What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
for those interested -
MAINTENANCE IS COMPLETE
ALEX is selectable and the barebone store is up.
  • You can only buy colors 10-12
  • Colors have different prices, (i think according to your selected fighter's level)...
  • Story costumes are 4000 fight money each, only comes with 2 colors
  • Titles are 5000 each!
eta-
there are more colors i believe

Atomic Era

Grundy want pants too.
THOUGHTS? this is from the SFV bible.
Seems perfectly fine although I personally feel Ken is easier to play than Bison. Nash and F.A.N.G's reversal options and 4f jabs, Zangief's struggle to get in, and Karin's links/V trigger offense definitely put them in the harder to play end of the spectrum for new players.

So what do you think Bison needs to be a viable character in your opinion?
Well, buffing Bison would be difficult because his design is wack .
He has alot of issues and its kinda hard to pin down exactly what you'd have to buff just so he doesn't become too OP afterwards.

Some things hes missing aren't really unique to him: no 3 frame jab, no reversal...
but he also has the worst dedicated AA normal in the game and average jump normals on top of all that.
Plus, he has the worst walk speed in the game and one of the slowest dashes in the game at 22 frames
thats easy to react and punish because it flashes purple.

If I was personally going to buff him I would start by giving him a much faster walk speed, a viable AA outside super
and maybe some kinda corner escape option like Nash or an armored reversal so he doesn't just die when he gets knocked down in the corner
vs R. Mika.

And If all that still wasn't enough then I would give him a 3 frame jab and reduce the charge time on scissor kicks and make them push back more on block.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
alex has an overhead, an air dive, can combo into his command grab. his version of laura's shoulder has a projectile hitbox and he can combo off them on counterhit. his kd's provide more advantage

alex also has a back charge move and down charge special gives him 3/4ths screen prescence with ex version being projectile invincible and +2 on block

also the same stomp can be a command grab instead of an overhead with the stun being pretty high on hit but he can also just cancel it for the fakeout

then you have his v-system giving him a parry and guar breaking moves

like so chill ok sun

I'm unsure about Alex. Outside of his V Skill he doesn't seem to have much in the way of combos, and I can't seem to find any guaranteed V Skill set up on knock down (if they tech that is). Also, you get hit before the v skill animation finishes you don't get the buff.

If anyone finds anything with him, please tag me.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
an air dive, can combo into his command grab. his version of laura's shoulder has a projectile hitbox and he can combo off them on counterhit.
Can you hit alex during the roll after the air dive?

Is the shoulder thing QCF+P(cross chip that has an extension from Heavy)

How can he combo into his command grab?

Can you hit alex during the roll after the air dive?

Is the shoulder thing QCF+P(cross chip that has an extension from Heavy)

How can he combo into his command grab?
The comboing into grab is exclusive to heavy flash chop, and the start up on it is pretty long so you won't just be throwing it out there. You can combo into heavy flash chop from s.hp, but only in v skill or as a raw counter hit. S.hp-h.flash chop-grab nets around 300 though iirc, so the payoff is there if you can pull it off.

I can't answer the other question, but my guess is yes it is like in 3S.