What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

You're not making any sense. How can you say "Hes not the only character with a shitty AA" say you're not making a comparison
and bring up Karen as not having good AA or reversals?

Karen has multiple viable AA with EX Ressenha and standing heavy punch that are much better than what bison has.
I said other characters have bad AA. Your response was "Who has worse AA than bison?" Like it's not possible to have bad AA unless it's worse than bison's or something. I thought the explanation was clear enough.

I said other characters have bad AA. Your response was "Who has worse AA than bison?" Like it's not possible to have bad AA unless it's worse than bison's or something. I thought the explanation was clear enough.
Bison has the worst AA in the game so I didn't understand why you were bringing up other characters AAs
unless you were trying to compare them.
Saying "Hes not the only character with a shitty AA HOHOHO just look at Karen " trivializes his problem.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Bison has the worst AA in the game so I didn't understand why you were bringing up other characters AAs
unless you were trying to compare them.
Saying "Hes not the only character with a shitty AA HOHOHO just look at Karen " trivializes his problem.
This one I'll give you, Bison could very well have the worst AA in the game. He doesn't have really anything to safely deal with cross-ups, aside from his CA.

how do you quick rise in SFV?
and how do you not quick rise in SFV?
Ive never pressed any buttons when got knocked down, I always let my character rise up on its own.
what's the difference ( how many seconds later ) is the normal rise compared to the quick rise?

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
Ive never pressed any buttons when got knocked down, I always let my character rise up on its own.
what's the difference ( how many seconds later ) is the normal rise compared to the quick rise?
hold back - for back quick rise
hold down - for quick rise

(idk exactly how it´s called)

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
two punch buttons for quick recovery and two kicks for back recovery. it's at least a second difference then if you didnt quick rise

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
You see how powerful a reversal is. You got through 2 months of playing this game not even knowing how to adjust your wake-up timing

Down/punches is quickrise
Nothing is no recovery
Back/kicks is backroll which "allegedly" gets you up 5f later than quickrise

In time I imagine everyone will be able to cover both your quickrise/backroll and then react to the delayed wake-up. If you get knocked down and don't have a reversal you aren't getting back up

Last edited:

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
Back rise is five frames slower than quick rise, except for a few moves. No recovery is about 60 frames slower than quick rise.

Against a good player, you should almost always be quick or back rising in my opinion, with only a couple exceptions. Mixing up the two will get you out of a lot of meaty setups.

The huge delay between quick rise and no recovery means that throwing in no recovery is not a mixup. If I do a meaty setup meant to cover quick rise and the opponent does no recovery, I have more than enough time to react and do a second mixup.

Sorry guys I'm a little confused, is quick rise like a tech roll? Or is that the back rise? Also there's different answers as to how they're done, is it down+2 punches for quick rise and back+2 kicks for roll?