Street Fighter V General Discussion

Discussion in 'Street Fighter' started by Rickyraws, Feb 16, 2016.

1. EntropicByDesign

EntropicByDesign Confused and afraid.

I feel like its best if everyone just ignores the shitbag, it'll remind him of his day to day life, and maybe he'll go away.

SpineRip likes this.
  2. SpineRip

SpineRip Noob

No. He only selected Ryu as his favorite character in his battle settings so he could do this search, screenshot it, and post it here.

3. Johnny Based Cage

Johnny Based Cage Day 10 Mediocre Darkseid Player
    Premium Supporter

Oh look a whole list of players nobody ever heard of how amazing I can't believe it

4. FL Rushdown

Steam:
    Rushdown
    Eh. I know who tayson is. He's a pretty ok ryu.

5. New York Pizza

New York Pizza Premium Supporter
    Premium Supporter

Am I alone in thinking Abigail is insanely solid?

6. New York Pizza

Premium Supporter

And Lol, lesson here is no real master ryus RIP

7. EntropicByDesign

Nope. I think he's extremely good.

8. FL Rushdown

Steam:
    Rushdown
    Not necessarily good, but interesting.

Now featuring Dutch indie non hetero music. We're international now.

9. Johnny Based Cage

Johnny Based Cage Day 10 Mediocre Darkseid Player
    Premium Supporter

Hell naw, love me some Abby-Gail.

10. EntropicByDesign

Zeku tomorrow.. and thus my final attempt at returning to SFV.

I am so hype for Zeku though.

11. B. Shazzy

B. Shazzy Retired Best Batman
    Premium Supporter

and heres a video of me double peeing some urienin under a minute who prob thinks all his vtrigger setups are just so amazing in training mode too

ftr hat was the the 3rd perfect out of 2 games but u know man this guy got to diamond so he must be so gdlk man totally not the new super silver i bet he watches nemo videos all the time

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
    Killphil likes this.
  12. Linkuei82

Linkuei82 Live by the sword, Die by the sword
    Premium Supporter

In case Zeku doesn't work out AE won't bring you back?

13. EntropicByDesign

Well, that's true, I'll almost surely pop back for AE to see what's what.

Linkuei82 likes this.
  14. EntropicByDesign

Servers down for Zeku yet? I'm not home to check.

15. JBeezYBabY

JBeezYBabY Mr. Righteous

OOOO you is all up on it for Zeku! But wish i could check for ya. Im not at home either...but there maybe a way to find out ;)

16. FL Rushdown

Steam:
    Rushdown
    Do you ever get tired of being such a cock? Like it has to be draining right. Cause from what I hear you're pretty quiet irl. Seriously though, of all the things you could be online where anonymity protects you, you choose to be the racist 12 year old from cod.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
    Nobus3r1 and EntropicByDesign like this.
  17. JBeezYBabY

JBeezYBabY Mr. Righteous

@EntropicByDesign Apparently, On the SFV Server's Twitter page, its states, "We will perform server maintenance from 11am to 5pm on 10/24 PDT. Thank you for your patience and support."

And its 10:25am now. Whoop there it is.

EntropicByDesign and SpineRip like this.
  18. EntropicByDesign

Interesting how that works isn't it? Honestly haven't figured out why he's tolerated on the site at all. But shrug.

Anyway @JBeezYBabY yeah man, I haven't been this hype for a character in any game in a while. Its also a nice look for the future of sfv, IE, more complex, deep and thorough. With AE looking as well, and presumably a balance patch, the games future looks bright. Obviously we have no idea what the balance patch contains, but in my secret heart I hope it's a fucking Balrog bitch slap along with Oki tonedown in general and a backing off on heavy comeback mechanics. I'm so tired of watching someone make ten right decisions to win a match, the opponent makinh 10 wrong ones, then literally they mash out totally safe because of a vtrigger cancel and TWO decisions later they win. Hype comebacks used to be amazing and, ya know, hype, and now it's just how the game works. Pound the other guy into the toilet, make numerous correct decisions and reads, but they end up so resource packed that they only need, literally with Boxer, one good mash and two good decisions.

Don't get me wrong, there's something to be said for comebacks, the guy winning could just as easily turn things around (and often does) and building the game in such a way that you're never actually out of it *is* a nice design ideal - but certain characters take it too far.

And sorry I don't want to hear "but Rog hasn't won anything.." or whatever. I honestly don't care, he is one of the most disgusting characters I've ever seen played in any FG for what he gets away with and what he allows. There's no excuse for him - at ALL - and this is coming from someone who likes Balrog quite a lot.

Urien and Ibuki have similar come back factors too, so does Laura, but with Urien, he doesn't have the ability to run the match in the way that Rog does from the start, and Urien has to WORK for his win, not mash out a reset that takes an hour in training mode to learn, is one size fits all and will always be available. Ibuki is horseshit in a handful of ways herself, not in the broken way that Rog is.

I believe, honestly, a character can be totally fucking broken and not be the best character in the game - or it's most successful.

JBeezYBabY likes this.
  19. Nobus3r1

Nobus3r1 House of Bane; ID: 8V596

PSN:
    Nobus3r1
    This is a little old (by internet standards) but I didn't see it posted here. Video proof of Balrog being "fair" -_- :
    https://twitter.com/WSOLogan/status/920057725144457217

JBeezYBabY likes this.
  20. JBeezYBabY

JBeezYBabY Mr. Righteous

DAAAAAAAAMN! That damage! I know I haven't played that game in forever, but is that damage real off of one hit!?

21. Nobus3r1

Nobus3r1 House of Bane; ID: 8V596

PSN:
    Nobus3r1
    Yes. The audio isn't good enough to know which version was used but the killing combo was likely something like:

lvl. 9 or Final TAP, VTC, CA = DEAD

JBeezYBabY likes this.
  22. EntropicByDesign

Yep. Charge TAP up to high enough level and it'll do 50%+ by itself, can be cancelled as you saw, and gains various invincibility aspects depending on level as well.

Utterly fair and reasonable character. I know, charging TAP keeps you from using two buttons and isn't something you can do every match or every situation, but it's still utter horseshit and Balrog without tap is STILL broken, so adding it into the mix makes him even worse.

If I'm not mistaken his main CC button is + fucking 3, with low recovery, hard to whiff punish and good luck taking the risk if he's charging an invincible TAP. I mean, who the fuck makes a button that leads into 80% resets, or 50-60% combos TOTALLY safe? Ohh I'm sorry, not safe.. fucking PLUS.

Well it's not like he has a 3f.. oh wait.

Well it's not like he has mix.. oh wait.

Well it's not like he's largely safe.. oh wait.

Well it's not like he good jump nor.. oh wait.

Well it's not like he had a good AA...oh wait.

Well it's not like he's brain-dead easy to play.. oh wait.

Well it's not like he has ways around any kind of zoning.. oh wait.

Well it's not like he's got armor.. oh wait.

You get the idea.

I dunno. I think Balrog and Laura may not necessarily be the strongest characters in the game but they are still broken, deeply stupid and just plain bad for the game from a number of angles.

23. When has Balrog ever won ANYTHING in sfv?

:DOGE

EntropicByDesign likes this.
  24. New York Pizza

Premium Supporter

Not for nothing, but if I bodied most of the community and attained a similar level of skill and knowledge that shazzy has, I'd be a huge cock on here too. And I show my face all over the fourms.

25. @MylesWright_

@MylesWright_ I'll be back 3ing