What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Infamous

Banned
Spiral arrow not being a low means nothing when Cammy doesn't even have overheads lol.

Cammy plays practically nothing like IV Cammy, which is a vortex machine. She plays like a more traditional Cammy, similar to CvS2 and ST Cammy. She's not ruined, just Cammy players expected IV Cammy.
Look...I respect you but SFV is off topic for you guys. You can regulate Reptile specifics all you want...but you are not Reo, you are not Foxy, and you sure as hell are not Infiltration, Momochi, NOR Kbrad.

Please Dontay....just stop.

Reactions: PPJ

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Look...I respect you but SFV is off topic for you guys. You can regulate Reptile specifics all you want...but you are not Reo, you are not Foxy, and you sure as hell are not Infiltration, Momochi, NOR Kbrad.

Please Dontay....just stop.
K lol. Continue the dick ride then. :p

Not like these guys haven't been wrong anyway.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Is Ken a psychopath and is his spouse an enabler? How the fuck do you get invited to a party and start beating the person in their own house? Putting your feet in their face and lighting them on fire and shit.

Why would you bring your wife and child to spectate a brawl with a man wielding chains? On that topic, why the hell is he even going around beating random people? You walk into a Taco Bell and the clerk says you're not invited, puts his fists up and you smile and beat on him FIRST without an iota of surprise, or showing the goddamn invitation?

Ken is a banana haired douchebag. Never touching him again.

Yes folks, story mode discussion is going to continue until we can actually play matches with each other.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Lol! He's trying to get a "69" win streak right now.
Yup. And he was singing like a madman, as well. Without question the most entertaining Street Fighter streamer, which is incredible, because 90% of the time I have no idea what he's talking about. He's just super likable and is clearly having a lot of fun. Definitely my favorite SF player.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
So far I've been really feeling Gief, Mika, and Necalli.

Which is how I expected things to go...

Too bad the server has been fucked since release.

John Grizzly

Which characters if any play like MK characters?
Not really any of them, to be honest, but I know what you're getting at.

If I had to pick one, I'd say Necalli. That's who I've decided to main for now. His V-skill (MP+MK) is a great zoning tool and you can control where it goes on screen, sort of like Quan Chi's Runes, for example. He also has a target combo (MK, HK, MP+MK), which will be familiar to you if you are an MK player. His command grab (QCB+P) is good and the EX version can be juggled after (DP being the best option currently). His cr.MK is probably his best poke. Canceling that into his LK Stomp will be one of your main pressure tools.

Anyway, I can post some of his bread and butters/best anti-airs and what not if you're interested, but I feel like Necalli will feel the most familiar for you.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
1) Might be Necalli
2) Most likely Chun-Li ... godlike pokes
It would be Necalli, but he's a charge character - and that makes him more defensive by default.

Most aggressive I'm taking means rushdown pressure and that would probably also be Chun Li.

This will help explain...

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
What the hell did I even just read in the past 3 pages?

People need to judge and assess characters for themselves, instead of taking everyone elses opinion as law.
Yeah I have been in full LUL mode over the past few pages.

Reactions: Jer
FYI, Dhalsim is one of the "harder" characters. He doesn't have buttons you can just press. Just make sure to no your ranges and angles and get a feel for what button does what. Then once you're able to get hits you'll want to learn how to setup his instant air teleport mixups/pressure and I think he is still currently really plus on a instant air yoga flame.

Not happening so you'll be waiting for a very long time. I can see them doing another disc years later but I highly doubt it. Especially since they have a F2P model and balancing will be done through patches.
Yeh i heard he is. Thanks for the tips tho, helps me out

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Is it just me or is Chun OD? She has a good answer for every situation, awesome buttons, and confusing mixups. Obviously it's day 2 but she's definitely given me the most trouble.

I'm using Ryu, he's the only one I feel like I have any bearings with so far. I was using Karin but her lack of really reliable AA options kills it for me.
Chun Li is a god in the medium range game. Her standing HP and MK absolutely stuffs whiffed moves and has fantastic range. Her standing LK shuts down all jump in attempts at medium range. Her crouching lp is 3 frames, so she can punish basically anything off of it. People with really strong footsies will make her look OP.

Just from her buttons you can tell she is one of the strongest in the game.

its a bit of a stretch but Karin uses the same string based system.
?? She doesn't use mk style "string based system" any more than any of the other characters. She uses normals cancelled into specials just like everyone else in SFV. Her main BnB starts from a C.mp standing MP link that you do not dial in like an MK combo. Her QCF +K changes properties based on the directional input used with the followup punch attack. So, c.mp, s.mp qcb + LP ~ c.k as a basic BnB is hardly a mk style type of string. Nor is c.HP QCF k, MP, QCB + lk, QCB MP + HP.

If anything, I'd say the characters with standing target combos fit MK style moreso than Karin does.

Anyway, more Karin stuffs.
You can use block stun from a blocked standing HP and cancel it into QCF HK to push your opponent to the corner, but it can be hit out of, so condition your opponent to keep blocking in fear of her overhead before you use this too much. The nice thing about this is that if you hit confirm the standing HP, you can cancel your QCF +k dash by pressing any punch and get a launch into a juggle. With meter, QCB +lk into super will connect off the juggle.

Karin can make people flat out stop using projectiles. She can punish any projectile on reaction with a 3 hit HKD. She has a standing reset. EX QCF + k into c+P gives a crumble, then you can standing HP into QCF +lk into poke to restand then right in front of you.

Her j.mk is a crossover. Because of this you can mixup using j.mk and j.HP from cross over range, both hit confirmable into her big damage BnBs.

Her J.HK has pretty damn good range for air to air. kinda reminds me of Cammy in 4.

Bad things - her reversal options aren't the greatest. Her wakeups aren't that great either. She's kinda like Rufus there.

John Grizzly

It would be Necalli, but he's a charge character - and that makes him more defensive by default.

Most aggressive I'm taking means rushdown pressure and that would probably also be Chun Li.

This will help explain...
Can we consider Necalli a charge character even though he only has one charge move which is primarily only used as a combo ender?

Reactions: GAV

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I'm I missing something, or is there no way to make it so practice mode settings and match making settings are saved?