What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Also, anyone awake? Wouldnt mind some games.

Zeku is janky as hell. I was so hoping for a Gen-like stance switching character.. someone who flowed in and out of his stances in an intuitive and smooth way, and what we got instead was (at least it feels like it to me) is two characters who were both about 75% complete glued together and released.. He has lots of options but swapping between stances is too jarring and slow, and in a game ruled by pressure, giving it up to change forms is rarely going to be a good idea.

I dunno. I understand that calling a character "bad" because they dont match my personal expectations is stupid, but Zeku had all this potential and it feels like Capcom missed the boat entirely. His normals, his stance swap, his specials and various properties.. He just feels awkward as hell.

Also, I realize that what I just typed had nothing to do with anything that's being said. Im just bored.
Except one of the stances was only 25% complete so they copy-pasted Strider in to make up the other 50 lol. Called it from the trailer: character is buns.

Anyone know if we're officially-unofficially getting Sagat first for s3? Has that been leaked leaked, or nah?

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
You know what I like about this game over Injustice 2? The ability to actually analyse your mistake. I just lost a match then decided to watch the footage and was able to break down frame by frame (in game!) why my throw tech didn't come out. I inputted my throw tech 1f outside of the throw tech window lol. You just don't get that sort of tool in Injustice 2 - the ability to really rewatch your match and break it down in slow mo or frame by frame with the inputs on. I love it!

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
Okay! So I'm actually playing this game. Not like playing it for a week then ditching. Finding my footing with Birdie. Having fun.
Nice man. I always thought Birdie was interesting ever since seeing Alucard play him. Glad to see more Birdie players.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Adding recovery to a whiffed normal like uriens St hp would have almost no impact on a player like nemo or doguras games because they time/space it better than everyone else, what it does is expose players that are predictable and just fish with CCs to actual punishment from opponents.
Some would say that the season 2 patch 'exposed' all the bad R.Mika players. The irony

Some would say that I need to start practicing ryu's lk into lk hurricane buffer. I NEVER learned to do that, the tatsu akways comes out. That's hard as hell.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069

well there you have it folks what did i say about ranked. im the best idk how many times i have to say it before myles says it too

ftr that 1 loss was to some laggy plat bison from mexico. he ended at 52 streak and now on a 55 streak so do the math scrubs lul. Guile god out

well there you have it folks what did i say about ranked. im the best idk how many times i have to say it before myles says it too

ftr that 1 loss was to some laggy plat bison from mexico. he ended at 52 streak and now on a 55 streak so do the math scrubs lul. Guile god out
Dude, 30,000 online matches. Compete! Travel! It'll be an adjustment from online greatness sure but you'll probably be great once you start going. Just my 2cents

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
@FL Rushdown what determines the left right mix-ups for the Dogura set-ups where he jumps into them to bounce them off the mirror again and then does f.mp? It seems like how long you charge the ex fireball before you put out the second aegis and jump forward maybe?

Same with the one you just posted above too, pls. Trying to learn me some Urien since he's fun af.

Last edited:
@FL Rushdown what determines the left right mix-ups for the Dogura set-ups where he jumps into them to bounce them off the mirror again and then does f.mp? It seems like how long you charge the ex fireball before you put out the second aegis and jump forward maybe?

Same with the one you just posted above too, pls. Trying to learn me some Urien since he's fun af.
If you time everything right you can choose to walk under or not. If you hold forward after the f mp you cross under and if you just tap fwd it makes you move but stay in front. Doguras one with the jump is a little tricky but just stick with it and you'll get the timing down. There are some auto timed ones too that might be easier for you, but they're a little bit more limited with when you can use them.