What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

mercureXI

Punching bag that throws fans !
Aparently the cross plataform netplay still has a few issues from the beta... like missing inputs and it rollbacks it apparently can desync... couple guys i talked to sometimes experience wierd stuff on cross play, this goes for both sides... anyone here been having weird things happen mid matchs? if you dont know what im talking about, stuff like your just blocking not pressing anything else but keep getting it or you stop blocking mid blockstring to and get it stuff like that
Never had problems when not playing against wifi players (teleport matches).

Servers being overloaded and lobbies kicking you out a lot, is more of a problem to me right now.

Good thing ranked / casual still works though.

I'll let you know if I experience such missing inputs, but from Saturday up to today, had no such thing happen.

Last edited:

Poto2222

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015.
What the hell is going on in this thread? :confused: Y'all need to calm down and explore the game more.

BTW, this game's servers are really testing my patience. :mad: It keeps disconnecting me all the time. They've been testing the servers since last year, why is this happening? Ugh...

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Saying Cammy sucks in SFV because you are comparing her to SFIV Cammy is like saying Grandmaster sucks in MKX because he cant even do ice clone in the air lol. If you want to know where Cammy stands in SFV you have to compare her to the other charavters in SFV, not characters in SFIV. Eveb then, its a completely different game, with no established meta, on day 2, no one knows where anyone stands, NO ONE.

Noob
Anyhow, can a Rashid player tell me something, the little tornado spin he does the Low version that leaves ppl standing... is that not punishable or atleast cant i poke you out of just keep doing it over and over again?

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
New Street Fighter player here. I'm using Necalli, practiced that cutie R Mika for a bit but she seems a bit harder, not necessarily on execution just requires more knowledge. Necalli seems dope, could he be played a defensive character or am I better off going with someone like Bison?

The one thing I'm having trouble adapting to is circular inputs, even quarter circles. I'm so used to my crispy MK down-forward's and I keep missing diagonals.

Noob
New Street Fighter player here. I'm using Necalli, practiced that cutie R Mika for a bit but she seems a bit harder, not necessarily on execution just requires more knowledge. Necalli seems dope, could he be played a defensive character or am I better off going with someone like Bison?

The one thing I'm having trouble adapting to is circular inputs, even quarter circles. I'm so used to my crispy MK down-forward's and I keep missing diagonals.
just gotta get used to sliding your finger, youll get it down in no time, but in terms of selecting a character, speaking honestly tho, just try a couple of them out see what fits your playing style... im always an advocate that you shouldnt pick a character and ajust to it rather you should pick something that you feel confurtable in... and you enjoy

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
SFV Cammy's spiral arrow is a high snd she had zero setups from a back throw. Please...just stop.
Spiral arrow not being a low means nothing when Cammy doesn't even have overheads lol.

Cammy plays practically nothing like IV Cammy, which is a vortex machine. She plays like a more traditional Cammy, similar to CvS2 and ST Cammy. She's not ruined, just Cammy players expected IV Cammy.

Noob
Spiral arrow not being a low means nothing when Cammy doesn't even have overheads lol.

Cammy plays practically nothing like IV Cammy, which is a vortex machine. She plays like a more traditional Cammy, similar to CvS2 and ST Cammy. She's not ruined, just Cammy players expected IV Cammy.
i honestly find that this Cammy is how she should always be... the roster in this game is fairly balanced... there are a couple 7/3s in the game but not that many and Cammy as she is, she is a very good allaround character

Redux

Ex Phase
can anyone explain the move priority system for me or can link me in the right direction. For example do mediums or heavy's stuff lights etc; I haven't gotten the chance to play online yet since I'm still digging through the game's mechanics and characters I'm interested in playing.

mercureXI

What the hell is going on in this thread? :confused: Y'all need to calm down and explore the game more.

BTW, this game's servers are really testing my patience. :mad: It keeps disconnecting me all the time. They've been testing the servers since last year, why is this happening? Ugh...
First few days is always more stress on servers for online heavy games.

It will get better with time.

Beta being "closed" only helped so much when it comes to handling THAT many people during launch day.

Follow SFserver on Tweeter, you'll have updates if needed.

mercureXI

can anyone explain the move priority system for me or can link me in the right direction. For example do mediums or heavy's stuff lights etc; I haven't gotten the chance to play online yet since I'm still digging through the game's mechanics and characters I'm interested in playing.
Yeah it's 3.3 system : mediums have priority over lights, hards over mediums.

