What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

SpineRip

Noob
This game doesnt know what 5 bar means
It may be your connection, but this assessment is still correct.

I live in Canada, and had a match come up that was 5 star, so I accepted it...

Guy's god damn flag was Cambodian and buddy was teleporting left and right all over the place.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Wish I could play urien but I don't know if I could ever pull all that crazy shit off in game lol

Rushdown is right. I'm have probably the worst execution you can find, and I'm starting to get his stuff down reasonably consistently in training mode.. his basic stuff isn't actually very hard at all

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Rushdown is right. I'm have probably the worst execution you can find, and I'm starting to get his stuff down reasonably consistently in training mode.. his basic stuff isn't actually very hard at all
I actually made a new account so I could mess around with him after watching some of Rushdowns stuff. He reminds of Black Canary just with a better neutral. But I have the same problem with him as I do Canary. I find all of his reset possibilities so overwhelming and hard to remember in the heat of the match. It's nothing wrong with the character just me. Hitting his crazy stuff is really satisfying though, although it's probably a lot easier to do on bronze players.

I actually made a new account so I could mess around with him after watching some of Rushdowns stuff. He reminds of Black Canary just with a better neutral. But I have the same problem with him as I do Canary. I find all of his reset possibilities so overwhelming and hard to remember in the heat of the match. It's nothing wrong with the character just me. Hitting his crazy stuff is really satisfying though, although it's probably a lot easier to do on bronze players.
You'd be realllly surprised. A lot of his real aegis stuff hits master level players too since it's just true 50/50 setups. Wether it's unseeable side switches or button vs grab once he's got you in the blender it's guessing time.

Best advice I've got for you is to pick one setup you wanna do for each situation and just stick with that. Have something for an juggled aegis and a grounded aegis and just do the same one over and over till you don't even think about it then move on to another two. After a month or two you'll have a decent collection of mixups. Once you start to understand the situations/spacings that certain options become available at you'll be able to start free styling with them too which is fun.

I just saw nemo'so Urien do crazy combos and resets on punk. Punk, who is arguable the best player in the world also gets hit by uriens stuff so rushdown is right, any rank and anybody can get hit with them.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
You'd be realllly surprised. A lot of his real aegis stuff hits master level players too since it's just true 50/50 setups. Wether it's unseeable side switches or button vs grab once he's got you in the blender it's guessing time.

Best advice I've got for you is to pick one setup you wanna do for each situation and just stick with that. Have something for an juggled aegis and a grounded aegis and just do the same one over and over till you don't even think about it then move on to another two. After a month or two you'll have a decent collection of mixups. Once you start to understand the situations/spacings that certain options become available at you'll be able to start free styling with them too which is fun.
I just saw nemo'so Urien do crazy combos and resets on punk. Punk, who is arguable the best player in the world also gets hit by uriens stuff so rushdown is right, any rank and anybody can get hit with them.
Not trying to say that some of the setups won't work on better players. Just some of the simpler ones I've been doing. He's definitely fun though and I'll put more time into him.

Btw how do you do quickrise into ex headbutt? Never seem to have enough charge to pull it off though I've seen people do it before.

Edit: Nvm just found out you can quickrise by pressing to punches. Been pressing down this whole time.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
Apparently people have been digging into the sfv files after the Menat patch and discovered a future update of customizable V-system (Vtrigger, Vskill and V reversal) and CA.

This could be proof for SSFV
i hope so cause this version sucks the big one. Yep the big stiff one lul

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Making a huge comeback using reflector feels reaaaaaally good though

Yeah for me, I'm not even looking at crazy reset/mix shit yet outside like cr.hp into ex fireball dash forward f.mp dash cause that's silly straight forward and you land cr.hp off quite a number of things. I'm just focusing on his nuetral and his basic bnbs/confirm combos and aegis stuff. Eventually when I feel like all that is just second nature I'll start messing with new shit.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Already in gold on my Urien alt lol he's real fun. Should I ever be ending light confirm combos with light chariot tackle? It's 0 on hit so I'm hesitant to do so but is it + on hit if I do it from a distance?

CantingSoup

Anyone have tips for landing combos? I'm doing the trials with Necalli and I'm having trouble land the cr. LK, cr.LPxxEX stomp string.

NHDR

Noob
You have to vary the EX stomp cancel timing out of chained lights. Try cancelling faster than you usually would.