What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Sorry guys I'm a little confused, is quick rise like a tech roll? Or is that the back rise? Also there's different answers as to how they're done, is it down+2 punches for quick rise and back+2 kicks for roll?
Back rise is basically tech roll, it's the better option most of the times but you can only do them off soft knockdowns, not hard knockdowns. Quick rise is what the name implies, waking up on the first possible frame and this is the way to go against some meaty set-ups like Laura's. Delayed rise is what the name implies as well, delaying your wake-up so you will stand in the last possible frame of a knockdown, this is the way to go against very few set-ups but it works great against Dhalsim for example.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
So it's almost like a touch of death if the opponent has a little stun meter?
it's just a reset, wouldn't call it a touch of death. basically if your opponent gets jabbed once then you baited a dp or throw into the cc, assuming the opponent eats the following mixup, it's stun city

assuming everything worked out perfectly it's alittle over 70% of their life i think

it's just a reset, wouldn't call it a touch of death. basically if your opponent gets jabbed once then you baited a dp or throw into the cc, assuming the opponent eats the following mixup, it's stun city

assuming everything worked out perfectly it's alittle over 70% of their life i think
Oh ok thanks, like if Nash wasn't powerful enough already Lol.

There is a tier list on EH

why do so many ppl think nash is top tier?
I don't think Nash is top tier. Been playing Ryu, Ken, Nash and Rashid since the betas and atm I think Nash is mid tier, maybe upper mid tier at its best.
Nash has way too many bad match ups like Sim, Mika, Bison, Necalli and Laura. Some even match ups and very few match ups which do actually favor Nash - Nash has the upper hand vs Gief, Ryu and FANG.
Infiltration on the other hand does make Nash look like top tier, but his skill is on a whole another lvl and he could make any SFV character look strong by winning vs anyone.

Anyone who has been grinding games with Nash, what do you think?
I would rly like to hear other ppls' opinion on this.

Also I would move Laura higher, maybe even top tier. no matter what character I play I do struggle a lot vs legit lauras pressure stuff it's insane.
she has the potential to be top 3 atm IMO

Ze Dingo

D4->F2 = unblockable. Ice Clone = unpunishable.
I don't think Laura is top tier. She has trouble getting in and she's a little too read based. Her offense is almost entirely reads. She's also very high risk, high reward. I think she is mid tier.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends

I don't think Nash is top tier. Been playing Ryu, Ken, Nash and Rashid since the betas and atm I think Nash is mid tier, maybe upper mid tier at its best.
Nash has way too many bad match ups like Sim, Mika, Bison, Necalli and Laura. Some even match ups and very few match ups which do actually favor Nash - Nash has the upper hand vs Gief, Ryu and FANG.
Infiltration on the other hand does make Nash look like top tier, but his skill is on a whole another lvl and he could make any SFV character look strong by winning vs anyone.

Also I would move Laura higher, maybe even top tier. no matter what character I play I do struggle a lot vs legit lauras pressure stuff it's insane.
Nash doesn't lose to Necalli, IMO.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord

Hell no, her pressure is ok, she has nice frame traps but the range on her command grab is pretty wack tbh so she is only a treat when she is literally besides you and on knockdown, her walkspeed is pretty slow, her footsies are bad, no reversal, no hitconfirms outside of CH, her tick throws are ok at best, her only way around fireballs is doing EX bolt charge or jumping, she has a hard time getting in against characters with fireballs and good footsies, her oki game is pretty much her best asset and even then, people are getting caught by stuff they shouldn't be getting hit with.
She has a loooot of gimmicks like her V-skill dash "pressure", her oki game off command grab on hit is a gimmick as well IMO you can just quick rise and block/hit her out of EX command grab on reaction. I'm sorry but she is definitely in the lower part of the tier list, she has some awful match-ups like Chun, Cammy, Ryu.

About the Nash MU, I think it's even, I really don't think she wins at all because he can keep her out pretty well but once she gets in, his lack of reversal is a good thing for her.

A lot of people get hit by a lot of gimmicks, some people still don't know the MU to this day.

I definetely think Nash is top tier, I'm not sure how he'd do against for example tokido if infiltration mained Ryu in SF V. I guess it's still early and new things will be discovered changed but as of now I def think he's at the top. I agree with you about wanting Laura to be higher, I main her but everyone seems to point out things that pretty much leave her bottom tier. Although as you say we don't know how she'd rank in a tournament if a top player used her. It's all redundant really until the game gets older.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Hell no, her pressure is ok, she has nice frame traps but the range on her command grab is pretty wack tbh so she is only a treat when she is literally besides you and on knockdown, her walkspeed is pretty slow, her footsies are bad, no reversal, no hitconfirms outside of CH, her tick throws are ok at best, her only way around fireballs is doing EX bolt charge or jumping, she has a hard time getting in against characters with fireballs and good footsies, her oki game is pretty much her best asset and even then, people are getting caught by stuff they shouldn't be getting hit with.
She has a loooot of gimmicks like her V-skill dash "pressure", her oki game off command grab on hit is a gimmick as well IMO you can just quick rise and block/hit her out of EX command grab on reaction. I'm sorry but she is definitely in the lower part of the tier list, she has some awful match-ups like Chun, Cammy, Ryu.

About the Nash MU, I think it's even, I really don't think she wins at all because he can keep her out pretty well but once she gets in, his lack of reversal is a good thing for her.

A lot of people get hit by a lot of gimmicks, some people still don't know the MU to this day.
Are you talking about Laura? Isn't EX Elbow an armored reversal?

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!

Birdie seems hes at a good spot. Thats kinda how i feel playing him. No op but not bad to where bad match ups are ridiculous

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
If you can't see why Nash is top 5 then we don't play the same game. Extremely few characters can lock him down and even then, not for long.

Tier lists not from Japan right now are complete garbage. People suck. Everyone sucks. 99% of the world is filled with jobbers.

Not to mention we have input from players who haven't ever played a SF game competitively. There's not a single place for discussing other than Japan because

USA is free and disorganised
Online forums are filled with opinions without facts or experience to back them up

My garbage list is, in NPO.

Ryu
Ken
Nash
Chun
Dhalsim

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
If you can't see why Nash is top 5 then we don't play the same game. Extremely few characters can lock him down and even then, not for long.

Tier lists not from Japan right now are complete garbage. People suck. Everyone sucks. 99% of the world is filled with jobbers.

Not to mention we have input from players who haven't ever played a SF game competitively. There's not a single place for discussing other than Japan because

USA is free and disorganised
Online forums are filled with opinions without facts or experience to back them up

My garbage list is, in NPO.

Ryu
Ken
Nash
Chun
Dhalsim
Ken i lold