What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
in this game there is no reason to use blockstrings. there is no chipp dmg and you only lose pressure.
just try to get in and then mix:
-frame trap
-throw
-shimmy
thats pretty much an sf5 complete guide ;D
well theres still grey damage, thats potential damage and it becomes real once you land a hit or throw am i right?

MkPeezy

Unicorn Papi
but how am i supposed to utilize cammy's normals for frame traps & pressure
her normals are wild good I think sMP is like +3 or 4 on block so you can frame trap with a crush counter button or a light for even more advantage... if you got to fatonline you can go to the frame trap calculator and build your frame trap sequences from there

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Fuck this fuckin game, i can't do critical arts when im trying to do them, i keep getting cannon spikes when i want fuckin spiral arrows, and canned chat? fuckin really? fuck this shitty fuckfest.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Fuck this fuckin game, i can't do critical arts when im trying to do them, i keep getting cannon spikes when i want fuckin spiral arrows, and canned chat? fuckin really? fuck this shitty fuckfest.
Do you play NRS games with input shortcuts on?

MkPeezy

Unicorn Papi
Anyone else having problems with online? It's been unstable all fucking day I cant even play a match without extreme rollback and I've never had issues before....

Come here, **puts hands on shoulders .... This game. Is a grind. I'm serious. Albeit the simplicity behind the formula, execution of said formula is entirely different. Labbing is just as extensive as nrs, but application in match is on another level. Luckily for me I had a veteran training partner streamline my skills but I honestly I feel like after all this time "just now" I can go to a local and give competent players at least some competition.

I'll help you but don't come on here after every L and type your woes all over this thread. It dampers my excitement to see a reply on this long running entertaining thread.

Add my cfn newyorksensei I'll be online all night

Last edited:

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
yes i do

but im inches away from using the disc as a fuckin skateboard before splitting it in two.

i literally did quater circle forward heavy kick, and somehow fkin got cannon spike
Welcome to SFV. And I'm not even saying that in a smart ass way. Sfv is a game of extremes. It feels SO DAMN GOOD when things fall your way and your pressure and reads work and they guess wrong into big damage into a mix into a stun etc

But on the other hand, this game pisses me off like nothing else on Earth I have ever played. I can lose in Inj2 or Tekken, over and over and not get as salty as SFv can make me.

As to execution, just grind it out man. Sit in practice and do your spikes over and over and over. All your moves. Just repeat them 20 times each whenever you go to training mode. Sfv is super lenient with inputs, but this can cause accidental DP inputs in a lot if you aren't clean. Dashing into certain moves often results in a dp as well.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Welcome to SFV. And I'm not even saying that in a smart ass way. Sfv is a game of extremes. It feels SO DAMN GOOD when things fall your way and your pressure and reads work and they guess wrong into big damage into a mix into a stun etc

But on the other hand, this game pisses me off like nothing else on Earth I have ever played. I can lose in Inj2 or Tekken, over and over and not get as salty as SFv can make me.

As to execution, just grind it out man. Sit in practice and do your spikes over and over and over. All your moves. Just repeat them 20 times each whenever you go to training mode. Sfv is super lenient with inputs, but this can cause accidental DP inputs in a lot if you aren't clean. Dashing into certain moves often results in a dp as well.
my problem is i was trying to go from a shimmy into ex spiral arrow, to blow up a projectile, and i kept getting cannon spike.

also, already snapped the game in 2, good riddance...

my problem is i was trying to go from a shimmy into ex spiral arrow, to blow up a projectile, and i kept getting cannon spike.

Lmao! You've just experienced the Shin Shoryuken!! Tell me if you've seen any greater force!
But seriously bro sfv IS frustrating at times at any level. Most likely you were getting the cannon spike because you weren't going into neutral just for a millisecond before doing spiral arrow. Hey man I'm a forever scrub in SFV and it took me like a month before being able to do any supers (I'm not exaggerating). And now I can do them 100/100 at lighting speed. It's all practice man just had to grind a little.

EntropicByDesign

You are a man after my own strained and overworked heart.

What I do in that situation is walk back, walk forward and when it's time to qcf I tap back first extremely quickly. For me, it worked wonders. Used it on Akuma too when I'd walk forward and low forward fireball in neutral.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
doing critical art on reaction isnt easy either, i'd get cannon spike from that a lot too.

not to sure i wanna replace a game that i purposely broke.

doing critical art on reaction isnt easy either, i'd get cannon spike from that a lot too.

