Street Fighter V General Discussion

Discussion in 'Street Fighter' started by Rickyraws, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Johnny Based Cage

Johnny Based Cage Day 10 Mediocre Darkseid Player
    Premium Supporter

I spent money on characters and stages n shit because I don’t have 30,000 ranked matches worth of time to sink into the game before I finish my earth science homework every night lul

2. New York Pizza

New York Pizza Premium Supporter
    Premium Supporter

Bro come over after class tomorrow I have work from 11am to 2pm (fml) I wanna grind survival mode on extreme for all characters I don't care if it takes all day because we have all day because that is my top and only priority because my life revolves around friends pretending that college life is hard and leage points lul

Johnny Based Cage likes this.
  3. FL Rushdown

Steam:
    Rushdown
    Is it weird that I don't even know who is insulting/supporting/memeing shazzy anymore? Like I honestly can't tell at this point.

4. Killphil

Killphil A prop on the stage of life.

PSN:
    Killphil89
    Yea you can. Don't lie you like fisher.

Psst- have another for your trouble. ;)

Sounds like a YOU problem brah. Elevate your ranked game to 30k online matches against the scrubs of the world and never spend a dime on dlc and get a free shiny diamond rank for your trouble. Or if you can't press a few buttons in succession you might be platinum, idk man. I don't play this game lol.

Johnny Based Cage likes this.
  5. New York Pizza

Premium Supporter

I love shazzy
    I love carpet
    I love desk

I love lamp... I love lamp

6. MkPeezy

MkPeezy Unicorn Papi

Ok I zeroed what my problem is... I'm so use to neither realm meta that its hurting my SF play and just how diff frames are... ex. -5 safe in mk/ij -5 in sf is open season.... you poke I always wanna counter poke but in sf that a no no...so all this frame data is killing me trying to act/react and see if its punishable or if its safe depending on the game fml... does anyone have tips? I love both games and i don't wanna drop either game....plus "going ham" is rewarded in this game this is fsr from the SF I know....

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  7. MkPeezy

MkPeezy Unicorn Papi

Sorry for the vent I just wanna be really good in SFV like how I am in NRS games because I understand fighting games but I lose to ppl who I know who don't ....

8. TopTierBarry

TopTierBarry Top tier player. Free'd up Knicks live on TYM
    Premium Supporter

is Menat hard to play ?

what about Zeku?

9. New York Pizza

Premium Supporter

Only thing that's difficult about Menat is her v trigger combos. Super fun but doesn't get much advantage off of her kd's/ CC's, so playing the 1-2 punch and running away game like nash I consider a more difficult level char

Kooron Nation and Kroaken like this.
  10. Yea in SFV frames are not given too freely, as in moves/normals are much faster than in NRS games. The only thing I can tell you is that you just have to lab against things that give you issues in this game. Go to training mode and practice punishing stuff on reaction until your good at it. Also do you have the fat app? It's a very useful app and it's free.

SpineRip likes this.
  11. Kooron Nation

Kooron Nation Adam has no mids

Just starting out on SFV, is Chun-Li an alright character to start out with and get a grip on the mechanics of the game? She seems to have a great shimmy/walkspeed, and good long range kick normals to keep spacing?

Otherwise I was gonna go pick a top tier like Cammy or Karin if it might help me learn the game better?

Kroaken likes this.
  12. New York Pizza

Premium Supporter

First of all, how dare you consider karin as a "otherwise I'll just pick x character if I don't like my first choice" secondary like some off-rack defect item, nobody puts my precious beautiful perfect angel from heaven in the corner.

But yes, Chun Li is a good beginner choice, just be weary of her high amount of negative frames. Neutral aa's and zoning is her primary advantage points.

Kooron Nation likes this.
  13. MAPUSA

MAPUSA Gravedigger

i would start with ryu.

14. FL Rushdown

Steam:
    Rushdown
    Have they confirmed or denied a rank reset with AE yet?

15. Linkuei82

Linkuei82 Live by the sword, Die by the sword
    Premium Supporter

16. New York Pizza

Premium Supporter

Karin gets a parry. My beautiful perfect precious angel from heaven gets a parry. Wonderful.

I will break the ever loving shit out of this new v trigger

Rip Torn likes this.
  17. New York Pizza

Premium Supporter

@FL Rushdown watching your urien mirrors and thoroughly entertained

Also @B. Shazzy your refusal to be anything less than -2 without reversal dp'ing and still winning match after match is turning me on

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  18. FL Rushdown

Steam:
    Rushdown
    Me vs denson? We play a lottttt so most of that is playing the player not the game lol.

19. NaCl man

NaCl man Mishima boiz

PSN:
    NaClman82
    XBL:
    NaCl man82
    bro if nobody else is going to say it i will..... this wifu shit is out of control as of now. She is a scrub character please move on................................................. ..............................wait for it .....................................................release lol

20. NaCl man

NaCl man Mishima boiz

PSN:
    NaClman82
    XBL:
    NaCl man82
    Unless they neef season 2 v triggers why would the top tiers change

21. EntropicByDesign

EntropicByDesign Confused and afraid.

I think she's actually a horrible character to learn the game with. Charge character, shit damage, she's objectively weak now, and whether you agree with that or not, when some of the best players in the works have trouble really making her work, then at the very least you're dealing with a character that isn't easy to win with. Though at low ranks/just starting none of that matters exactly.. but characters like Karin, Akuma, Necalli etc are FAR better. Necalli is a spectacular character to learn the game with imo. He's even partial charge, so you learn several aspects of the game.

Unless you just like/click with Chun, I'd avoid her.. but if you find her fun and you're comfortable on her and such, then, by all means, play away.. but if this decision is meant to forgo just liking a character and look strictly at the mechanical/practical/applicable side of things, Id out Chun in the bottom 3-5 characters to learn the game with.

22. NaCl man

NaCl man Mishima boiz

PSN:
    NaClman82
    XBL:
    NaCl man82
    if you want some games sfv or tekken hit me up. If you see me on let me know what you want to play

Kooron Nation likes this.
  23. New York Pizza

Premium Supporter

Karin, baby, he didn't mean that he was just kidding. Go wait for me in training mode I'll be right there

Listen buddy I don't know who you think you are infringing on young love and other people's relationships. But next time you upset my beautiful perfect precious angel from heaven me and you are gonna have a problem, you ohohoheard me?

24. Johnny Based Cage

Johnny Based Cage Day 10 Mediocre Darkseid Player
    Premium Supporter

I for one think this is a top 3 gimmick going right now, alongside Shazzy’s Guile downplay and Myles’ curmudgeonliness. You and ya girl do your thing, don’t listen to any Necalli edgelords lol.

The Slaj Jazz and New York Pizza like this.
  25. Kooron Nation

Kooron Nation Adam has no mids

I've been messing around with Necalli actually, I think I'm gonna use him, or maybe Cammy, but leaning towards Necalli.
    He seems super solid, and I'm usually into evil dudes lol. His 'zoning' with the ground pounds seems alright, and good AA move

ILuvFightGames likes this.