What's new

General/Other - Sub-Zero Sub-Zero General Discussion

lm Tweakk

#BuffAntiAirs
Does anyone have advice on dealing with jax? particularly in pumped up , his ground pound goes right under iceball , his F2 out ranges my F4 , and he has a pretty safe advancing armor move , matchup seems annoying at first glance :\

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Does anyone have advice on dealing with jax? particularly in pumped up , his ground pound goes right under iceball , his F2 out ranges my F4 , and he has a pretty safe advancing armor move , matchup seems annoying at first glance :\
Slide on reaction to ground pound or bait it, he can't cancel it anymore.

Clone zone, throw sometimes if he doesn't have meter and likes to jump, detonate if he's close enough and if he's not, walk back to the clone and re-position another.

I find D4 to be much better than F42 in matchups where you absolutely must keep someone away.

lm Tweakk

#BuffAntiAirs
Slide on reaction to ground pound or bait it, he can't cancel it anymore.

Clone zone, throw sometimes if he doesn't have meter and likes to jump, detonate if he's close enough and if he's not, walk back to the clone and re-position another.

I find D4 to be much better than F42 in matchups where you absolutely must keep someone away.
Thanks I'm going to playing this matchup extensively tonight that will help

Durango

Enhancer
So what do you think are the best combo starters and links in this game?

I'm QUITE fond of B12 myself. But it's not like huge-hitbox 22 like MK9. What else is good?

after watching texas stream with tom brady and reo it seems that cassie is pretty tough for sz right now. you either have to use specific corner setups for traps which will make you lose damage, or just not use corner traps with clone at all. also rockets

after watching texas stream with tom brady and reo it seems that cassie is pretty tough for sz right now. you either have to use specific corner setups for traps which will make you lose damage, or just not use corner traps with clone at all. also rockets
False.. in spec ops you run at and full combo all her missile calls,forcing her to only call on herself where you can freeze her. hard to do anything on xbox one pad.

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
People are crying about Subby on Twitter. WNF guys. Really annoying. Seems these people WILL NEVER LEARN.

Hivey

Noob
so how do we deal with characters like ermac and takeda? i cant do anything against these characters, they completely shut me down. doesnt matter which variation i use.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
So it looks like standing 1 can work as a good anti-air tool, it has a good hitbox and couple with the fact that jump in attacks have short active time, it seems to be useful.
After standing 1 it's very easy to hit confirm into F42 xx slide for 15%, or F421+3 for 16% and side switch. Also you can Do F42 xx EX Ice ball for higher damage.
If you are close enough when you anti-air, you can do B12 after the standing 1 for higher damage. If you carry to the corner you can get very good damage with one bar.

This is basically a concept, test this out and tell me what you think.

@AK Smarrgasm since you were talking about Subby's anti-airing the other day.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
So it looks like standing 1 can work as a good anti-air tool, it has a good hitbox and couple with the fact that jump in attacks have short active time, it seems to be useful.
After standing 1 it's very easy to hit confirm into F42 xx slide for 15%, or F421+3 for 16% and side switch. Also you can Do F42 xx EX Ice ball for higher damage.
If you are close enough when you anti-air, you can do B12 after the standing 1 for higher damage. If you carry to the corner you can get very good damage with one bar.

This is basically a concept, test this out and tell me what you think.

@AK Smarrgasm since you were talking about Subby's anti-airing the other day.
Half the characters in the game can fuck your S1 up.