What's new

Superman General Discussion Thread

Parasurama

Dragon
Ye, that is in the video at one point.

Its funny how it hits her when its a high, yet f2, a mid, whiffs
When I was labbing against Cheetah for a tournament before the patch of bf3 - I found that it couldnt be low profiled and was a perfect mid. Too bad it was nerfed. It is nice to hear that it still has anti low profile qualities.

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
Ikr, I hate it. But the dude didn't adapt to me adapting to him. It is what supes has to do, just play neutral lol.
I always get so salty over those sorts of things for some reason, like getting opened by a Batman because he does his J2 for the 37th time after I anti-aired him the last 36 times. And then I get put in the blender.

But anyways, for just flash in general, he has a pretty chunky amount of bad matchups, but there's VERY few characters, if any, who stop him from doing what he does once he gets in your face. As soon as he's standing like right next to you, you're playing his game pretty much.

I always get so salty over those sorts of things for some reason, like getting opened by a Batman because he does his J2 for the 37th time after I anti-aired him the last 36 times. And then I get put in the blender.

But anyways, for just flash in general, he has a pretty chunky amount of bad matchups, but there's VERY few characters, if any, who stop him from doing what he does once he gets in your face. As soon as he's standing like right next to you, you're playing his game pretty much.
That's why I say matchups don't really matter for Canary and Flash, because if you get in with them, they beat everybody

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
That's why I say matchups don't really matter for Canary and Flash, because if you get in with them, they beat everybody
I think another big one is that projectile parry allows him to wait out the fullscreen game pretty well if he has the life lead.

Where a life lead for flash is you guessed wrong or he landed a good jump in into trait combo

gibster13

A fan of fans
I think that f3 mixups are a huge part of supes' game in the corner.

A deep j2 into f3 jails, literally nothing they can do. From here:

I go into f23 pressure, e.g. throw baits and shit.
Throw bait
throw

It's unreal imo

Never see anyone else do it, so wondering why ppl don't..

Obs somtimes I max on dmg

Parasurama

Dragon
I think that f3 mixups are a huge part of supes' game in the corner.

A deep j2 into f3 jails, literally nothing they can do. From here:

I go into f23 pressure, e.g. throw baits and shit.
Throw bait
throw

It's unreal imo

Never see anyone else do it, so wondering why ppl don't..

Obs somtimes I max on dmg
Throws are good but can be teched :(

gibster13

A fan of fans
My fav baits are (shimmy is where I shimmy(obs lol) and they try to tech the throw)

f23 4 throw bait:
F23 4 (shimmy) mbB3/f3 in corner for simplicity

F3 on block:
F3 (blocked) (shimmy) neutral j2

Sometimes a jump 2 on block into throw bait, then shimmy into neutral jump.

I have done before:

They were knocked down, I held the mb f3 cancelled it, I then shimmy (they don't take the bait) I then as part of the shimmy do the jump 2 bait (they don't fall for it) so then I have trait back and I do the f23 4 bait into neutral jump and they fall for it, they then took the standard combo, j2 f23 3 3 mbdb2 f3 3 db2.....It looks hilarious but it works, maybe not to this extreme tho haha

gibster13

A fan of fans
Tierlists are coming out a lot atm, normally placing supes top 7.

What do ppl think ?

Personally,

He is good but not that good

Parasurama

Dragon
Tierlists are coming out a lot atm, normally placing supes top 7.

What do ppl think ?

Personally,

He is good but not that good
His wake up game is poor but otherwise he is alright. The should have left his mid hitting superman punch. I still see him top 10 but not top 5.

Parasurama

Dragon
Catwoman from that vid reporting in, if anybody wants to run the set I'm glad to do so :)
How bad is the catwoman mu? Are there any other terrible mu's?
She meterlessly combos f23 with her b3. Also the parry negates lasers. But I think the f23 issue makes it bad as we have to rely on other poorer options and reads.

masherofbuttons

I'll mash out of +30 I know no fear
How bad is the catwoman mu? Are there any other terrible mu's?
She meterlessly combos f23 with her b3. Also the parry negates lasers. But I think the f23 issue makes it bad as we have to rely on other poorer options and reads.
Ye she does well in the mu. In addition to the things you listed her backdash messes up a lot of pressure options and she has a million ways to OS his wakeups on oki.
It's a bad mu but not as bad as swamp and grodd for example.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Anybody have any Atom experience? Feel like Superman may be at a slight disadvantage. Similar to Catwoman, Atom low profiles f23 and can teleport on reaction to lasers.