.

'I want an easy top tier character.'

If thats the case just do it, but it wont matter that much, just pick who you want and practice with them. Its not like MK where you can pick up the hardest characters to use in a single day.
No I didn't say that and I'm aware that most characters are viable but I hear that Raven in particular needs to take a lot of risks and the last thing I need as a beginner is an unsafe character.

Anyways I've decided to slug it out with Bryan and Feng and then Bruce will feature in another team of mine because I really enjoy him.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
I'm not to sure, but I believe it's recorded data form players who played in the arcades. The game reads their tendencies, juggles, pokes, and even setups on occasion, and tries to imitate them. I believe in tekken 6, you could download ghosts from online players as well.

I've been begging that MK10 or injustice has a ghost system, because the AI would be much better. In tekken 6, then game could record your own tendencies as well, and you could even face your own ghost in ghost battle, but I'm not sure it works for TekkenTag 2.

It's almost the equivalent of Reo playing as Kabal, the game records his tendencies and setups (Iagb, percentage of sweeps, dash cancels), and uses it for AI in a continual arcade mode filled with other ghost. The only issue with ghost battle is that the AI doesn't backdash cancel or space. Hope that explains it :REO
thats amazing, i wanna fight myself! you know lately ive been thinking of this concept exactly as you have explained, im happy to find it already exists. its so cool and makes you feel like you are not fighting AI, its good for training

VOR

Noob
I love TTT2 so far, but I'm such a damn noob. No prior tekken exp. just a few soul caliburs, a lil' kof, and MK pretty much. Said fuck it and dropped all other fighters to play ttt2 and mk. I think their skillsets kinda reinforce eachother's if you mentally frame things right. Keeps you tight. Play both.

Flagg

Noob
So basically what you're saying is.

'I want an easy top tier character.'

If thats the case just do it, but it wont matter that much, just pick who you want and practice with them. Its not like MK where you can pick up the hardest characters to use in a single day.
Who are you maining right now?

Is T: DR a good start if you plan on learning TTT2 in the future? That's the only Tekken I have.
Well, Aquasilk (a tourney player who plays at Big 2 on teamspooky's stream), last played Tekken Dr and was still doing his usual combos and setups. So tekken Dr is a good way to brush of some dust. Though tekken 6 is more like Tekkentag 2 when it comes to gameplay mechanics, you can still use DR for learning spacing and basic whiff punishing. :)

I just watched the snoop lion video (don't judge me :() , and I noticed a lot of familiar faces from the FGC, including Justin Wong lol

I KNOCK'EM DOWN :REO

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Is T: DR a good start if you plan on learning TTT2 in the future? That's the only Tekken I have.
DR is solid but the mechanics have changed so much since then, best bet if you don't want to get TTT2 just yet and familiarize yourself is to pick up T6 on the cheap.

No I didn't say that and I'm aware that most characters are viable but I hear that Raven in particular needs to take a lot of risks and the last thing I need as a beginner is an unsafe character.

Anyways I've decided to slug it out with Bryan and Feng and then Bruce will feature in another team of mine because I really enjoy him.
Shut up. This is a terrible excuse for not playing a character.

Anybody playing Steve? How is he in this one? He's one of my favorite Tekken characters.

I'm interested in Steve, Dragunov, and Bruce. Which two would have the best synergy?

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
"Synergy" is more based on how well you flow between the characters as a player.
Whether they like each other or not is really no consequence in the grand scheme of things. You'll be much better if you play who you like rather than trying to "force" a synergy.

"Synergy" is more based on how well you flow between the characters as a player.
Whether they like each other or not is really no consequence in the grand scheme of things. You'll be much better if you play who you like rather than trying to "force" a synergy.
I was thinking that as well. The whole like/dislike factor doesn't seem to have a huge impact. I was thinking more a long the lines of how the characters complement one another, and how one may cover the other's weaknesses.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
They setup the Like/Dislike to keep some of the "better" characters from teaming well and getting Netsu early in a match. Most of the pairs that get early netsu need that to make up the damage and create a fear factor that some characters have on their own.

Bruce Bruce is good, let me tell ya.

Crathen

Death is my business
Oh btw , don't think that tiers don't matter in Tekken because they do , just look at Mishimas , Lars , Asuka , Feng , Bob etc etc will have it WAY easier than Raven , Yoshimitsu or characters generally seen as low tier characters for the simple facts that most of them deal low damage in juggles , one random launcher from Lars could mean over 120 dmg even more in rage.
The random launchers are still strong in this game and you cant deny it especially when a good part of them are safe or just -12/13 , sooo don't you think Tekken as the superextrabalanced game everyone want to think of.

Just saying!

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Oh btw , don't think that tiers don't matter in Tekken because they do , just look at Mishimas , Lars , Asuka , Feng , Bob etc etc will have it WAY easier than Raven , Yoshimitsu or characters generally seen as low tier characters for the simple facts that most of them deal low damage in juggles , one random launcher from Lars could mean over 120 dmg even more in rage.
The random launchers are still strong in this game and you cant deny it especially when a good part of them are safe or just -12/13 , sooo don't you think Tekken as the superextrabalanced game everyone want to think of.

Just saying!
Low Risk High reward.
I feel like sometimes the stages are just too small

Crathen

Death is my business
Low Risk High reward.
I feel like sometimes the stages are just too small
Yeah some are too small but the core thing is that the game mechanics it self allows for an easy comeback , rage and tag crash are huge in this game even if the sidestepping is a little better than t6 , many teams can do 100+ dmg even midscreen IMHO that's huge and you can easily lose a match from a random launcher , tag crash also gives an easier second chance when your back is at the wall , im not saying you should lose a match the moment your back is at the wall but sometimes tag crash is the easy way out and it's just a little part of the game

NKZero

Noob
DR is solid but the mechanics have changed so much since then, best bet if you don't want to get TTT2 just yet and familiarize yourself is to pick up T6 on the cheap.

Shut up. This is a terrible excuse for not playing a character.
Ok. For you maybe. Not me.