What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

It's been a while...

So quick update, I bought 1 more Karin hoodie since last time. So that's a total of $100 on pieces of clothing I will only wear sitting in my living room by myself that nobody else will ever see. I know, I'm worried about what I'm becoming too.

Who's excited for Dec. 9th?

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
It's been a while...

So quick update, I bought 1 more Karin hoodie since last time. So that's a total of $100 on pieces of clothing I will only wear sitting in my living room by myself that nobody else will ever see. I know, I'm worried about what I'm becoming too.

Who's excited for Dec. 9th?
Whats going on Dec 9th ?Question mark?

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
So the new patch and DLC for MvCi comes out Tuesday, then LCQ and CC is this weekend. Right after that we should get more info on the balance patch and then the following month AE.

so how do block strings work in this game? do they only occur if a normal is plus enough on block to jail the following normal?
Only normals that jail into other normals are 3 framers into another 3 framer that is +3, for example Vegas st lp. Some medium and hard attacks cancel into jailing specials like my beautiful, precious Karin with her st hp into orochi. To test it Set the dummy to block and reversal with either CA or an invincible reversal special.

in this game there is no reason to use blockstrings. there is no chipp dmg and you only lose pressure.
just try to get in and then mix:
-frame trap
-throw
-shimmy
thats pretty much an sf5 complete guide ;D