What's new

General/Other - Sub-Zero Sub-Zero General Discussion

Does B12 confirm into ice ball on every character? it seems to

Also I have to agree with his dash being one of the best if not the best in the game

I'm also on the sidelines and cannot figure out Sub. It seems like if you are not on offense and not in the corner, there's very little you can do to make a dent. What am I looking at wrong?

Durango

Enhancer
I had to use the style that has Ice Clone since it's his core game. However, since this is a new game and Sub-Zero has more options, I'm willing to try the other styles as well.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
The issues I and others have been having with controllers, pads, the input shortcut setting etc. has me very paranoid, and so I'm not able to figure out if this is just me: For the life of me I can't seem to connect f42,1+3 once the opponent is airborne with anything remotely close to consistency. Execution wise there is literally nothing else that gives me an issue. I'm unfortunately going to be returning my fightpad due to horribly inconsistent registering issues which leaves me at the menu unable to even select a mode sometimes due to how none of my inputs register sporadically every now and then. However even on my PS4 controller, I'm having issues connecting the move on airborne opponents. F42 connects fine, the 1+3 connects once every 16 attempts.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
The issues I and others have been having with controllers, pads, the input shortcut setting etc. has me very paranoid, and so I'm not able to figure out if this is just me: For the life of me I can't seem to connect f42,1+3 once the opponent is airborne with anything remotely close to consistency. Execution wise there is literally nothing else that gives me an issue. I'm unfortunately going to be returning my fightpad due to horribly inconsistent registering issues which leaves me at the menu unable to even select a mode sometimes due to how none of my inputs register sporadically every now and then. However even on my PS4 controller, I'm having issues connecting the move on airborne opponents. F42 connects fine, the 1+3 connects once every 16 attempts.
I will take a break from trolling you because I take controller problems very seriously as they are the thing that make me the most angry. I feel your pain and hope you resolve your issues so you can hope to possibly get 1 game off me in the future when I am not looking at the screen and having a conversation with my wife.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I ama really surprised by this but I actually consider Cryomancer my favorite. Maybe its because I get to yell "its hammah tiem!"

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
I really like sub and will definitely be playing him a lot. You guys can copy anything I do with him competitively. Grandmaster tom will be giving out a lot of sub tech. Everybody else get back in the lab and find some more sub stuff so we can destroy all those fools that are not part of the Lin Kuei aha

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I really like sub and will definitely be playing him a lot. You guys can copy anything I do with him competitively. Grandmaster tom will be giving out a lot of sub tech. Everybody else get back in the lab and find some more sub stuff so we can destroy all those fools that are not part of the Lin Kuei aha
Which variation are you typically going to be using?

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
I'll be using clone the most because it has the best corner game. I like slowly putting people in jail. But I will be grinding the other variations to see how they will fit in all his matchups. So much to learn. It will be interesting.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Try F42 throw. It's just way easier.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
I'll be using clone the most because it has the best corner game. I like slowly putting people in jail. But I will be grinding the other variations to see how they will fit in all his matchups. So much to learn. It will be interesting.
Yea Grandmaster seems to easily be the best but i believe unbreakable and even cryomancer have a place. I think unbreakable might be the best for matchups like takeda or others with disjointed moves that will ignore the clone in general.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
Yea Grandmaster seems to easily be the best but i believe unbreakable and even cryomancer have a place. I think unbreakable might be the best for matchups like takeda or others with disjointed moves that will ignore the clone in general.
yeah unbreakable is very strong for a lot of matchups in general because he can stop himself from being chipped in a game with chip damage. And the ex ice aura helps him to take less damage. A 40% combo will do like 27% etc.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
yeah unbreakable is very strong for a lot of matchups in general because he can stop himself from being chipped in a game with chip damage. And the ex ice aura helps him to take less damage. A 40% combo will do like 27% etc.
This the go-to option for chars like Full Auto Jacqui?