What's new

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 General Discussion

Crathen

Death is my business
Have you tried taunt into jet upper? I sincerely hope you can do it/have the patience to work on it. I LOVE Bryan but if I cannot nail down a core part of his gameplay I have no choice but to leave him on the side for now.
I've mained Bryan since T5 and i could do Taunt JU pretty consistently in t5-t6br ( like 7 outta 10 , not bragging ) , now although taunt is still +16 i can't land it one time and i swear im trying hard , i've seen Knee do it but that's on the arcade version of it dunno what's going on... anyways don't let that distract you from using Bryan , 95% of the time you don't want to taunt since he can't set it up anymore in juggles vs techrolls ( that's because the tracking nerf on the taunt ) while still you can easily practice these options if u manage to hit a taunt: pisseasy 14 for frame advantage and small damage / supereasy d/f 21 for 32 dmg and f214 ( you can get used to the timing with practice ) for 50+ damage and a far knockdown , there's also b4 wich is a just frame and grants a free ff2 anywhere on the screen and at the wall you can also JU for free on hit.

Oh and Lars is one if not the most useful tag character , he's extremely versatile in combos and he always ups the damage in every team and has very good tools himself ( aswell being not heavy on execution ) , look into him if ya want.

Oh and to whoever talked Dragunov...he's good as a defensive character but he's more of a oki oriented character with some good tools to take the advantage like iWR2 , d1 , b1+2 and d2

NKZero

Noob
I've mained Bryan since T5 and i could do Taunt JU pretty consistently in t5-t6br ( like 7 outta 10 , not bragging ) , now although taunt is still +16 i can't land it one time and i swear im trying hard , i've seen Knee do it but that's on the arcade version of it dunno what's going on... anyways don't let that distract you from using Bryan , 95% of the time you don't want to taunt since he can't set it up anymore in juggles vs techrolls ( that's because the tracking nerf on the taunt ) while still you can easily practice these options if u manage to hit a taunt: pisseasy 14 for frame advantage and small damage / supereasy d/f 21 for 32 dmg and f214 ( you can get used to the timing with practice ) for 50+ damage and a far knockdown , there's also b4 wich is a just frame and grants a free ff2 anywhere on the screen and at the wall you can also JU for free on hit.

Oh and Lars is one if not the most useful tag character , he's extremely versatile in combos and he always ups the damage in every team and has very good tools himself ( aswell being not heavy on execution ) , look into him if ya want.
So if I want to be good at this game with Bryan it isn't essential to know the Taunt JU?

Crathen

Death is my business
Hell no , he never was dependent on Taunt or Taunt JU , even the best korean players screw it up or get punished for trying to approach with Taunt feints , taunt is a plus on his overall game , if u get taunt f214 you're good to go

NKZero

Noob
Hell no , he never was dependent on Taunt or Taunt JU , even the best korean players screw it up or get punished for trying to approach with Taunt feints , taunt is a plus on his overall game , if u get taunt f214 you're good to go
What's the notation for that?

Flagg

Noob
You do realize backflips have been around since Tekken 3 right? lol.. Hell I think Lee had one in Tekken 1.

I dont mean off the floor, standing up. For instance, Bruce can ub 1+2 and he will back flip away. I'm sure I managed a simlar backflip with Nina but maybe im tired.

I really enjoy Bruce so I think I'll pair him up with Feng and see how it goes. Is his Pasart stance any useful?
Off pasart you can low kick, if you want to carry on pressure, he also can high punch afterwards, or back elbow (which you can follow up with a delayed attack), or you can hit f1 afterwards, which is a knock down but allows you to hit his B2 otg attack for extra damage.

Bruce can pasart off of 124, or db34 and 1, 4. He might even have another one. he has some decent crumple moves as well, like B1+2, d34F and 4F. Back 1+2 is also a spin but I cant remember which direction he spins on.

Crathen

Death is my business
NKZero Simply f214 , just taunt and when the knee is about to hit him go for f214 it's 15 frames but it's on button so it's way easier than Ju or b4 , if you get a 4 hit combo it connected , btw do think about what TV / Monitor are u using because even 1 frame lag fucks up taunt timings , that's my biggest issue as a bryan player when going to tournaments since i have a lagless asus at home and tournaments easily have laggy setups ffs

NKZero

Noob
Crathen you've been very helpful and re-assuring so thank you very much. I know this is a dumbass question but what is the purpose of the taunt? Like how does it work and when should you use it in general? Last question....promise :)

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
so anyways...before i go an spend 60 on tt2, should i get tekken 6 to try and warm up to the gameplay style first? the training modes for tekken are really good right?

Crathen

Death is my business
NKZero well the taunt in TTT2 is best used when the opponent is hesitating too much and he's pretty much blocking standing there or he's at the wall and he's scared of a possible wallsplat , it's always a mindgame ( unlike T6 where you could setup a 50/50 midscreen with !B uf3 dash in / wall !B ws34 and the opponent had to choose between guaranteed oki damage ( even a refloat juggle midscreen ) or techrolling and getting hit by the taunt if correctly read ) so it depends on wild reads , best use of it is at the wall , midscreen is usually way too risky so don't try to use it 90% of the time...fundamentals first.

