What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

NHDR

Noob
Zeku is a ton of fun, also looks awesome. Will wait to see his frame data before I invest time though (I like safe characters, not yet sure if he is).

Why do you think he's trash tier?
Bad neutral, weak defense, gimmicky offense.

He's got very little in terms of opening people up and even in the corner he doesn't have throw loops so you can just take a throw and reset to neutral where he's gonna have to take a risk and kill himself.

His kicks being projectiles is interesting. Until you realize that means cammy can punish on reaction with v skill, and Rog can tap through it for free and kill you, or rashid can just roll through. Hell. Young zeku can whiff punish the kicks for free from full screen on reaction. They've got too much startup to also have that much recovery.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Bad neutral, weak defense, gimmicky offense.

He's got very little in terms of opening people up and even in the corner he doesn't have throw loops so you can just take a throw and reset to neutral where he's gonna have to take a risk and kill himself.

His kicks being projectiles is interesting. Until you realize that means cammy can punish on reaction with v skill, and Rog can tap through it for free and kill you, or rashid can just roll through. Hell. Young zeku can whiff punish the kicks for free from full screen on reaction. They've got too much startup to also have that much recovery.

Yeah, I actually thought about that when people were acting like them being projectiles was in some way a good thing.. All I could think of was "So all the projectile immune shit will crap on them"

I'm not disagreeing at all. I think he's super interesting, but the more I look at his kit, I'm not seeing the synergy yet. I'm not calling anything this early, just going off observations, but I am a little confused. Some stuff seems.. off.

What point does the run serve? Unsafe, and doesnt lead to nearly enough damage to be worth it.

I see what you mean on neutral.. He does seem to have some decent pokes, and in young, his HP palm is + and I *think* his mp one is too, I was able to trade with Bison's 3fer off of M.Palm, and beat it once or twice, though that could have been a fluke or two or possibly spacing.. BUt off h.Palm I could beat it out every time.. Cycling through his normals that lead to damage though.. lots and lots of little gaps and weird spacing on links. TCs unsafe, etc. He doesnt appear to have blockstring pressure in the way Karin or someone like her does, and anything that links into damage is short range in itself or the link requires you to be short range. No mix. Just always block low, why ever stand? His OH is slow and only does 80 damage, and doesnt v trigger cancel or anything. Looks like he's supposed to open you up with crossups honestly. He has a nice deep crossup mk in both forms, and his silly flip, and his wall flip into dive kick thingy..

Now, I still think he's a very cool character and has potential, this is all without frame data and only a few minutes of testing with each option.. I am optimistic, he does excellent damage, but he APPEARS to be missing some of the "How to be a good character in SFV" options.

Still think he's trashcan? - I'm not saying that one clip has anything to do with this strength/etc, just wondering since youve had more time with him.

I need to get some real games in. I dunno. His frame data is decent on his normals.
I still think he's gonna be bad yeah. I'm just hoping he is a "season 3" character. And that the reason he's so honest is that that's the new normal and everyone else is gonna get toned down

EntropicByDesign

Hm.. Looking at his frame data it claims old Zeku's st.mp is 6f startup and his st.mk is the same. st.mp is +3ob, so, a blocked st.mp should allow another st.mp that trades vs a 3fer, but with the priority system of course, it wins... But it should also allow the st.mk, but Bison's 3fer beats it clean every time.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Because there hasn't been a patch in months and nothing has changed?
I haven't really played since that big patch when rog got a health nerf. Thought there was another patch or two and Alex got some kind of correction.

When's DeeJay? No DeeJay No Play.

Reactions: GAV

EntropicByDesign

I want to play. I want to play. I want to play.

I can not become excited for a damned character. Zeku is neat, but feels awkward and not terribly exciting. I don't fucking know.

EntropicByDesign

I'm on now

Was at work =(

My availability is weird. It's usually some Sunday mornings, Sunday/Monday/Tuesday midday-through-late night, and wed/Thur/Fri/sat usually early mornings and occasionally midday but not often.

I am going to get on and play some over the next three days, along with Inj2 as well.

I wish I could find a character that really gets me excited to play. I might go back to Karin, I might move to Ibuki, Juri is probably not a great choice but she's a lot of fun, Abigail is surprisingly fun, Akuma is great, etc, but none of them make me say "shit I want to really learn this character. I want to really grind out matches"

I dunno. If we play maybe I'll try some Ibuki.

Nobus3r1

House of Bane; ID: 8V596
I still think he's gonna be bad yeah. I'm just hoping he is a "season 3" character. And that the reason he's so honest is that that's the new normal and everyone else is gonna get toned down
I really hope not. The number of characters that one could argue need serious toning down can be counted on one hand with fingers to spare. Going overboard in that direction results in a boring game were every character has all the offensive potential of wet newspaper. Do. Not. Want.