What's new

General/Other - Sub-Zero Sub-Zero General Discussion

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
What do you guys typically spend meter on? Seems like outside of breakers I'm always sitting on tons of meter. EXing from b33 seems to be the only real use for me so far. I know exing db1 is good on wakeup vs presure and maybe as an anti air.

Derckey

Noob
in the corner it connects on everyone luckily.

Midscreen i think the only guaranteed connections to ice ball are b12 and 11.
For whatever reason, B33 to ice ball connects midscreen on all female characters.

On a side note, I am having a lot more success with Cryomancer instead of Grandmaster. Maybe I am just playing Grandmaster completely wrong. The F42 1+3 ender on Cryomancer leaves them standing, and that goes a long way for me. I love Ice Clone though so I'll keep trying Grandmaster.

LionHeart V1

You will feel deaths cold embrace
@Tom Brady is there a certain trick to pulling off the ice clone consistently in the corner after B12? Sometimes i can do it like 5 times in a row and other times it won't come out.

Actually I think I just figured it out. It looks like it connects when the opponent is about to hit the ground.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
For whatever reason, B33 to ice ball connects midscreen on all female characters.

On a side note, I am having a lot more success with Cryomancer instead of Grandmaster. Maybe I am just playing Grandmaster completely wrong. The F42 1+3 ender on Cryomancer leaves them standing, and that goes a long way for me. I love Ice Clone though so I'll keep trying Grandmaster.
one thing that has been CRUSHING lately for me after the dagger ender. MB hammer. OMG people think they can just jump away or push buttons. This thing says NOPE.
in long sets... conditioning with it is great. Allows you to then follow up with d4 or a run up b33.

I especially like doing it after a small combo that wasn't a normal bnb. like... AA NJP, where I wouldn't necessarily want to burn a bar.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
@Tom Brady is there a certain trick to pulling off the ice clone consistently in the corner after B12? Sometimes i can do it like 5 times in a row and other times it won't come out.
Its height dependant in that they have to be low to the ground. Im not sure the correct way to get it every time either at this point. But usually if youre d1 hits them too early or high the clone will not come out.

This combo also doesnt work on the female characters unfortunately.

LionHeart V1

You will feel deaths cold embrace
Its height dependant in that they have to be low to the ground. Im not sure the correct way to get it every time either at this point. But usually if youre d1 hits them too early or high the clone will not come out.

This combo also doesnt work on the female characters unfortunately.
Yea i was just noticing that. Thanks.

onemic

Noob
Grandmaster will cover up for you if you have "weak" footsie
Ice clone is obnoxious in this game. I enjoy it.

I'm hoping to use Cryomancer a bit more... as I think that variation can really shine with good anti air and whiff punishing.
ah, so grandmaster would be the best at playing the neutral/footsie game then? Im currently stuck between choosing War God Kotal Kahn or Grandmaster Subzero

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
So no one else is having issues connecting f42, 1+3 exclusively on airborne opponents like I previously mentioned? I guess that's a good thing. If it's just me, I'll figure it out. If it was a controller thing, it would bum me out more than I already am in lieu of all these problems hindering me from enjoying the damn game.

ZeZe

The smart stuff!
After playing all day with Grandmaster I tend to miss clone already in other variations. Clone is cosy. Though I plan on maining them all.
Btw. is it only me or when I find meself facing left, suddenly inputs require more accuracy. Even slide I need to input more carefully or Sub will do some random poke.

TPH GUNSHOT

Grind to Win
So no one else is having issues connecting f42, 1+3 exclusively on airborne opponents like I previously mentioned? I guess that's a good thing. If it's just me, I'll figure it out. If it was a controller thing, it would bum me out more than I already am in lieu of all these problems hindering me from enjoying the damn game.
I haven't had that problem but ill check again in a few to clarify

sIllverback

Lin Kuei Grandmaster
2 things.

1. I've been playing all 3 Variations, and each are a blast to play. That being said, my footsies were never the best, so I'm maining Grandmaster. I'll be switching variations if a match-up heavily favors one of the others.

2. Unrelated to actual "gameplay" per se, but I've run through the Krypt using a guide to find the majority of Sub's unlocks. I am, however, missing his 4th Brutality (Ice Cubed) and his Revenant costume. Any ideas on where/how to unlock them? Thanks in advance.