What's new

Combo List - Tanya Tanya Combo Thread

delbuster

hungry
a lot of naginata combos are floating around starting with 5 jumpins (ji2 d2-f2 ji2 d2-f2 ji2) and it is funny but also i don't think all that practical.

kruderf

Noob
This combo is a little more practical I think but she's still going to be execution heavy if you want bigger damage.

JiP > 4 > DF3 > D2 > D2 > JiP > 2U3 > (Run Cancel) > 4 > EXDF3 > 4 > DF3 > NJP > 34 > BF2 (44% Midscreen Corner Carry)

You can replace the beginning of the combo with f2 at the expense of 2%

Last edited:

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
ok maybe PC Tanya is different (pyro dust is confirmed to be +8 instead of -4).
I can't get 112 df3 j1, like it works but the link is tighter than a nun's butthole wtf. I get it once every 20 tries and that's with mashing the living shit of j1.Same with f2 df3 j1. i'm using Naginata btw.
Is it that tight on console as well? coz if not maybe I'm wasting my time..

infamy23

FireBeard
a lot of naginata combos are floating around starting with 5 jumpins (ji2 d2-f2 ji2 d2-f2 ji2) and it is funny but also i don't think all that practical.
Agreed. I'm not interested in anything that starts with Ji2.

However, I've noticed that because of her exceptional mobility, it is quite easy to land a raw AirD2 on someone, which converts into an easy 41% damage.

For example, you react to someone's projectile start up, teleport D2xF2 D2xF2 Ji1 2U3 RUN 34 EXDF3 Nj1 RUN 24 DB4 (41%)

I've been landing that combo consistently on people.

infamy23

FireBeard
Lol no shit but it's not working when I hit it after the teleport, I've gotten to work 4/50 tries maybe so I know it's possible. Just crazy tight window.
Who are you doing it on?

I can do it 100% of the time on Kotal Kahn. But I've never gotten it on Sonya or Kenshi for example.

soupofkings

Bug Waifu is Best Waifu
Okay, here's what I've figured out about the 112 xx Tele j1 link. Depending on the opponent's hurtbox, it seems like you need very specific spacing/timing to hit the link. For a while, I thought it just didn't work on Sub-Zero, and when i try to do it raw, I can never hit it. HOWEVER, if you can figure out certain setups, you may be able to do it much more consistently. Against Sub-Zero, if I combo into an EX df1, crossup j1, 112 xx tele, I can hit the link almost every time. I'm assuming that this setup puts me at a favorable distance to land the link on Sub-Zero's hurtbox and I'll have to try it with other characters. Against Ferra//Torr, for instance, since his hurtbox is so tall (and more importantly, wide at the top) I can land 112 xx tele j1 almost every time no problem from any distance. I'll try other setups and other characters and see what else I can find out.

infamy23

FireBeard
Okay, here's what I've figured out about the 112 xx Tele j1 link. Depending on the opponent's hurtbox, it seems like you need very specific spacing/timing to hit the link. For a while, I thought it just didn't work on Sub-Zero, and when i try to do it raw, I can never hit it. HOWEVER, if you can figure out certain setups, you may be able to do it much more consistently. Against Sub-Zero, if I combo into an EX df1, crossup j1, 112 xx tele, I can hit the link almost every time. I'm assuming that this setup puts me at a favorable distance to land the link on Sub-Zero's hurtbox and I'll have to try it with other characters. Against Ferra//Torr, for instance, since his hurtbox is so tall (and more importantly, wide at the top) I can land 112 xx tele j1 almost every time no problem from any distance.
^ Yep, exactly. I just noticed the same thing.

It only works on Sub in very specific situations. If you just do it normally it's impossible.

Really easy on tall characters though.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
PYROMANCER

With DF2 activated you can
go for B312 for 23% (26% with JiP)
....but its better 34-DB1 for 25%. (27% with JiP)
and also F3charged-F2-DB1 28%

Last edited:

big j gleez

Mains: Not Sure Right Now ...
This is just a quick montage I made of basic to medium level skill combos in her Kobu Jutsu variation.

Trying it on Subs, so it's character specific? maaan DN isn't about practical combos from the looks of it..
If you're using Naginata then you can link the d2 pogo instead of the ji1 after the teleport. It's a lot easier, and there are some combos with it in this thread. People need to stop wasting their time with these impractical jump in combos.