What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Anyone want to Add me on PSN "BUYACUSHUN". CFN ID is "CM_BUYACUSHUN" I'll be playing R.Mika, Zangief, and Ken. Might expand to Dhalsim and Chun.

Why the fuck is there no rematch button for casual matches? This shitty launch online would at least be okay if could run a long set with people that are relatively smooth.
I think you have to set up a battle lounge to run sets.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
shoutouts to ryu's axe kick as an antiair

I'm I missing something, or is there no way to make it so practice mode settings and match making settings are saved?
i dont know about when you log off but as far as practice> matchmaking> back to practice goes all my settings stay the same.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
MK9 and MKX had their online problems but fuck they were never as bad as Frame-Skip Fighter 5 and it's teleporting ghost characters.

I've never seen a rollback netcode so shite.

Game feels and plays amazing. I'm loving it so far.

I really appreciate the added input buffer too. After years of SFIV 1 frame links, the controls here feel silky smooth.

Gief is probably my favorite so far. Will probably dive more into FANG as well.

But dam, a ton of features are missing from this game. I'm surprised it cost 60 at launch.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
MK9 and MKX had their online problems but fuck they were never as bad as Frame-Skip Fighter 5 and it's teleporting ghost characters.

lmao relax. if the netcode were left in this current state it would be 1000000x better than any nrs game before march 1st

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
lmao relax. if the netcode were left in this current state it would be 50x better than any nrs game before march 1st
No.

I'd rather have a netcode that's shitty where I can see what's happening than a netcode that's shitty and my opponent is phasing and porting around everywhere.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
No.

I'd rather have a netcode that's shitty where I can see what's happening than a netcode that's shitty and my opponent is phasing and porting around everywhere.
here's the thing

sfv: best outcome with netcode = zero issues.

nrs games: best outcome with netcode = not a hot dumpster fire, like 50% of the time.

sfv worst outcome: teleporting everywhere but the devs constantly keeping the community updated on improvements and they're definitely noticeable.

nrs worst outcome: 7 years of silence/lie until random announcemnt of ggpo

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
No.

Lol if a netcode is shitty, it's shitty. Don't really feel any better than the other.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
here's the thing

sfv: best outcome with netcode = zero issues.

nrs games: best outcome with netcode = not a hot dumpster fire, like 50% of the time.

sfv worst outcome: teleporting everywhere but they're constantly keeping the community updated on improvements and their definitely noticeable.

nrs worst outcome: 7 years of silence until random announcemnt of ggpo
Right now, MKX honestly is near SFV best outcome honestly.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.

you set your options to "4-5" and Ask? That's what i have and my matches have been silky smooth. Went to 3-5 and started getting some rollbacks.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
the gameplay is so good itself, that i'd almost forgive this shitty launch
I'm having a blast learning the game mechanics and characters. So when everything up to date (Story, DLC, Content) it's just going to be even more fun.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Right now, MKX honestly is near SFV best outcome honestly.
MKX online beta has been absolutely smooth fro me, SFV however has not.

It's not without any smooth games, most are, I just hate getting shit ones at the frequency I am.
you set your options to "4-5" and Ask? That's what i have and my matches have been silky smooth. Went to 3-5 and started getting some rollbacks.
Of course, hell I even upped it to 5 only.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
I'm having a blast learning the game mechanics and characters. So when everything up to date (Story, DLC, Content) it's just going to be even more fun.
oh i love it too and i'm sure that sfv will shape up to be the content-packed game it's meant to be in less than 6 months but the launch is/was still crazy bad.

i'm not worried about the future of this game at all tho. it'll be great. i can wait, i'm patient like a karin playing vs birdie.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.

It's not without any smooth games, most are, I just hate getting shit ones at the frequency I am.

Then maybe you're just unlucky and get sucky wireless dudes chilling in the living room. Have tried private matches with several friends?

Oh and the servers are getting shitted on right now.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069

you play nrs games like the rest of us right? of all groups of people you can't be patient for netcode adjustments for launch-day hiccups?

at least it's not a year later

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
you play nrs games like the rest of us right? of all groups of people you can't be patient for netcode adjustments for launch-day hiccups?

at least it's not a year later
What comes later is not the same as what's here now.

That nice future netcode will be fine, but for now I'm dragging through skipping, clipping shit.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
What comes later is not the same as what's here now.

That nice future netcode will be fine, but for now I'm dragging through skipping, clipping shit.
i'm saying channel whatever monk- like paitence that kept you playing nrs games for years into this for like a month, tops.

no need to make ridiculous maniac statements