What's new

Superman General Discussion Thread

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
I don't think she can punish with catdash, definitely not the MB one anyways but why wouldn't you mb it against her.
If she just sits there and evades, she gets her scratches up and then start her plus frames stuff
Oh, you mean evade as in her parry evade. I thought you meant just generally dodging the lasers by ducking/jumping.

Looking back on this I think it is time for me to use the sleeps

Last edited:

gibster13

A fan of fans
Tip :)

Get into the habit of doing b3 combos in the corner not f3

Example:

F23 4 3 3 db2mb b3 j2/3 3 db2 (about 480-500dmg) *j2 is way easier to land than j3 as the second breath will somtimes miss*

Doing this is more dmg than:

F23 4 3 3 db2mb f3 3 db2

———

Not a massive dmg increase but it will all add up.

Tweedy

Noob
I don't think people really care about ranked tho. I just play it because I have a hard time getting matches with the people I have added, with my current schedule.

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
I don't think people really care about ranked tho. I just play it because I have a hard time getting matches with the people I have added, with my current schedule.
Do you still get matched with noobs at that rank? Or basically only top 100

Tweedy

Noob
Do you still get matched with noobs at that rank? Or basically only top 100
Yeah you still get matched with whoever. It probably prioritizes higher ranked people if they're searching, but if they aren't it'll keep going down until you get someone. I rarely get like profile level 20-30 people but it happens.

gibster13

A fan of fans
Although I think Catwoman vs Supes is a 7-3, I feel there a ways to deal with her.

I have a video showing all the stuff she somehow low profiles and how to sort of deal with her.

Probs come out within a couple days

MGTarkus

Kohustle
I'll post a quick mu chart(just my opinion m8s). Not gonna explain any of them but if you want to ask me about one then i'll respond with specifics.

Gonna use percentage because I believe a lot of these match ups are not exactly even stevens, but they're not all like 6-4 or 4-6 or 7-3 etc. First number is the percentage of Superman's favor, 2nd is there's.

Hellboy 55-45

Sub Zero 45-55

Swamp Thing 65-35

Cyborg 45-55 possibly worse for Superman but there's no optimal hitbox borgs

Catwoman 30-70

Flash 50-50

Green Lantern 60-40

Harley Quinn 50-50

Batman 45-55

Red Hood 50-50

Joker 50-50

Atrocitus 55-45

Grodd 60-40

Cheetah 50-50

Deadshot idk but Deadshot probably doesn't do well now

Posion Ivy 60-40 possibly worse for Ivy

Starfire 50-50

Black Manta 55-45

Supergirl 50-50 maybe Superman advantage but supergirl can play really lame and do well

Green Arrow 55-45

Dr Fate 50-50 assuming this is someone who has optimal red ankh conversions

Blue Beetle 50-50 assuming this is high level trait Beetle

Firestorm I really don't know now. I thought Superman advantage before but I need to play the new one more.

Aquaman 60-40

Black Canary 50-50

Darkseid 45-55

Wonder Woman 40-60

Black Adam 40-60

Captain Cold 60-40

Robin 60-40

Scarecrow 50-50

Bane 50-50

Brainiac 50-50

Raiden 60-40
Would you explain more in depth what makes bane 50/50 and brainiac a 50/50? I personally think Adam is a 5-5 I've never struggle to hard it's always felt very even and competitive. And I think dark sied is closer to a 5-5 or is in supes favor as well ill explain if you'd like. Thanks and merry Christmas/ happy holidays p.s idk what it is but we both played Kenshi and we both play supes (there was another coincidence can't remember it tho) and I just wanna say extra thanks because you have been a big help to me leveling up and getting as good as I am, your very open about tech and you help out where and when you can. Gg

Cursa

He has more than just f23 :O

But srsly, I only use that once in a blue moon.
It could be argued as being his most useful tool though. Like all his tools are super good, but F23 is F23.

Live it. Love it. Breathe it.

gibster13

A fan of fans
F23 is love and life, forcing Theo to make merch.

Even though I feel it’s wrong that he has only one useful string (it can be argued some are useful but lbh, they’re not that great) because f23 is so good I don’t mind it

Cursa

F23 is love and life, forcing Theo to make merch.

Even though I feel it’s wrong that he has only one useful string (it can be argued some are useful but lbh, they’re not that great) because f23 is so good I don’t mind it
I think most of his strings serve some use. Pretty much every character has at least one bad string, it's just that F23 is like amazeballs, especially for superman's kit with how his trait and frost breath work.

gibster13

A fan of fans
I think most of his strings serve some use. Pretty much every character has at least one bad string, it's just that F23 is like amazeballs, especially for superman's kit with how his trait and frost breath work.
I think he would be arse if they touched f23 and that to me, shows me he is little without

Cursa

I think he would be arse if they touched f23 and that to me, shows me he is little without
I would imagine so since it's pretty much his best footsie tool by far. I wouldn't be surprised if superman was left untouched for the rest of the game's life. He's a super balanced character I think.

gibster13

A fan of fans
I would imagine so since it's pretty much his best footsie tool by far. I wouldn't be surprised if superman was left untouched for the rest of the game's life. He's a super balanced character I think.
I don’t think he needs touched at all too, one wrong move and it’s game over

Cursa

I don’t think he needs touched at all too, one wrong move and it’s game over
It's actually pretty funny I find, since nearly every character is like this for the most part. I've always been thinking about changes that some characters might need, but it becomes easy to see how even tiny changes at this point in the game's life could prove to be pretty major.

gibster13

A fan of fans
Greetings my fellow Kryptonians,

Below if a video of me vs an insane cat woman player, he is only level 4 because he is using his friends, account. I will give my tips of the matchup and they are also in the description.

I have the timing of each swell, better to watch the video obs haha

0:18 Zone this bitch out, it't tough because of evade but worth it.

0:30 F23xx4 Pressure doesn't really work because her backdash low profiles everything, I forget this and get blow up by her whiff punish of my 2nd f23.

0:44 Evade this, slut

0:56 I hate her backdash

1:11 Baiting the evade, punish with f23

1:46 look at this b3 low profiling underneath my f2...plz

3:58 seeing if he takes bait to my throw baits

5:00 for the f23xx4 pressure her, I read the backdash and try to chase. Doesn't matter if I don't open her up, I am still in control

5:02 Don't be a pussy to not spend 2 bars on a bounce cancel, he builds it back quickly and it's more plus for us! I read her backdash and catch with a f23

7:04 tried to bait and punish her b3 lol....then i realised it fucking full screen

The rest of the video I don't want to spoil, but It is all about the mind games with trait and patience imo

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
Don't forget that bf3 knocks Catwoman out of all of her low profiles. Don't ask me how it can be evaded by ducking but not low profiling.

I like to follow up f23xxtrait with bf3 on read to catch backdashes, which Catwoman players love to do after trait.

gibster13

A fan of fans
Don't forget that bf3 knocks Catwoman out of all of her low profiles. Don't ask me how it can be evaded by ducking but not low profiling.

I like to follow up f23xxtrait with bf3 on read to catch backdashes, which Catwoman players love to do after trait.
Ye, that is in the video at one point.

Its funny how it hits her when its a high, yet f2, a mid, whiffs