Oh and a friendly reminder....USE DF3 ( the sweep with following juggle ) 1 out 500 times because it's a very seeable low in an offline setting and is easy launch punish , bryans main lows are db3 , d4 and that's it , it will increase your fundamentals over time i assure you.

so anyways...before i go an spend 60 on tt2, should i get tekken 6 to try and warm up to the gameplay style first? the training modes for tekken are really good right?
Nah just get TTT2 , T6 training mode is okayish at best but if u already have t6 then it's good to get a feeling at the engine but i warn ya TTT2 engine is kinda different from 6

NKZero

Noob
NKZero well the taunt in TTT2 is best used when the opponent is hesitating too much and he's pretty much blocking standing there or he's at the wall and he's scared of a possible wallsplat , it's always a mindgame ( unlike T6 where you could setup a 50/50 midscreen with !B uf3 dash in / wall !B ws34 and the opponent had to choose between guaranteed oki damage ( even a refloat juggle midscreen ) or techrolling and getting hit by the taunt if correctly read ) so it depends on wild reads , best use of it is at the wall , midscreen is usually way too risky so don't try to use it 90% of the time...fundamentals first.

Oh and a friendly reminder....USE DF3 ( the sweep with following juggle ) 1 out 500 times because it's a very seeable low in an offline setting and is easy launch punish , bryans main lows are db3 , d4 and that's it , it will increase your fundamentals over time i assure you.
Thanks a lot. I'll practice some more tomorrow. Try and get that F214 off the taunt and otherwise just focus on his other attacks and building him up in general.

where does ghost data come from
I'm not to sure, but I believe it's recorded data form players who played in the arcades. The game reads their tendencies, juggles, pokes, and even setups on occasion, and tries to imitate them. I believe in tekken 6, you could download ghosts from online players as well.

I've been begging that MK10 or injustice has a ghost system, because the AI would be much better. In tekken 6, then game could record your own tendencies as well, and you could even face your own ghost in ghost battle, but I'm not sure it works for TekkenTag 2.

It's almost the equivalent of Reo playing as Kabal, the game records his tendencies and setups (Iagb, percentage of sweeps, dash cancels), and uses it for AI in a continual arcade mode filled with other ghost. The only issue with ghost battle is that the AI doesn't backdash cancel or space. Hope that explains it :REO

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Oh and to whoever talked Dragunov...he's good as a defensive character but he's more of a oki oriented character with some good tools to take the advantage like iWR2 , d1 , b1+2 and d2
I agree that Dragunov is solid. Too bad nothing nothing is guaranteed after while running + 2 any more.

I remember Tekken 6.0...

You could do so many d+2s because everyone was scared out of their mind to crouch. LOL.

Crathen

Death is my business
m2dave Lol @T6.0 Dragunov iWR2 launching on normal hit was godlike... good times lol ( well it still launches on CH so i'm not complaining too much ) , i'd love for it to not be backroll-able on normal hit granting at least a stomp , well at least he got some buffs in TTT2 his f3 now can be cancelled into the crouch dash ( wich can be cancelled with an Up motion ) so now he has a really good wallcarry and better damage midscreen , he got a new homing move 1+2 wich he can go for a tackle afterwards and on hit it should be uninterruptable ( they can break the tackle ofc ) , too bad his tackle game didn't get buffs i'd love it to be on marduks level

Yeah, it's very similar with mechanics to tekken 6, but there are diferences as well. I'd say it would be best to warmp up in tekkentag2 though, game looks georgeos. And yeah, it has a very good practice mode :)

who'd be a good character to start out with in tekken 6?
I'm not sure, but I hear bryan is a good beginners character. There are some posts already made from before that discuss this. It really depends on your style of play to be honest.

Any tips for a scrub Lars? I really like him, but I suck at this game right now lol.
I haven no idea, but the best way to get an idea of how to play him is to watch high level play of the character. See which moves they use and for what reason (keep out moves, movement restriction moves, juggles, pokes), just to give an idea of how to play the character. Here's a vid of some gameplay of lars hope it helps:

Though I'm pretty sure some tekken veterans can on this site can help you out. :tonyt

London Lust

Lagleena Player
Now if I were to get this game, I think I'd play Hwoarang and that retarded kangaroo boxer.

I'm sure it can't be too hard though. I picked up SCV very smooooothly.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
STB CharlieMurphy I have no interest in Dragunov nor Paul. Bruce sounds good especially if his juggle ability is good. If I cannot play with King, I simply refuse to even try Armor King. I would be dishonouring one of my favourite Tekken characters.

I have some interest in Raven....but I hear he isn't too good.
So basically what you're saying is.

'I want an easy top tier character.'

If thats the case just do it, but it wont matter that much, just pick who you want and practice with them. Its not like MK where you can pick up the hardest characters to use in a single day.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Eddie was always fun in TT1 lol, but i still didnt actually know how to play him, i just mashed 34343434343434343434 xD

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Seriously... how do you make people stop mashing ....
I can hang with people who "play" the game... but someone comes at me with fucking 21 21 21 21 2 1 2 1 1 1 1 and then attack after I them just blow me up.