What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Urien is fun because he doesn't plateau as easily as other characters. You can always improve your Urien just by learning new tech whereas other characters it's really just grinding to improve fundamentals and mindgames. Urien relys on those too, but it's nice to be able to learn new setups and combos with a character beyond day 4.
Yea, but the only negative? I can't get that ironman costume! :(

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I'm hoping, but without seeing how she plays I'm not sure. Looks fancy but that stuff could be auto timed or some nonsense.
Rewatched it. She does two different trigger enders so I think you'll be able to choose what to do on the fly. If it they make any if it predetermined that'll be such a disappointment.

Her buttons seem at least good and she has either specials or extensions to her buttons using orb.

I think she can combo off of an overhead and st.HK might be duckable but you can dash up after CC. So she at least has something without the meta.

I remember at the arcades how Deejay was very popular, not sure for how long though? What you think about either SAGAT or fei long being in SFV?
Sagat would be cool but he'd suck. No room for fireball keep away. Guiles the only decent one that plays like that but that's because they gave him ridiculous corner pressure and good dmg. Fei would be cool for 2 seconds till they announced they simplified his rekkas.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
I remember at the arcades how Deejay was very popular, not sure for how long though? What you think about either SAGAT or fei long being in SFV?
I remember going to the arcade and growing up in SSF2 Deejay was cool. I know he got flack in SFIV remembering comments. I didn't really play that version of SF though.

KCJ506

Noob
I really don't think Dee Jay and T.Hawk as well have that big of chance of returning here. Regardless of them being in SSF2, they were the two least popular characters there. They didn't even make it into Vanilla SF4.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Sagat would be cool but he'd suck. No room for fireball keep away. Guiles the only decent one that plays like that but that's because they gave him ridiculous corner pressure and good dmg. Fei would be cool for 2 seconds till they announced they simplified his rekkas.
lmao what corner pressure jab into boom or jab into jab boom? wow gdlk mix bro

not like this guy's character has a plus on block overhead combo starter and +50 ex divekick lul

lmao what corner pressure jab into boom or jab into jab boom? wow gdlk mix bro
Uh. Boom is plus and knee is plus when used right. Please don't act like guile can't pressure people in the corner lol. It's not the best in the game but it's strong and it's a big part of why he's good. I'm not saying his boom game isn't good, just saying if that was all he had he'd be ass.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Uh. Boom is plus and knee is plus when used right. Please don't act like guile can't pressure people in the corner lol. It's not the best in the game but it's strong and it's a big part of why he's good. I'm not saying his boom game isn't good, just saying if that was all he had he'd be ass.
lul knee is basically 0 vs 3 framers which is like all the toptier so. zero throw loops and below average damage if somehow guile opens you up with worse frame traps than most so gdlk tho bro jab boom man lern 2 block thnx

anyway here'a louffy's new tier list. notice how rashid is better than guile and guiles isnt even top 5 lul

Top tier : Boxer, Ibuki, Karin, Akuma, Cammy, Rashid
High tier : Necalli, Guile, Gief, Sim, Laura, Urien, Abigail, Bison.
Mid tier: rest

lul knee is basically 0 vs 3 framers which is like all the toptier so. zero throw loops and below average damage for hits with worse frame traps than most so gdlk tho bro jab boom man

anyway here'a louffy's new tier list. notice how rashid is hetter than guile and guiles isnt even top 5 lul

Top tier : Boxer, Ibuki, Karin, Akuma, Cammy, Rashid
High tier : Necalli, Guile, Gief, Sim, Laura, Urien, Abigail, Bison.
Mid tier: rest
Yeah I actually didn't say shit about anything you're talking about. I said guiles good because he's more than just a fireball game, I mean accept it or don't I don't really give a shit, but you know it's true.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
iM bUmdOwn rEmemBer wHEn i SAid akUmA iSnT tOp 10 aNd tHen tOkido wOn eVo lUl tRuSt mE bRo iM dIamoNd onLinE lIkE tHaT isNt bAsIcAllY tHe nEW gOld rANk aNYwAy

iM bUmdOwn rEmemBer wHEn i SAid akUmA iSnT tOp 10 aNd tHen tOkido wOn eVo
Dude why are you such a massive cock lol. I said in s2 that akuma was upper mid tier and viable. I still think that. This happens every time someone wins evo they think the character is godlike not the player. Guess what Nash didn't win evo last year and akuma didn't win this year. Infiltration and tokido did. I still think akuma is worse than Urien lol. And I put Urien at like 7-9.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I didn't even watch it cause I don't need to see more reason to hate fighting 100 techniques Urien while I struggle to MPx2 into CC fish. If Menat does half of whatever you're doing i might be back to remind the people of this thread their place. Lul tth myles bumdown

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
oH mAN nOT aBiGail , u KnOw, cHarCteR wItH sLoWesT buTTonS iN dA gAMe aBigAil wHo cAn doEs 70% bNbs tO gUiles 15% aKa wIn at aNy pOinT

nOT lIeK abIgail cAnT jUsT mASh v-ReVerSal tHe wAy hE bUilDs mEtEr eItheR bUt oH nO tHeN hE woNT hAVe tRigGer to cOnfrim fOr 100% coMbo sO gDlk

I didn't even watch it cause I don't need to see more reason to hate fighting 100 techniques Urien while I struggle to MPx2 into CC fish. If Menat does half of whatever you're doing i might be back to remind the people of this thread their place. Lul tth myles bumdown
Oh you should watch. It's moderately dope. We got hp headbutt juggles and option selects.

Last edited:

Option select is as follows. F mp(meaty so it's +2) -> overhead/low(2 frame gap on overhead 3 frame gap on low so its a true 50/50 vs half the cast and still scary vs the rest, or throw(throw resets the situations to the start or threatens loops) -> hold back and double tap trigger(timing depends on if you go low/oh but it's mashable and easy) if the 50/50 hits you combo, if they got counter hit on wakeup you combo, if they v reversal you combo, if they block everything you're ridiculously plus and get whatever mixup/shimmy you want.

Last edited: