What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

xiskza

Underworld
SFV is a great game. Wasnt always like this, but its reached that status for me. I like it a lot more than IJ2 or DBFZ, but to each their own.

Anyway...

Damn... his slick hair

Last edited:

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Sigh.

Watching Justin Wong.. testing st.lk into throw as Urien.. No longer works.

oh is -8 w/ hardly any pushback, so solid punish almost any time its blocked regardless of spacing.

Last edited:
I know she got the nerf hammer after season 1, how has she been after? And is she better now with this patch compared to s3?
Yeah she didn't really get touched in sfv ae besides extra dmg on command grab and a buffed cr.mp. She's definitely better now though because she got more dmg again in the same command grab. Also she doesn't really feel changed tbh, the hpeach is a plus now because midscreen we don't have to spend a bar now for f.hp,fhpxxExWH/expeach you can just f.hp,fhpxxHpeach
With a lot of characters getting hit I'd say she just moved up by default.

EntropicByDesign

OK, @FL Rushdown will have to confirm, Im shit.. But looks like we can get CCst.hp walk-up cr.hp ~ etc, from point blank, to about half a step back. So it seems like you still have to be pretty close.

CantingSoup

Anyone have tips on the timing of down back > charge > qcf p xx qcf p. I’m learning FANG and I can’t get past his 7th trial. I play on hitbox if that means anything.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
Anyone have tips on the timing of down back > charge > qcf p xx qcf p. I’m learning FANG and I can’t get past his 7th trial. I play on hitbox if that means anything.
I don't play Fang but sounds like Alex trial the second player is jumping and I have to time his Lariat. It caused the second player to go into a Crush counter state and I have to juggle them with his Slash Elbow canceling into his CA.

I find it easier to charge D/DB and then do a QCF with charge moves as well. As soon as I peform the Lariat and here that CC I IMMEDIATELY charge DB. I wait till he recovers then do QCF.K then cancel to QCF.P to get his critical art. The issue with getting this perfect is to time it when the second player is being juggled at a certain height after the crush counter and I make sure his Slash connects just where he meets Alex chest level int CA.

I play on stick but I would imagine on Hitbox it should be easier?

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Already videos of ppl complaining about Capcom's decision to buff Cammy like crazy. Man o man....this company lol Honestly, this year will be the fall of Capcom having the top game in the FGC take a step down. I hope they really evaluate on how they treat their product, get their leaks in check, stop being so damn greedy with their DLC, and just overall make better decisions. Do Better Capcom....do fucking better!

EntropicByDesign

Already videos of ppl complaining about Capcom's decision to buff Cammy like crazy. Man o man....this company lol Honestly, this year will be the fall of Capcom having the top game in the FGC take a step down. I hope they really evaluate on how they treat their product, get their leaks in check, stop being so damn greedy with their DLC, and just overall make better decisions. Do Better Capcom....do fucking better!

The Cammy thing is mind boggling. Prior to the patch I was tinkering with messing with her some, I find her neutral super fun to play, but after that patch.. ugh. No damn chance. Not even jumping on that boat.

There seem to have been some really decent changes, mixed with some weird ones. I'm partially on the outside looking in because I barely play and don't know the state of things right now in any real detail.. but the consensus is that Vega didn't get what he needed in any shape or form. Abi was probably hit too hard*. Rashid was probably deleted from the game*... And so on. My man Urien lost some shit and had his already kinda rare, vt2 nerfed.. and I'm not gonna lie, I'm extremely salty about that st.lk tic. I love me some throws. But I can't speak for how he'll come out because, well, fuck if I know.

I dunno man, I'm happy in some ways and disappointed and confused in others.

Can anyone here tell me why an Alex players would want to cancel Lariat? I'm not being a smart-ass, Im literally asking. To my extremely limited knowledge I can't work out what on Earth that change is meant to accomplish. More options are more options. Just seems sorta weird?

As to dlc, I don't mind the costumes that drop so often, minus the fact that they are all for this little ass group of characters and everyone else is left out.. oh and a lot of the costumes are insultingly lazy. Costume packs should be a thing if you choose that route. I like costumes. In IV, through sales, I bought almost every pack over time.

Oh well. At least Nash has some interesting new stuff.

CC scaling is an awesome change. ✅
Way faster menus is awesome.✅
Buffing strong characters is awful.❌
Nerfing weak characters is awful.❌

So, haven't read too much since patch came out but anything else you guys notice? Cammy too strong?

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Guys, stop hating on Crapcom or you-know-who is going to have to stop digging for audio clips of people sarcastically calling him the best and come rage in here some more and nobody wants that.

EntropicByDesign

Lol, how's Laura? She's kinda a grappler. She's my second character after Ryu but not even sure if they became better or not.

I certainly cant speak from experience here, but looking at her changes, she got some nerfs. Where she'll land I have no idea..

st.mk is +4 now on hit.. That's a buff. I dont know what all it enables exactly, since she has a 3f normal I presume she could combo st.mk into st.lp already. I guess this allows cr.lk or cr.lp to combo after, both being 4f normals.. but Im not sure why you'd care. They are +4 OH, vs st.lp's +3, but since I dont know her combo route, I have no idea what this equates to - or if it enables something else entirely. Shrug.

