What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

@FL Rushdown

Please to chime in on Urien changes?

It sucks that a completely reasonable and balanced character like Abigail seems to have been nerfed somewhat. It's almost like Capcom thought he... Ok I'm done. No more poking fun.. I DO GENUINELY HOPE that he remains viable for the people who played him because they liked the character - but everyone who jumped on his nuts because they thought they could scrape easy/cheesey wins can fuck off into the atmosphere.

Yay Blanka bufffssssssss.
Yay Karin bufffssssssss.
Yay other characters!

Stuff! Yay!

Cammy buffs - lol. I mean, options.

Honestly I wonder why Chun isn't buffed into the stratosphere regularly, good way to fuel those costume sales lol.
Urien is probably buffed. The changes to pushback are what’s gonna matter. If it’s not too drastic an increase on st lk it’s an incredibly large buff. St hp pushback changes could also be a large buff letting us get st hp cc walk up cr hp easier too. And st lp changes are worded weird but could bring back headbutt loops(but probably don’t unfortunately)

Also Abigail nerds were not slight. He got hurt pretty bad.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Urien is probably buffed. The changes to pushback are what’s gonna matter. If it’s not too drastic an increase on st lk it’s an incredibly large buff. St hp pushback changes could also be a large buff letting us get st hp cc walk up cr hp easier too. And st lp changes are worded weird but could bring back headbutt loops(but probably don’t unfortunately)

Also Abigail nerds were not slight. He got hurt pretty bad.
Yeah, when I saw the pushback change to st.hp cc I thought that could be super good depending on just how large a change it actually is.

Interesting changes all around. Blanka got some love and I'm super excited for that. I just like him and he's dumb and goofy and I'd like to have a pocket Blanka at some point. But I'm in no hurry.

Cammy. Sigh. I LIKE Cammy. I've thought about maining her before and parts of me still think about it, but I tend to get bored playing her for some reason. If I read the changes correctly, she has some more options to change things up.

And yeah, Abi got hit hard. As much as it may seem like I wanted him destroyed, I absolutely didn't. I want to see him in top 8s and shit. I do. He has such a cool personality and design. When I came back I actually would have mained him, had I not thought of him as flat out broken. Hes unique, he's huge, he's hilarious, he's got a ton of cool stuff, and so on. I hope he's at least decent after this.

Alex has some nice stuff it looks like. I don't pretend to have any idea how it will effect him.. Alex players say he has no pressure after a lot of his stuff and his command grabs were slow.. and I don't know if anything I saw helps the pressure issue, but he now has his EX power bomb @ 5f so that's awesome. Alex was the character I planned to main at release, until I saw his visual design and vomited in my mouth. Now he has his nostalgia skin though, and if I wanted a grappler, he'd be my go-to.

Guile I dunno how his stuff will play out and how it will matter in a larger view.

Anyway. Very optimistic. Hope the game settles in a good place after all is said and done. Still happy with my Urien choice, but I MAY give one other character a little play. I'm learning the game on pad and charge characters feel.janky as fuck to me on pad. Cant seem to adjust properly.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
RIP Abigail, it was fun having a viable grappler in a Capcom game while it lasted but we all knew they wouldn’t let that shit fly forever because scrubs.

Last edited:

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
haven't been playing in a while. I see they completely destroyed Vega. That was nice of them. Changes for tomorrow don't seem to do much for him either.

EntropicByDesign

haven't been playing in a while. I see they completely destroyed Vega. That was nice of them. Changes for tomorrow don't seem to do much for him either.

Yeah I've heard people say he's one of the worst characters in the game right now.. and the changes don't look like they amount to very much really.

I want to get my hands on these Urien changes damnit. Im excited to see how they effect him.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Yeah I've heard people say he's one of the worst characters in the game right now.. and the changes don't look like they amount to very much really.

I want to get my hands on these Urien changes damnit. Im excited to see how they effect him.
i mean he was one of the least seen characters in the game even before he was nerfed, they seem to have just ruined him entirely. I can't believe how many bad changes he's recieved, why Capcom?

I'm playing Chun but I'm interested in Zeku he looks like my sort of deal. And he's getting a LOT of changes tomorrow so hmmmmmmmm

Last edited:
I'm not the great patch notes guru but it seems like they buffed cammy? AND nerfed her at the same time? I really really think she was fine yesterday. Also sucks that they nerfed Abigail that much, I mean poor big body's finally had a top 32 hero, and now it's gone.

EntropicByDesign

I'm not the great patch notes guru but it seems like they buffed cammy? AND nerfed her at the same time? I really really think she was fine yesterday. Also sucks that they nerfed Abigail that much, I mean poor big body's finally had a top 32 hero, and now it's gone.
Abi was more than a top 32 hero. And hell, all through s2 Gief was a beast with serious threat.

I don't understand some of the changes, but I can't put some of them in context either. So who knows.

Abi was more than a top 32 hero. And hell, all through s2 Gief was a beast with serious threat.

I don't understand some of the changes, but I can't put some of them in context either. So who knows.
Yea you're right, I understated Abigail's placings I know. And reading through players opinions as well as top player ones, seems Cammy got buffed and might be top 3.

xiskza

Underworld
On the other hand, the universal changes they're making are good imo.

Also apparently there are buffs to characters not mentioned in the patch notes

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Yea you're right, I understated Abigail's placings I know. And reading through players opinions as well as top player ones, seems Cammy got buffed and might be top 3.
Still not as good as the factually best character in the game, Guile, though. Capcom really wants Daigo to win a major but let’s be honest here, Guile players can’t even figure out how to post image files let alone win tournaments lol.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
So crush counters do less damage now, I believe this is a good change, more baited punishes, more mind games, thoughts?
I agree with you my friend. I believe this should have been the meta after season 1. That's one of the good changes I see in the new patch coming in the next hour or so.

I still think the top tier who got nerf will still be good, but at least they are not above and beyond when 3.0 dropped. My only gripe is I think they shouldn't have buff Cammy and Menat, and might have nerf Abi a bit too much. Also they should have buff some of the low tiers like Ryu, Fang, Alex, Juri, Ed, and Vega. That's all that was needed.

I agree with you my friend. I believe this should have been the meta after season 1. That's one of the good changes I see in the new patch coming in the next hour or so.

I still think the top tier who got nerf will still be good, but at least they are not above and beyond when 3.0 dropped. My only gripe is I think they shouldn't have buff Cammy and Menat, and might have nerf Abi a bit too much. Also they should have buff some of the low tiers like Ryu, Fang, Alex, Juri, Ed, and Vega. That's all that was needed.
Totally agree, the general gameplay changes are good, and way better than when the game came out, this is super important as capcom is going the right way, character balance is a different thing than gameplay changes, and capcom could easily throw out character changes anytime they want really so as long as the game as a whole gets better it's a good thing. But I agree, for some buffs/nerfs capcom should be better at it, sometimes they buff already strong characters and nerf low tier ones, wth man?