What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
let it be known that scrubs on dub scrubs is ducking me as we speak

if anyone else would like to question my authority in this thread speak now or forever hold your peace

As JJvercetti mentioned, you can map all your controller buttons on the control game settings. The default "type A" settings has it most relevant to how the original arcade had them with the three punches from light to heavy on top and the three kicks the same bottom. I don't even use my middle finger, doubt many do honestly aside from doing the v-trigger and to just grip the controller. I use my thumb for light and medium punches and kicks, and my index for heavy punch and heavy kick. On my left hand I just use my index for the 2 punch and kick shortcut buttons.
so for EX moves u just use ur thumb to press between the buttons to press them both? I tried that but it seemed inconsistent which led me to try the index + middle finger method

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
let it be known that scrubs on dub scrubs is ducking me as we speak

if anyone else would like to question my authority in this thread speak now or forever hold your peace
Even though you've ducked me for a while now. But it's cool. I'll let you think your top dog. While I'm hanging with the real leaders. If only you knew.

so for EX moves u just use ur thumb to press between the buttons to press them both? I tried that but it seemed inconsistent which led me to try the index + middle finger method
I have my DS4 set up where L1 is HP, R1 is HK, and L2 and R2 are the PPP and KKK buttons. I have the shoulder buttons set like that so any links with the heavy buttons I press actual buttons instead of the pressure sensitive triggers. I feel like that messes up my execution. For EX moves I use my thumb to hit light+medium. I don't ever play any characters where it actually matters what 2 buttons you press for EX. Curious to see if they do that for SFV.

But now I play on a Hori FC. It's a pad with a dpad, 6 face buttons ([], X, O, /\, R1, R2) but also the four shoulder buttons. And a switch that changes the shoulders from the traditional layout to L3, R3 on the left and L1, L2 on the right. I play with that on so all my attacks are pressed with my right hand. I try to use the shoulder buttons to get my EX moves since the face buttons are a bit bigger. But in the heat of battle I still find myself pressing 2 face buttons with my thumb. Either way the move comes out for me so I guess it works out in the end.

Last edited:
Yes I use my thumb to press both light+medium punches or kicks. If you want to make sure you never miss them then use your thumb as mentioned to press both buttons and also use your index to press on either the heavy punch or kick, this way you're guaranteed never to miss an ex move, but honestly I haven't had any issues of ex moves not coming out when I use my thumb to press both buttons. Actually I've had more whiffs doing the supers QCFx2 than any ex move.

I was wrong about Alex's V Skill. It appears that the purpose of his slash elbow is to get a knock down and give you advantage to do a v skill. Only tested against Ryu's fireballs, but so far Heavy Slash Elbow allows you to v skill and block an EX Fireball. Medium allows you to block a heavy fireball, but not an EX.

Are there any faster fireballs than Ryu's EX?

You can cancel the flex into command grab though for punishes
I didn't know that. Thanks.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Fought an Alex last night for about 30 games went like 25-5 with Mika, hes not got anything with invincibility and his EX attacks lose to throws. As long as i didnt commit to a blockstring when he is in V trigger i can just react to the parry with a command throw and hes on the floor. His normals are good but I was able to whiff punish a lot of stuff really easily on reaction. Also not sure if my reactions were god awful trying to learn alex by eye but dash up powerbomb was surprisingly legit.