What's new

Guide - Cryomancer Sub-Zero CRYOMANCER Guide

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
Yeah, I'm messing with it now. Probably old to you guys but I haven't been able to grind this game much to this point. Thought maybe there was an MK9-type situation to be had, which would be even better in MKX because everything is high-low.

But meterless you're giving up 13% (33% to 20%) and 1-bar you're still giving up 10% or more. Even if you take the (pseudo-) free-throw, you're only breaking even in terms of damage. Seems smarter to opt for the full combo.

At 2-bars it's a little more interesting, I suppose. You don't lose any damage, you still have your free-throw, and obviously the 50/50. Starting the combo at mid-screen or closer carries all the way to wall, so you can get big meterless damage off the low (32%) or the overhead (38%). The free-throw isn't a bad option either. It's basically 1-bar, 12% combo-extender.
It's entirely dependent on the situation. Believe me, I'm a damage whore (I used to main superman in igau Bc mk9 sub hit like a wet fish) so more often than not I will opt for damage into oki. The threat of vortex is there though. Don't let them forget that.

Can we please get a new combo guide?
Playing around I am still using f122 launch into cold blood into hammer, nice damage. Also 111 into iceball is super nice now.
Basically end and string with db2 for that extra damage.

Having trouble with double launches, like b2 or f122 with ex hammer launch, timing gets super tight on long combos.
Adding slide into the rest and is also very nice, like 111 iceball f122 cold blood hammer pause slide for example.

Just glad they helped the hammer, and made it so you don't have to b12 into ice balls. Should be able to really punish now with 111 .

InFlames

dead
Can we please get a new combo guide?
Playing around I am still using f122 launch into cold blood into hammer, nice damage. Also 111 into iceball is super nice now.
Basically end and string with db2 for that extra damage.

Having trouble with double launches, like b2 or f122 with ex hammer launch, timing gets super tight on long combos.
Adding slide into the rest and is also very nice, like 111 iceball f122 cold blood hammer pause slide for example.

Just glad they helped the hammer, and made it so you don't have to b12 into ice balls. Should be able to really punish now with 111 .
Made a video showing post patch BnBs for Cryo. This should be helpful for any newcomers.

Inputs:

Meterless / Midscreen:
B2, run F421+3xxHammer
xxIce Ball, J2 F122, NJP, J2 run 1, F421+3xxHammer
xxIce Ball, J2 F122, 242, run F421+3xxHammer
xxIce Ball, J2 F122, F122, F421+3xxHammer
xxIce Ball, J2 F122, B2, run F421+3xxHammer

Meterless / Corner:
xxIce Ball, J2 B2, B2, F421+3xxHammer
B2, B2, D3, F421+3xxHammer

1 Bar / Midscreen:
xxEX Hammer, B2, F421+3xxHammer
xxEX Hammer, dash under F122, F421+3xxHammer
xxEX Hammer, run B2, 1, F421+3xxHammer

1 Bar / Corner:
xxEX Hammer, B2, F421+3xxHammer
xxEX Hammer, NJP, B2, F421+3xxHammer
Try these out

and I agree, there should be a post patch combo thread. It seems all Cryo stuff is cluttered into this one big thread at the moment.

yucking

Shokugeki
no, THE MESSAGES WERE ABOUT supporting my thoughts of CALLING aqua boy out on his video of a video and trying to take credit for someone elses work, and when i got off clinics this late morning i saw them in my personal inbox and not on this site for all to see(they want privacy and i will respect that) and sent each sender a brief thank you, thanking them for supporting me in calling aqua marine girl out, come on its a game, have fun, put a kombo up if you devise it and in hopes others will like and use it, dont copy someones work and then say I WANT CREDIT FOR IT, HE KNEW DAMN WELL WHAT HE DID AND A BLIND MAN IN A DARK ROOM COULD HAVE DESCRIBED THIS TO RAY CHARLES WITH HELEN KELLER AS THE INTERPRETER, DID HE THINK YOU FOLKS WERE THAT STUPID NOT TO PICK UP ON A VIDEO, SHOWING A TV DISPLAYING A VIDEO, COME ON PEOPLE WAKE UP, THIS IS WHAT IS WRONG WITH TODAYS MILLENIALS, WEAK AND HAS TO BE POLITICAL CORRECT AND IF YOU CALL SOMEONE OUT ON A LIE , THEN YOU ARE A BIGOT, SEXIEST PIG AND MEAN, WELL THEN IAM A BIGOT, SEXIEST PIG AND MEAN, if you folks ignore me then oh well, more important things to worry about and i would do it all over again even if i knew what the results are, its called integrity
WAT THE FUCK

kencheese

sub zero cryomancer
It's entirely dependent on the situation. Believe me, I'm a damage whore (I used to main superman in igau Bc mk9 sub hit like a wet fish) so more often than not I will opt for damage into oki. The threat of vortex is there though. Don't let them forget that.
oh quantie please dont report me iam just a tender innocent little boy, grow up pansy ass

Kanalratte

aka FROSTIE
go ahead and report you fucking dick in the mouth, go get a job and not make mk your life you liberal fucking califorinian, i have a real career, this is just a fucking game of fun and bantering back and forth, pretty sad you have to take it so seriously, mk is just a fucking game, you know frame data wow, i heal children with possible terminal disease like leukemia, real contributions, not contributions of your fucking mk thoughts on a thread so piss off and anyone else who does not like it and i mean anyone who does not like it, GO DONALD TRUMP
for someone who heals children you don't sound like a nice guy...

Okay, seriously, can we please get back to cryomancer combos?

I also take care of patients every day, I am also a doctor. I like to play mkx to not think about work. I also have three wonderful children... Who sometimes drive me crazy! Lol, now back to the combos!

You guys need to stop with this op shit, he is now a viable character, no more no less, i still think we won't be seeing cryomancers in tournaments.
You need to stop saying hes op, or hell get nerfed and become worse than he was before.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Every Time I join a thread nowadays a scrub gets removed. Damn these illuminati powers! Keep up the good work in here boys! Cryo is too good for me, I am liking unbreakable, reminds me of cyber sub but with armor and better options

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
I need to catch the archives of that cuz I don't Think I play that variation properly
I caught only 2 matches of him using Unbreakable, and TBH I think he's just new to him. He wasn't using him very well. He had the basics though.

STB BroZki

Don’t know what to put here
Hells no dude. Make a mistake against Cryo and you're losing half your life from one touch
Yeah I'm starting to feel more comfortable with him. He feels like a damn train now. Using 2 meters now feels like it's completely worth it haha

Air hammer is still meh, hammer is usable. I have used cryomancer since day 1. He was weak but usable, just had to wait for a punish. Now you can come at them it seems like.

B12 iceball etc is still usable, f122 is still okay.
111 iceball b2 ex or reg hammer into cold blood into hammer is nice.
If you have trouble with b2 into run just realize f4 has crazy reach, you run like half a second most times. I still don't 100 percent trust it online but I can do it almost all the time.

Main thing is add db2 to all cold blood combos to get same or better damage as before, I spammed ex hammer before for the juggle so it's not really new to many cryomancer players I believe.

How are you all pulling b2 b2 cold blood in the corner all the time online? I have trouble with that and usually just b2 cold blood ex hammer cold blood hammer.

Thanks in advance.