What's new

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 General Discussion

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
The ai in ttt2 between easy and ultra hard doesn't seem any different to me lol and I still can't find a damn match!
if you're playing on ghost battle mode then that's why the difficulty doesn't matter

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Taking this game seriously. (add me!)

I feel like I'm still not at the level where I understand why I'm losing a lot of the time, though
Its happening to a lot of players, don't worry about it. I've grinded DR and T6 for the longest time, with a solid record in both and most of the time I still can't work out why I lose in this game when I do. Probably vitality management. The more the merrier though :)

is devil Jin in it?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Does the pope shit in the woods? It's more a question of which characters AREN'T in it at this point :p

how's the ghost Battle work anyway? Does it just play to my skill?
Ghost battle is like a continual arcade mode in which you fight AI that has mimicked other players playstyles, pokes, strings, and juggles. It's starts of easy. As you play on, you get ranked up, and the AI gets better after each promotion (regardless of the difficulty setting, the AI difficulty will increase). It's a pretty good mode for beginners, though I'm pretty sure vets of this game beat the AI no problem.

It's the equivalant of Tom Brady playing sub zero. Then the game mimicks his juggles (even the percentage that he drops them), block strings (like subzeros b212, 224 ice clone), and pokes (d4 into iceclone), and what he does usually to start the match. You then play this ghost, along with many other players ghost (foxy grampa, 16bit, Ltbox, for examples) through a continual arcade, getting ranked up based on the number of times you win and win percentage; the AI continually getting harder and bringing higher ranked ghost the more you win.

So yeah , that's it in a nut shell :REO

~NAKM~

Tekken, SF4: AE, BB: CP, and Persona 4: Arena
if you want to learn the game... play people who are WAY up in the rankings.

the first few dans... people just mash out shit randomly, so you can't get any type of read and you HAVE to play to blow up the randomness.
Don't always rely on a player's rank to determine their knowledge in the game. Shit, I already heard rumors of people boosting themselves somehow. Shit is like MKA all over again. UGH! >_>

Wow I've been using hwoarang and his Just Frame Sky Rocket(similar to EWGF) is hard as hell to do. Though I can do it easier in left stance, regualr stance is fustrating. I can only get 1/50 attemtps.

Edit: Okay I just got it a couple of times, it looks like you have to input 4 early (like by a frame) then df. Still can't do it consistently :(

Here's what it looks like:

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Don't always rely on a player's rank to determine their knowledge in the game. Shit, I already heard rumors of people boosting themselves somehow. Shit is like MKA all over again. UGH! >_>
Rumors? It happens every game. It isn't surprising anymore.

~NAKM~

Tekken, SF4: AE, BB: CP, and Persona 4: Arena
Wow I've been using hwoarang and his Just Frame Sky Rocket(same motion as EWGF) is hard as hell to do. Though I can do it easier in left stance, regualr stance is fustrating. I can only get 1/50 attemtps.

Edit: Okay I just got it a couple of times, it looks like you have to input 4 early (like by a frame) then df. Still can't do it consistently :(

Here's what it looks like:

I'm on the same boat. I can do JFSR easily when I'm in RFF, but if I'm in LFF, it comes as regular SR.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
Bruce's wavedash/crouchdash follow-ups are lethal. If someone is ignorant enough to crouch and not pull off low parries (dat standing d4 omnomnom) it's boom into the mid uppercut launcher. The left hand clinch wavedash follow-up multithrow is easy to execute by just putting 1+4 and 3+2 inputs into r1 and r2. All you have to do is 1+4 after wavedash, once the clinch is initiated you can just mash the hell out of r1 and r2 simultaneously. Left unteched, executing all the knee hits of the multithrow racks 85 pts of damage.

Bruce seems like an overall rock solid do-it-all character with easy execution and fairly safe moves, he isn't overpowered though, not if you compare him to someone like Lars. Bob and Steve are good, but Lars is definitely the go-to character for tier whores.

NKZero

Noob
Bruce's wavedash/crouchdash follow-ups are lethal. If someone is ignorant enough to crouch and not pull off low parries (dat standing d4 omnomnom) it's boom into the mid uppercut launcher. The left hand clinch wavedash follow-up multithrow is easy to execute by just putting 1+4 and 3+2 inputs into r1 and r2. All you have to do is 1+4 after wavedash, once the clinch is initiated you can just mash the hell out of r1 and r2 simultaneously. Left unteched, executing all the knee hits of the multithrow racks 85 pts of damage.