Critical arts (supers) as much as its uncommon takes practice to get and not have another move come out. That's what I meant in my post above, surely it won't take you a month to learn those right? If I can do it you can definetely too. But as in any fighter, takes grind time.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Putting input display on in training goes a long way toward showing you how much of a spaz you actually are instead of the game itself, no matter how much your ego wants to blame the latter. It’s both humbling and helpful.
the problem is that doing forward, qcf Kick, is basically the same as forward, Down, downforward kick

the other thing is, how are u supposed to hit confirm normals that are like 5 frames and faster?

the problem is that doing forward, qcf Kick, is basically the same as forward, Down, downforward kick

the other thing is, how are u supposed to hit confirm normals that are like 5 frames and faster?
1- idk what u mean, but in sf sometimes you must go to neutral before doing specials.
in your case: walk forward, neutral, special. otherwise your forward motion will be considered into your special motion.
same with dash forward into special!
you must neutral after the dash, otherwise you get dp,s or other things.

for your second question, give an example pls!

Last edited:

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword

You have to work on your execution. It's how you did your inputs which caused it. Watch Vespercade tutorials and he gives tips on how to execute properly. But I guess now it doesn't matter. Nrs input is not the same as this game or any other games for that matter. Just have to lab things my guy.

EntropicByDesign

I feel for him though..

Honestly, in my entire life, I have never, EVER had a game that pisses me off as much as SFV. I dunno what it is. I can play and lose - badly - in any number of other fighters and I do get salty and frustrated, but never the outright RAGE that SFV causes. Inj2 has claimed one controller that I twisted in half, but sfv has seen my entire Qnaba q4 thrown, punshed, slammed down, my desk and assorted things on it punched, small things hurled. Ive broken two pads in SFV and I DONT PLAY THE GAME ON PAD. they were just close by and my stick was too heavy to really properly baseball pitch at the wall.

Its weird, because sometimes I get pissed even when I win. I'll take a round or a game off some bullshit interaction, or some accidental thing and instead of relief of happiness or anything I just grind my teeth and think "Fucking shit that was stupid why the fuck did that happen" or whatever. I think the crush counter system has something to do with it.

That said, the gameplay is great and addicting and I look forward to AE and FULLY intend to return to the game. When things are going well and the game isnt showing some of the really poor (imo of course) design decisions I enjoy myself win or lose.. and truth be told, towards trhe end of my last stint of playing I had leveled up a lot over where I began, and the game was becoming less and less frustrating and not because I was winning or anything, but because I felt more in control and less at the whims of random fucking CCs.

I feel for him though..

Honestly, in my entire life, I have never, EVER had a game that pisses me off as much as SFV. I dunno what it is. I can play and lose - badly - in any number of other fighters and I do get salty and frustrated, but never the outright RAGE that SFV causes. Inj2 has claimed one controller that I twisted in half, but sfv has seen my entire Qnaba q4 thrown, punshed, slammed down, my desk and assorted things on it punched, small things hurled. Ive broken two pads in SFV and I DONT PLAY THE GAME ON PAD. they were just close by and my stick was too heavy to really properly baseball pitch at the wall.

Its weird, because sometimes I get pissed even when I win. I'll take a round or a game off some bullshit interaction, or some accidental thing and instead of relief of happiness or anything I just grind my teeth and think "Fucking shit that was stupid why the fuck did that happen" or whatever. I think the crush counter system has something to do with it.

That said, the gameplay is great and addicting and I look forward to AE and FULLY intend to return to the game. When things are going well and the game isnt showing some of the really poor (imo of course) design decisions I enjoy myself win or lose.. and truth be told, towards trhe end of my last stint of playing I had leveled up a lot over where I began, and the game was becoming less and less frustrating and not because I was winning or anything, but because I felt more in control and less at the whims of random fucking CCs.
the thing with sf5 is, you get exposed badly if u dont have proper fundamentals.
on the other side, the game doesnt allow u to have your own style (thats my main problem with the game).
and also cc,s in neutral are braindead lel.

looking forward for ae tho

EntropicByDesign

the thing with sf5 is, you get exposed badly if u dont have proper fundamentals.
on the other side, the game doesnt allow u to have your own style (thats my main problem with the game).
and also cc,s in neutral are braindead lel.

looking forward for ae tho

It does expose bad fundamentals, but +OB CC's and the nature of the strike/throw meta sometimes hides that, in a very bad way.

I agree though, I dont like how it limits approaches to a lot of characters. Not all for the most part, but in general there's A Way to Play Your Character and that's just it. Not nearly as much room for creativity IMO. Again, not that there ISNT room, just much less.