A good example to understand that : use any move that puts you +2 on block, use a medium that's 5 frames startup afterwards : if your opponent tries to use a 3frames jab, you'll have priority over him, it will never ever trade.

Really useful when trying to net those Crush Counters :)

Last edited:
I am looking for a training buddy myself. I'm basically starting over as I HATED sf4. anyone looking to build from the ground up please message me and add me on PSN FranqG25

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Yeah it's 3.3 system : lights have priority over mediums, mediums over hards.

A good example to understand that : use any move that puts you +2 on block, use a medium that's 5 frames startup afterwards : if your opponent tries to use a 3frames jab, you'll have priority over him, it will never ever trade.

Really useful when trying to net those Crush Counters :)
You listed them wrong but explain it right. Lights have the least priority, mediums beat lights, heavys beat mediums, moves of the same strength will trade. Crush counter moves only crush counter on counter hit

Noob
Hmmmm Let me try to put it this way for you so its eazy to piece out, Lights are faster but they have low advantages, Mediums are in the middle as balanced pokes usually, Heavies are slow but have a lot of hit and block advantage... usually you wanna poke with your mediums because for the most part they are the best all around tool for every sitiuation (range advantage etc..) but Lights will beat out heavies due to being faster in theory ofc, But some heavies will have better hit boxes and if thrown at the right distance will crush other buttons giving you a CC... Honestly you just gotta test the buttons of your character and see what you think is a viable poking tool... For Instance Bisons Heave cross punch, its a heavy button but it has such good range and speed that it will beat out a lot of buttons from other characters... so honestly its really character and MU specific

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
I'm unsure if I should get this game or not. I want to get better at fighters in general, and since SF is said to be similar to Injustice, and have a greater emphasis on footsies and spacing, I really want to get it.

On the other hand, I have SFIV I bought for like $10, and can't do anything since all the combos seem to require a stick, and the instruction manual is pretty poor.

I've only just started being able to do long strings, and I practice that in MKX at the moment. Basically...should I get it now and learn it, or wait until it comes down in price and I'm better at being able to execute combos?
get it man.. even if you dont stick with it for like the next 7-10 years ( or however long its life span) it will give you a lot of good knowledge/practice for fighting games in general that you really cant learn in too many other games.

also - when it comes to combos- pad or stick- execution just comes best with what feels most comfortable to you. i cant play for shit on pad .. i mean i truely suck horribly- my hands just arent made for that - but i been playing on stick since pretty much SF 2 CE. i can tiger knee on command on stick- and pretty much cant do them for shit on pad.. but then you got guys like Du who play pad at top level. pretty much practice and hardwork and youll get execution down.

FallofSeraphs76

Beware of a sharp edged weapon,called human being
You know Amazon sells it cheaper right?
Yeah but I got mine 1/2 off due to I won 3rd place at the tournament. I went ahead and used that credit for the book. Its REALLY REALLY good.... Ive been reading it for 2 days and its like a friggin encyclopedia... its the est book Ive seen on a fighting game. Ive learned a ton of stuff for Ken in this book.

FallofSeraphs76

So.. I heard a rumour that no arcade sticks or hitbox's are working on the PC version yet.. is that true?
they work but you have to rewire the HK button to the correct position. Its that simple... I believe it is mapping HK to the start button or something odd like that. I dont have a PS stick but 2 of my friends have done this with their sticks on their SF PC game.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
i disagree, Ken has pretty good footsies, one of the best imo, besides Cammy and Laura, he does great damage and can create overwhelming pressure, i dont think he is a zoner at all.
Why? How? I'm not mad, just not seeing it myself. I'm only getting good damage off target combos and crush counters into run. Please help!

Also is there frame data anywhere for this game? Jump testing everything is getting tedious.

FallofSeraphs76

Why? How? I'm not mad, just not seeing it myself. I'm only getting good damage off target combos and crush counters into run. Please help!

Also is there frame data anywhere for this game? Jump testing everything is getting tedious.
But the Official SF5 book I mentioned earlier...it has every move, every piece of data and 25 pages per character of combos, advice on long range, mid range, up close tactics. Its worth it...trust me. If you want to know all these things now... get the book. its not like those books that have little info in them and a bunch of pictures... its 100% everything you need to know... Ive never seen a book this full of tech