Bruce seems like an overall rock solid do-it-all character with easy execution and fairly safe moves, he isn't overpowered though, not if you compare him to someone like Lars. Bob and Steve are good, but Lars is definitely the go-to character for tier whores.
What is he like as a team character? Meaning TA fillers, general damage, who does he complement etc. I'm thinking of a Bruce/Feng partnership....what are your thoughts?

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
What is he like as a team character? Meaning TA fillers, general damage, who does he complement etc. I'm thinking of a Bruce/Feng partnership....what are your thoughts?
Lol I am a noob to Tekken, but what I have picked up about the game is that Feng is kinda like Jinpachi by being really solid defensively. I feel like Bruce complements him nicely. Knees and elbows cannot be parried, his jab string goes into low-mid mixups and he has fast lows and mids with good range for poking and small punishes, his mids have good recovery on block and are hard to even jab punish. I feel he can play either defence or offence. The only bad thing about Bruce is that his high and low crush moves are slow, I am not sure if fu3 (super fast forward lunging, mid knee) or fu3+4 are a low crush moves, but his fu1(?) (jumping mid elbow) is slow and his high-crushing df3,1 is very slow, heavily telegraphed (u see the move coming and hear Bruce grunting in the same way every time) and punishable and really only usable after counter hit crumples and wall splats, I have yet to remember and use his and Jinpachis entire move list though. To make up for his shitty crush moves Bruce has a high teep kick and a couple of sway kicks and a couple of somewhat useful sidestep moves. Bruce can basically do the same easy combos of off every launcher, my best atm is 79(?) (bf4 - f4,3,4 into passart stance f1 - b2) the dmg was 74(?) with this combo from his godlike wavedash df2 mid launcher. Off of every launcher (he has a basic uppercut and a hop kick too) and counter hit you should be able to get at least 50 easily. He had some 80+ combos too in the sample combo demos. Jinpachi has a devastating oki game and high dmg of off wall splats, I feel like Bruce is not as good in this area of the game. If you get cornered as Bruce you can reverse the situation by putting your opponent against the wall with the wavedash clinch-throws. I don't remember using his homing moves but if I recall correctly his homing mid kick had more range, but was considerably slower than Jinpachis b2.

I don't know anything about TA fillers. I have only practiced with Bruce and Jinpachi by doing their individual combos. Bruce is definitely a good character to complement defensive characters, because not only does he have good launchers, pokes and mix-ups, he can play defensively as well if one favours that sort of playstyle over rushdown. That wavedash df2 mid is a godlike launcher, u see someone blocking low, u throw it out immediately and make em' suffer.

NKZero

Noob
Lol I am a noob to Tekken, but what I have picked up about the game is that Feng is kinda like Jinpachi by being really solid defensively. I feel like Bruce complements him nicely. Knees and elbows cannot be parried, his jab string goes into low-mid mixups and he has fast lows and mids with good range for poking and small punishes, his mids have good recovery on block and are hard to even jab punish. I feel he can play either defence or offence. The only bad thing about Bruce is that his high and low crush moves are slow, I am not sure if fu3 (super fast forward lunging, mid knee) or fu3+4 are a low crush moves, but his fu1(?) (jumping mid elbow) is slow and his high-crushing df3,1 is very slow, heavily telegraphed (u see the move coming and hear Bruce grunting in the same way every time) and punishable and really only usable after counter hit crumples and wall splats, I have yet to remember and use his and Jinpachis entire move list though. To make up for his shitty crush moves Bruce has a high teep kick and a couple of sway kicks and a couple of somewhat useful sidestep moves. Bruce can basically do the same easy combos of off every launcher, my best atm is 79(?) (bf4 - f4,3,4 into passart stance f1 - b2) the dmg was 74(?) with this combo from his godlike wavedash df2 mid launcher. Off of every launcher (he has a basic uppercut and a hop kick too) and counter hit you should be able to get at least 50 easily. He had some 80+ combos too in the sample combo demos. Jinpachi has a devastating oki game and high dmg of off wall splats, I feel like Bruce is not as good in this area of the game. If you get cornered as Bruce you can reverse the situation by putting your opponent against the wall with the wavedash clinch-throws. I don't remember using his homing moves but if I recall correctly his homing mid kick had more range, but was considerably slower than Jinpachis b2.