Her sweep seems to have gotten 2f worse on whiff and block.. so a 'nerf'.. more time to whiff punish, or punish on block. FAT says -12 OB, but I dunno if its updated or not. -12 or -14 seems about the same to me in that you can punish with just about anything you're in range for either way. Shrug.

Linear Movement – Avante/Linear Movement – Esquiva/Linear Movement – Finta (Spark Show Version. - This can be CH now I guess? I dont know it means when it says its had it's collision boxes expanded upward when performed from thunder clap or somehting.. I have no idea.. But them being CHable now - if thats what it means - I would think is a noticeable nerf? Shrug.

Esquiva (Attack, Spark Show Version) - Startup increased from 34F to 32F. Not sure if this is a typo or what. Cause increasing from 34 to 32 doesnt make sense. So I dunno if they are saying they decreased it by 2f (a buff) or its supposed to read "Increased from 32 to 34". FAT online doesnt have startup frame data here, so I dunno.

Double slap - her vreversal - is 1f slower. Nerf.

EX Sunset Wheel - her command throw - expanded forward hitbox for second active throw frame... You'll need someone smarter than me to chime in here. No clue. Maybe its a small increase in range past its first active frame? Maybe it retracted a little after that or something. Dunno its range prior, so I cant try to eyeball test it.

Matsuda Sway - her vt2 ability, done w/ hp+hk when in VT2 - doesnt use V gauge any more. This would be a buff. I have no idea how big of one, or whatever. But you can use it to your hearts content now.

Shock choke - vt2 ability.. you do the sway w/ hp+hk, then you activate the choke by hitting hp+hk again when your close. You can also do the sway, and access your mp+mk command dash forward then hit hp+hk to activate it. Uses twice the vgauge now.. and had a "phenomenon" fixed where the move would have a hurtbox during its animation. So, sort of a nerf in that it uses twice the gauge, but Im guessing that since the gauge use of the Sway itself was removed, its probably the same? Im gonna GUESS and say before you could sway into choke twice... and now you can sway all you want, but you can still only choke twice. I read the hurtbox fix thing as a bug that was fixed.

Soooooooo, I have no idea why I typed all that. Im really bored. She seems like by and large she was nerfed, unless that st,mk buff amounts to more than I understand it to.. She's had some stuff made slower, and some things made a little more unsafe. etc.

Shruggles.

I certainly cant speak from experience here, but looking at her changes, she got some nerfs. Where she'll land I have no idea..

st.mk is +4 now on hit.. That's a buff. I dont know what all it enables exactly, since she has a 3f normal I presume she could combo st.mk into st.lp already. I guess this allows cr.lk or cr.lp to combo after, both being 4f normals.. but Im not sure why you'd care. They are +4 OH, vs st.lp's +3, but since I dont know her combo route, I have no idea what this equates to - or if it enables something else entirely. Shrug.

Her sweep seems to have gotten 2f worse on whiff and block.. so a 'nerf'.. more time to whiff punish, or punish on block. FAT says -12 OB, but I dunno if its updated or not. -12 or -14 seems about the same to me in that you can punish with just about anything you're in range for either way. Shrug.

Linear Movement – Avante/Linear Movement – Esquiva/Linear Movement – Finta (Spark Show Version. - This can be CH now I guess? I dont know it means when it says its had it's collision boxes expanded upward when performed from thunder clap or somehting.. I have no idea.. But them being CHable now - if thats what it means - I would think is a noticeable nerf? Shrug.

Esquiva (Attack, Spark Show Version) - Startup increased from 34F to 32F. Not sure if this is a typo or what. Cause increasing from 34 to 32 doesnt make sense. So I dunno if they are saying they decreased it by 2f (a buff) or its supposed to read "Increased from 32 to 34". FAT online doesnt have startup frame data here, so I dunno.

Double slap - her vreversal - is 1f slower. Nerf.

EX Sunset Wheel - her command throw - expanded forward hitbox for second active throw frame... You'll need someone smarter than me to chime in here. No clue. Maybe its a small increase in range past its first active frame? Maybe it retracted a little after that or something. Dunno its range prior, so I cant try to eyeball test it.

Matsuda Sway - her vt2 ability, done w/ hp+hk when in VT2 - doesnt use V gauge any more. This would be a buff. I have no idea how big of one, or whatever. But you can use it to your hearts content now.

Shock choke - vt2 ability.. you do the sway w/ hp+hk, then you activate the choke by hitting hp+hk again when your close. You can also do the sway, and access your mp+mk command dash forward then hit hp+hk to activate it. Uses twice the vgauge now.. and had a "phenomenon" fixed where the move would have a hurtbox during its animation. So, sort of a nerf in that it uses twice the gauge, but Im guessing that since the gauge use of the Sway itself was removed, its probably the same? Im gonna GUESS and say before you could sway into choke twice... and now you can sway all you want, but you can still only choke twice. I read the hurtbox fix thing as a bug that was fixed.

Soooooooo, I have no idea why I typed all that. Im really bored. She seems like by and large she was nerfed, unless that st,mk buff amounts to more than I understand it to.. She's had some stuff made slower, and some things made a little more unsafe. etc.

Shruggles.
Dude I honestly appreciate your input, yea seems she got nerfed overall. Still seems like a good character to me though, and she's fun as hell. Being a hybrid grappler is awesome, her fireball although it doesn't travel full screen can be so annoying because it's so slow in a weird way. Thanks man for the input.

Last edited: