What's new

General/Other - Sub-Zero Sub-Zero General Discussion

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I don't know if anybody know this but, Unbrekable's parry is not working against Kitana's Fan Rise and Square boost.
We know about this. Unbreakable's Parry doesn't work against anything jumpy. Kitana's Rising Fan is, also, considered a jumping attack. This works only on anything that touches the ground. Raiden's Superman is an exception. It's the one being frozen, even through it's a flying attack.

So after I do clone and then grab them and throw them into the clone my opponent gets frozen and I get knocked down, how do you get up in time to punish/combo them? I'm not sure if its tech roll or quick rise? Which should I do and how?

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
Definitely enjoying Cryo more than GM in the HQT Predator MU.

Neutral is the same but once you're in, you can go to work, without needing the corner. It's not a push to get him to one spot on the screen, where you pray you can win the MU from. Because of that it changes the dynamic of the MU where Predator knows that once he's the corner you'll want to get offense started. You're afforded that opportunity every moment you get in with Cryo.

boba_buster

Noob saibot
So after I do clone and then grab them and throw them into the clone my opponent gets frozen and I get knocked down, how do you get up in time to punish/combo them? I'm not sure if its tech roll or quick rise? Which should I do and how?
Gotta tech roll buddy. Let sub hit the ground befor you hit a button or the roll won't come out. Pretty easy to practice in the lab. I usually run in after the tech roll, not sure if you have to but I always have done it that way

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
REO just dropped a new video showing a true safejump setup off f12, followed by instant jump forward 1. Enough frame advantage it cannot be ducked, although I'm curious how it works on small hurtboxes.

So it generally goes, combo into command grabxx EX iceball, jf1, f12, ijf1. Check it out.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
As soon as Sub-Zero hits the ground press 1,2,3, or 4 and he will roll then run in and 242, njp, ji2, ji2, F12 is the combo.

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
I need some guidance on playing Grandmaster (block strings, neutral etc). I'm playing that & Cryomancer. I miss being a Sub-Zero main from years ago & I wanted to come back.