I don't know anything about TA fillers. I have only practiced with Bruce and Jinpachi by doing their individual combos. Bruce is definitely a good character to complement defensive characters, because not only does he have good launchers, pokes and mix-ups, he can play defensively as well if one favours that sort of playstyle over rushdown. That wavedash df2 mid is a godlike launcher, u see someone blocking low, u throw it out immediately and make em' suffer.
Well the one thing I constantly hear is that Bruce has good wall carry. So that would help you if you are telling me that Jinpachi has a good oki game (which is always strengthened in the corner) in addition to his wall splat high damage. So you are right in comparing Feng to Jinpachi because Feng has a very good oki game (tonne of tech traps) and he does decent damage at the wall. Feng TA! into Bruce will bring someone to the corner and allow me to go ham with Feng in the corner.

Thank you for this large write-up man. Wasn't expecting that :D. I'll be practicing with Bruce a lot now and try to develop this team. Good luck to the both of us with similar-minded teams.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
Well the one thing I constantly hear is that Bruce has good wall carry. So that would help you if you are telling me that Jinpachi has a good oki game (which is always strengthened in the corner) in addition to his wall splat high damage. So you are right in comparing Feng to Jinpachi because Feng has a very good oki game (tonne of tech traps) and he does decent damage at the wall. Feng TA! into Bruce will bring someone to the corner and allow me to go ham with Feng in the corner.

Thank you for this large write-up man. Wasn't expecting that :D. I'll be practicing with Bruce a lot now and try to develop this team. Good luck to the both of us with similar-minded teams.
Bruce has good wall carry. If I remember correctly, ending combos with a bound move prevents tech rolling, right? I don't remember... cuz tech rolled, wake-up attacked or whatever I go apeshit/berserk mode with Jinpachi whenever I score a knockdown :D playing as Jinpachi is so hype cuz if they block his lows and some of his mids it's at least a pressure reversal if not a launcher punish, but if they don't it's most of the time a knockdown or massive advantage on hit, b3 otg mid (or lows like bd3 or bd2, whatever) allows the use of his slower moves. B3 mid initiates his 10 hit combo and has pushback on block to push the opponent just outside jab range which is good because a good way to avoid getting slaughtered by Jinpachi is to mash out jab strings to avoid his close range mixups. Oh boy if I ever get good in this game it would be so sweet to punish jab combo happy people with while rising 2 into full combo or his his punch parry that probably gives a wall splat due to it's powerful impact. B2 counter hits give me a hard on already :D

CRUM

Noob
I sat in my car in the parking lot of a best buy today contemplating if Tekken was worth 60 dollars for a half hour. Ultimately I said no. I have no previous Tekken experience and I feel that the cluster of characters would only confuse me more. I still want to get it though. I was really confused b

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
I sat in my car in the parking lot of a best buy today contemplating if Tekken was worth 60 dollars for a half hour. Ultimately I said no. I have no previous Tekken experience and I feel that the cluster of characters would only confuse me more. I still want to get it though. I was really confused b
Playing TTT2 feels like a massive relief after dealing with all the counterpicking and lag tactic bullshit in MK9. I never had an offline scene so I depended on playing with 1-10 players online. Tekken is actually playable online. All this talk about levelling up, mu knowledge and footsies and shit is hilarious, cuz in comparison with Tekken there are little to no footsies to be played in MK9 when you have fullscreen armored dash cancellable launchers and, for example, anyway you cut it, Kung Lao's spin being a launcher, easy mode aa and faster than 99 % of jabs in the game is retarded, even though the move is full combo punishable. As much as I loved my time with MK9 I am done and switching to TTT2. The amount of tools and the depth in this game is so sweet. You have a ton of options, I mean come on, how do initiate offence with Jax, you mash out f4,1 every time and then you choose between a handful of other moves or repeat into special cancel or finishing the string. I am not hating on MK but I let my prejudices about other fighting games prevent me from playing them and now I definitely feel like TTT2 is the superior, better designed and more entertaining game. Any character is practically viable due to their amount of tools and due to the high execution and knowledge that comes with playing even a single character to their fullest potential you are most likely not going to get counterpicked.