What's new

General/Other - Sub-Zero Sub-Zero General Discussion

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
so i was in the lab and i found some really good new tech!!!

so my first tech i found was theres a mix up with 11. after 11 the opponent will block low because they think youre gonna do 114 but instead you can do 11 b2. really good tech there. try it. also if youre in cryo you can do 11 hammer.

the next tech is kinda old i just never posted it. s2 clone on block is a really good mind game for the opponent in grandmaster. because the opponent will try to poke you but then you do a clone and there poke gets frozen! great mind game.

next tech is another otg clone. idk if its known about but you can otg clone off 24. godly tech. thats all thanks for reading :) :) :) :) :)

@Tanno @Dankster Morgan @Rolling_Toaster @flappysamyhamy @zoofs @RagingRicans @crosshair271 @Revenant Zero @Tom Brady @Madzin @rubmytaco @RedGuitarsRock @all sub mains
Very interesting. Will try this 11, B2. It's true that anybody would think that we would use 114, but we rarely use it to fool them.

In Cryo's case, you can do the 11xxPP, too, since it's a grab. They wouldn't think otherwise to block the hammer, if blocking high. Sonicfox already introduced in his debut all ticks into PP. ;) The problem is that the PP doesn't work on the stunned opponents. It works only if he gets juggled. If only they could fix the PP to work like it used to work in F42T's case pre-patch. Now it doesn't work even after F42. :/

Correct me if I understood wrong, but do you mean the 24xxIK, if blocked?

Artic assault (ex Polar Puncture) works on hit and on block with all the tick trhow combo strings, but not with pokes. It does less damage than ex hammer, and you need to burn another bar to get a combo, but it's almost guaranteed. It helps with the mindgame.

rubmytaco

CarriedByClone
so i was in the lab and i found some really good new tech!!!

so my first tech i found was theres a mix up with 11. after 11 the opponent will block low because they think youre gonna do 114 but instead you can do 11 b2. really good tech there. try it. also if youre in cryo you can do 11 hammer.

the next tech is kinda old i just never posted it. s2 clone on block is a really good mind game for the opponent in grandmaster. because the opponent will try to poke you but then you do a clone and there poke gets frozen! great mind game.

next tech is another otg clone. idk if its known about but you can otg clone off 24. godly tech. thats all thanks for reading :) :) :) :) :)

@Tanno @Dankster Morgan @Rolling_Toaster @flappysamyhamy @zoofs @RagingRicans @crosshair271 @Revenant Zero @Tom Brady @Madzin @rubmytaco @RedGuitarsRock @all sub mains
11(4) - b2: I honestly don't see anyone getting caught by this. The full string is punishable and 11 is -5 on block (not to mention the animation takes a long ass time). Add the 17 frames of b2 to that and you're looking at 22 frames at the very least to get a 6/7 frame d1 in.

Standing 2 into ice clone: s2 on block is -12 on block and you have enough time to tell if it's cancelled into clone.

24 otg: I would personally never use this and I've never seen any otg clone that's worth the setups. I'd rather do a full combo into safe clone setup.

I honestly don't see these working more than once, if at all.

Tanno

I tried them.

1) The 11, if blocked either high or low, bounces Sub Zero back, which gives almost 2 secs to do the B2. The problem is when to execute B2. If I do 11B2, it converts itself as 112. It would be nice if NRS gave him the 11B2 to make it a true 50/50 starter. If they gave him this combo string, I would go for this combo:

11B2, B2, D1, D1, D1, D1, B12xxIK, NJP, FJP, B12xxSlide. 43%.

2) I tried 11xxHammer and 11xxPP, but they don't work, because they're not linked well. Either I did something wrong, or are they tight links?
3) I tried doing 24, and then EX IK. It's the same tech as the 114, EX IK.

Rolling_Toaster

Praise be to Lord Brady
11(4) - b2: I honestly don't see anyone getting caught by this. The full string is punishable and 11 is -5 on block (not to mention the animation takes a long ass time). Add the 17 frames of b2 to that and you're looking at 22 frames at the very least to get a 6/7 frame d1 in.

Standing 2 into ice clone: s2 on block is -12 on block and you have enough time to tell if it's cancelled into clone.

24 otg: I would personally never use this and I've never seen any otg clone that's worth the setups. I'd rather do a full combo into safe clone setup.

is a meeeeeem

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way

DUDE SHUT THE FUCK UP I WAS HIDING THAT!!!!!

Tanno

Y'all gotta stop the trolling , tanno thinks this shit is serious. I swear to god if I see someone use s2xclone in a real match cuz of y'all Ima uninstall.
To what?

I wouldn't use 2xxIK in real matches, even if it kills me.

Edit: this is a garbage combo please ignore.
GrandMaster Alternative meterless corner damage without Ice clone setup:
B2--B2--D1--D1--4+iceclone--NJP--FJP--B1+2+slide = 38% meterless.
B2--B2--D1--D1--4+iceclone--NJP--FJP--F1+2 = 36% meterless.
Crouch blocking female
B2--D1--D1--D1--4+iceclone--NJP--FJP--B1+2+slide = 33% meterless.
B2--D1--D1--D1--4+iceclone--NJP--FJP--F1+2 = 31% meterless.
------------------------instead of this combo do--------------------------------------------------------
B2--B2--D1--D1--D1--B1+2+iceclone--NJP--FJP--B1+2+slide = 43% meterless.

Last edited:

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Unbreakable's ability to threaten an armored launcher at 3/4th screen is definitely a silver bullet in so many match-ups, honestly think the Ermac matchup isn't terrible outside of issues with AAing.

Rolling_Toaster

Praise be to Lord Brady
GrandMaster Max meterless corner damage without Ice clone setup:
B2--B2--D1--D1--4+iceclone--NJP--FJP--B1+2+slide = 38% meterless.
B2--B2--D1--D1--4+iceclone--NJP--FJP--F1+2 = 36% meterless.
why would you do this over b2 b2 d1 d1 d1 b12xxclone dash njp ji2 f12? and that female combo is pretty inconsistent for me. id just do reds female combo

Revenant Zero

Death Comes
why would you do this over b2 b2 d1 d1 d1 b12xxclone dash njp ji2 f12? and that female combo is pretty inconsistent for me. id just do reds female combo
I labbed the 36% and it works but you need to be like a back dash away to get it (at least for me) that's better than my usual corner combo but if you drop the freeze set up after failing to connect S4 then you are pretty SOL.

Well, in my case the b1+2 didn't work for me, I made this combo out of necessity. I didn't even thought the b1+2 ice clone even work afther b2+b2+d1+d1+d1. I will relearn the timming to make the b1+2. I am able to do b1+2 ice clone if the combo start with clone toss. Anyway... this is another alternative combo.
For cryomancer
If people doesn't know Sub can combo his command grab in the corner from:
1+2+3+ polar puncture +icehammer =20%
2+4+polar puncture + icehammer = 18%

Last edited:

Tanno

Is 123xx polar puncture the same damage as 112xx polar puncture in the corner?
F112 has the same amount of damage like 123 and B12 do have. The F112 is like 242, so, you need to do only 123, F11, 24 and B12 to make it special canceable to Polar Puncture. Note that it can be done only if he's juggled. It no longer can grab the stunned opponents, like F42T used to be.

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
F112 has the same amount of damage like 123 and B12 do have. The F112 is like 242, so, you need to do only 123, F11, 24 and B12 to make it special canceable to Polar Puncture. Note that it can be done only if he's juggled. It no longer can grab the stunned opponents, like F42T used to be.
Sorry meant 111